Warrington Rylands (A)

4 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

And extinguishing our optimism for the coming season.

Just as nobody was crowing about beating Stockport, a loss to Warrington should be seen in the same way. The results mean nothing, it's what the manager and his staff learn from it. 

41 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Fondop lucky to stay on the pitch. Absolute horrendous tackle after two minutes. Tackles flying in now due to 

How bad was Norman's error?, it appears he's playing for a move. How can Mellon trust him after his last two performances in a Latics shirt.

I'd be in for Cieran Slicker an Oldham lad whose going to be loaned out by Ipswich this summer. Should of let Norman go to Dorking for a bag of balls 12 month ago, he's contributed absolutely fuck all after doing quite well prior and has either seen his arse or doesn't want to be a footballer any more.

Fondop you think should know better, brainless at times and I hope he doesn't cost us in a big game, it's always a worry.

• Like 2

Better to see now who can't hack it against NPL part timers. 

To think though we used to go to Curzon Ashton and win 7-0. 

Not sure where we finished in the league that season though.. think it was the one we signed Dean Furman. 

Edited by BP1960

Trialists supposedly were that Scott Moloney who played Saturday (goalkeeper), Dan Adshead (ex Dogdale prodigy who has had a lot of injuries and was at Fylde on loan last season), the Northern Irish hero from Costa Rica in Diego Jose Esquival McGann and Max Thompson likely formerly with Skalica in Slovenia and Sunderland youth mainly (winger).

Edited by samgoafc
Grammar

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How bad was Norman's error?, it appears he's playing for a move. How can Mellon trust him after his last two performances in a Latics shirt.

I'd be in for Cieran Slicker an Oldham lad whose going to be loaned out by Ipswich this summer. Should of let Norman go to Dorking for a bag of balls 12 month ago, he's contributed absolutely fuck all after doing quite well prior and has either seen his arse or doesn't want to be a footballer any more.

Fondop you think should know better, brainless at times and I hope he doesn't cost us in a big game, it's always a worry.

I really hope they show the Norman error in the highlights, it was astounding. 

I think we have a massive problem upfront. Very similar to last year nothing sticking. Fondop is not the answer. 

none of the trialists stood out Adshead deserves another look with some better players around him. 

1 minute ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Really liked the look of Mo Doro full of pace went forward decision making just needs to be better. Hopefully we see him challenging Kitching. 

Did that ex Sunderland lad Thompson play Brad?

Learnt nothing from that except that we’re still really lacking in quality.

Preseason is all about getting fit and giving everyone game time but we certainly didn’t look to have the players for a team a couple of divisions above!

The tackle that led to Fondop’s booking was ludicrous and totally unnecessary. He won’t change the way he plays and could be a liability once again…… we definitely need better if we want promotion.

It also confirmed the reasons why I can’t be arsed with friendlies!!

Was in the ground quite early and being next  to the pitch you could hear and see the warm ups. Players were doing a drill a simple passing one which included Fondop. He struggled to pass across the floor 10 yards away. Kitching went over and said Mikey use the grass and pass straight. 

I gave credit where credit was due on Saturday, but still refuse to get carried away with pre-season as I fully understand the importance of it and results simply don’t matter but we were piss poor tonight, not helped by the awful slow pitch which meant playing actual football was impossible. 
We are definitely experimenting with the goalkeeper playing out from the back but I just don’t think it suits those defenders games who started today. Trialist keeper is what I would describe as a modern day goalkeeper, but I feel we’ll concede a shit load at this level. Midfield missed Conlon, hopefully he is just a knock. With Norwood and Garner injured we are way off up front. 

15 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Was in the ground quite early and being next  to the pitch you could hear and see the warm ups. Players were doing a drill a simple passing one which included Fondop. He struggled to pass across the floor 10 yards away. Kitching went over and said Mikey use the grass and pass straight. 

Especially at home I am in quite early and sit near the dug outs and Fondop is always the same in the warm up and throughout the game has to be managed more than i’ve ever see or heard before, literally every 2 mins he has to be told where to go and where to stand. The bloke is a nightmare to play against but has no football brain at all. 

• Like 1

I rarely defend Fondop but I actually thought he slipped before making contact with their player.

I could easily be wrong though, as it’s Fondop we’re talking about and he hasn’t got a brain cell.

Was impressed with the keeper in the first half. Comfortable claiming aerial balls, very good with his short passing but his long balls need improving.

That Adshead looked alright, just needed to release the ball a bit earlier on a few occasions. Would give him another game to try and impress.

The other trialists were bobbins though.

Norman needs putting down.

Sutton was decent as the right sided CB.

Willoughby also looked bright but he was played as a #10 which was odd.

Cant really be used as an excuse, but that pitch was crap. The grass was very long and you wouldn’t find a single 3mx3m patch find the middle of a spirit level. Bumpy all over the show.

17 minutes ago, daniel said:

The bloke is a nightmare to play against but has no football brain at all. 

He comes across as a lovely fella on Latics social content- but looks surprised by any question anyone asks him. Seems like he’s in his own world. . . 

• Like 1

I captained Scott Maloney at school in our very early days. I've known him since he was about 8 or 9 years old. He's been fully committed to making it in the game and is a top pro. 

I hope this is his break.

Mainly so I can secure tickets to coveted events such as Oldham Athletic vs Braintree fckn Town. (Jokes)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I am stunned we gave him another contract tbh. 

• Like 1