Food and drink involving any form of captive audience is almost always a complete rip off and the only way it will change will be if that audience stops paying daft prices. Football is usually relatively relaxed about people taking their own stuff in, so daft not to.

Guest O.A.F.C.
12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It is actually fairly standard practice across many football grounds

I know their is no chance of you throwing a bottle onto the pitch but they have to do it for everyone. The argument will be that someonelse could take it of you throw it. I know it seems a silly rule but it just one bad refereeing decisions to give a last minute penalty against us then some angry idiot throws one on hits a player or the referee and the club gets a fine.

Coins, lighters and vapes seem to be first choice for the angry idiots who throw things.  So banning bottle tops won't make much difference...

Guest O.A.F.C.

I thought when Frank took over, it was said JW Lees were going to be selling beer inside the ground again?

8 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

I thought when Frank took over, it was said JW Lees were going to be selling beer inside the ground again?

They still do, in the fans bar and the corporate areas.

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Thank god for small mercies that they don't 

I’m pretty sure they signed an agreement with Lees to supply beers in the ground.

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Food and drink involving any form of captive audience is almost always a complete rip off and the only way it will change will be if that audience stops paying daft prices. Football is usually relatively relaxed about people taking their own stuff in, so daft not to.

I agree and I take a certain level of rip off but £5.25 for a warm can of Fosters is the ultimate rip off.

It is an achievement for Latics to hit a level that stops me drinking but they have done it. As I said earlier I just won't drink in the ground, which is a shame because I like to feel I am contributing to Latics by buying things , oh and I like to drink  😄

Guest O.A.F.C.
3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Thank god for small mercies that they don't 

Bit harsh.  I know the lager is notorious but they have a good selection of other beers and they usually sell San Miguel if want to avoid it completely.

It's probably why a lot of people prefer The Rifle and Greyhound (both Lees pubs) than drinking in the ground...

Guest O.A.F.C.
7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They still do, in the fans bar and the corporate areas.

Not in the MSU where you think the bitter would be a great seller...

A good chunk of fans clearly unhappy at inflated prices, poor quality, crap assortment and rude service.

Very much in the wheelhouse of OASF this sort of stuff. Has any of their members contacted a rep?

• Like 1

The negativity on this forum is so tedious. It's no wonder previously regular contributers hardly post these days.

Starting to show more promise on the pitch and there's more talk about pies and bottle tops than there is about the actual football FFS.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I’m sure I have read somewhere they’ve gone to a national caterer rather than the local one which was being used. 

last season the food was pretty decent and pricing was standard. Asking kids to pay £2 for a small bag of crisp is just a rip off. 

They have.

23 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

The negativity on this forum is so tedious. It's no wonder previously regular contributers hardly post these days.

Starting to show more promise on the pitch and there's more talk about pies and bottle tops than there is about the actual football FFS.

For some people having a pie and a pint is part of the matchday ritual, if supporters feel that they are being ripped off then they are entitled to say so.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Because, thankfully, there’s a lot less to moan about on the pitch these days.

I find it hard to understand why there is difficulty in sourcing decent pies or pasties and charging a reasonable price to warm them up.

Haribos are £3.50 a bag which is almost 3 times the price of local supermarkets.

There are loads of micro breweries locally who may want to take on one of the bars in a stand to showcase their produce?

You can buy fosters lager at Asda for less than £1 a can, £4 would be a huge markup but £5.20 in the stand is just ridiculous!!

I know there are other factors to consider like electric & wages but these prices are obscene.

Anyway….who the f*** drinks Fosters lager these days?

34 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I have in the past challenged negatively on here but I think these issues are genuine gripes.

It's all about the full matchday experience which involves a pie and a pint and if you feel you are being ripped off then this affects it.

I think plenty have covered the football but if this issue is niggling people then what better place to air it.

17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Because, thankfully, there’s a lot less to moan about on the pitch these days.

I find it hard to understand why there is difficulty in sourcing decent pies or pasties and charging a reasonable price to warm them up.

Haribos are £3.50 a bag which is almost 3 times the price of local supermarkets.

There are loads of micro breweries locally who may want to take on one of the bars in a stand to showcase their produce?

You can buy fosters lager at Asda for less than £1 a can, £4 would be a huge markup but £5.20 in the stand is just ridiculous!!

I know there are other factors to consider like electric & wages but these prices are obscene.

Anyway….who the f*** drinks Fosters lager these days?

Bet they will be using the kit van to load up what every is on offer at costco.Like you say fosters that is awful.

£5.20 for a tin of Fosters is a rip off. 

£4.50 for a shit pie, is a rip off. 

£2 for a bag of walkers crisps, is a rip off. 

Might seem trivial, but it is an issue the club needs to sort. What were the prices last year ? The food and drink seemed like good value last year but I cannot recall the prices. 

9 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Bet they will be using the kit van to load up what every is on offer at costco.Like you say fosters that is awful.

Yes they have gone for the most generic cheapest lager to buy but rather than reflect that in what they sell it on for they have gone for an insulting crazy price.

I asked earlier, but no-one answered, did anyone notice big queues to buy it?

40 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Might seem trivial, but it is an issue the club needs to sort. What were the prices last year ? The food and drink seemed like good value last year but I cannot recall the prices. 

£3 for a bottle of Sprite they opened, but refused to give me the top - for safety reasons they said. 

I paid for the bottle and should be given it whole intact. Also I saw no notice on the JR stand kiosk it was card only payment. Isn't that a breach of regulations? 

Mine & my lads pies were exactly the same, rock solid at the bottom. Unimpressed in the club shop as well. Wanted to print a name on back of a shirt. People behind the counter were clueless as to if they could do it, how to do it, when they could do it. We just walked out in the end. It’s frustrating that I’m trying to part with my money for club services and just got grunts in reply.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I POTD, last season I’d spend £40 for my daughter and I, it was enough for tickets drinks and food. This season I’ll need to spend £50 for the same things. So on the afternoon out has gone up 25%. 

I don’t mind the tickets going up, (helping Frank/the club)  but catering does niggle. 

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

at least we are getting our teeth into the real societal issues here. stuff that really matters 🤣

I wish I could’ve got my teeth into it, but unfortunately it was rock hard. 

• Like 3