Thought we played some good football that half. Monthe Kitching and Conlon linked up really well.

Kay has been anonymous.

fondop words fail me he’s a complete liability. Missed two sitters and shot from about 30 yards away when play was building. He just doesn’t have a clue and formation  doesn’t suit him

Selection of WhatsApp group first half comments:

Kitching and Ogle getting forward well - passing crisper than last season. Lacking a central striking presence …

Fondop misses a sitter from a Kitching cross

A LOT of our play going down the left - Kitching in particular 😃

Lincoln are playing a very high press and closing us down very quickly… one or two mistakes from us but an encouraging performance. Desperately need a better number 9 😮

Of the new boys:
Impressed with Ogle & Monthe
Of the old boys:
Conlon looks much better than he did last season.
Kitching definitely the MotFH 👍

Twitter feed makes it sound like Kay is involved and has at least one attempt at goal on target. Good to hear we are playing good football but starting with what we have at the moment I dont see anything more than a top ten finish.

Decent game of football that played some good football in decent spells. 

we need a striker though we had nothing upfront.

khan came in and looked lively.

Jesrun looks like a serious injury 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Decent game of football that played some good football in decent spells. 

we need a striker though we had nothing upfront.

khan came in and looked lively.

Jesrun looks like a serious injury 

Let's hope it isn't a bad injury, that would be very unfortunate.

1 hour ago, penrhyn said:

Twitter feed makes it sound like Kay is involved and has at least one attempt at goal on target. Good to hear we are playing good football but starting with what we have at the moment I dont see anything more than a top ten finish.

Didn't go yet can still predict where the team will finish.....impressive !  😄

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If we sort out the striker issue then we’ll be challenging play offs or above. Defence is better. Midfield is miles better. 10th last season and crap for the majority of it apart from a few good performances here and there. Well we are definitely better than last season, and I think it’ll be a crap league again. I’m glad expectation isn’t there and it definitely feels a bit flat but I’m more confident than I was this time last year. 

• Like 1

As has been said, the back 5 were excellent, especially Monthe, Kitching, Raglan and Ogle who looks a proper player. Conlon much improved but Lundstram still too negative for me.

Reid came on after 60 minutes and to my recollection touched the ball just the once and that was in our own 6 yard box.

I’ve said it before him & Fondop will not get us promoted.

• Like 1

Very encouraging, Keeper solid, back 4 played as a unit. 

Conlon the best player on the park,

Kay strong and quick. 

Trialist Otis Khan very lively and worth a contract. 

Fondop worked his socks off but no composure.

Charsley needs to do more though to secure a starting place. Matt Smith would have scored an hat trick today from some good crosses. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Whats your prediction them Champions elect ? . I said starting with what we have I dont see anything more than a top ten finish . If things hopefully change ie another winger /midfielder and strikers who want to play and can score . Dont get me wrong I want us to better than last year so badly.

Edited by penrhyn
typo

I thought we played really well for an hour.

Really like the 3 at the back with Ogle and Kitch as wingbacks.

Midfield four worked really well for me, disagree about Kay, I thought he was involved in a lot of our decent passages of play, Lundstrum far more positive and braver on the ball, he's getting there. Chersley better than last week but still not there and Conlon another solid display, positives for me is that we have a group much fitter looking to play football, some of the link up play down the flanks was excellent and Monthe is going to be a big player in this League for us, he oozes class on the ball.

We could of had two or three there quite easily with a bit of composure in front of goal and we've limited two decent League 1 teams to crumbs so plenty to be positive about. Fondop will get slagged off but he played the lone striker role reasonably well today against some decent centrehalfs. Reid absolutely anonymous and Willoughby not much better confirms we probably need to bring a striker or two in.

Wasn't too fussed about anything after 60 minutes, thought Sutton did well and Khan showed some ability, Liam Ridehalgh didn't impress much at LB for me, looked sluggish and off the pace, Hogan with a couple of clangers nearly won it for them.

Thought it was a decent afternoons work just a shame Jez picked up the knock and we may finally have found a right fullback.

• Like 3

We tried to sign Otis Khan under Dino a few years ago when he was at Mansfield. He's an Ashton lad and always looked a decent player when he played against us.

The back 4 shared a room at the away training camp in Scotland, so did the midfield.

looks like MM is getting them together 👍.

Becky the physio has left, Danny Philliskirk coming back to assist.

Ian Liversedge helping out, it’s pretty positive.