5 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

The back 4 shared a room at the away training camp in Scotland, so did the midfield.

looks like MM is getting them together 👍.

Becky the physio has left, Danny Philliskirk coming back to assist.

Ian Liversedge helping out, it’s pretty positive.

Thought Philly had just signed for Southport?

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I thought we played really well for an hour.

Really like the 3 at the back with Ogle and Kitch as wingbacks.

Midfield four worked really well for me, disagree about Kay, I thought he was involved in a lot of our decent passages of play, Lundstrum far more positive and braver on the ball, he's getting there. Chersley better than last week but still not there and Conlon another solid display, positives for me is that we have a group much fitter looking to play football, some of the link up play down the flanks was excellent and Monthe is going to be a big player in this League for us, he oozes class on the ball.

We could of had two or three there quite easily with a bit of composure in front of goal and we've limited two decent League 1 teams to crumbs so plenty to be positive about. Fondop will get slagged off but he played the lone striker role reasonably well today against some decent centrehalfs. Reid absolutely anonymous and Willoughby not much better confirms we probably need to bring a striker or two in.

Wasn't too fussed about anything after 60 minutes, thought Sutton did well and Khan showed some ability, Liam Ridehalgh didn't impress much at LB for me, looked sluggish and off the pace, Hogan with a couple of clangers nearly won it for them.

Thought it was a decent afternoons work just a shame Jez picked up the knock and we may finally have found a right fullback.

Agree with most of this, thought we where very good for an hour. 

We are clearly (finally) trying to play football on the ground. We very rarely hoof it. 

We look scary solid at the back. Really good to see. 

Disagree on Charsley I thought he did well. Some of the play down the left between him and more so Kitching/Monthe was superb. Thought Conlon looked very good again. Lundstram neat and tidy but I want more from him. The midfield looks soooo much better though due to the fitness/change of a couple players/some proper wing backs. 

Fondop I thought was hopeless. He should have scored at least 2. If Norwoods not back for months we need to go into the transfer market. 
I streamed it today due to illness and Conlon did a lovely fizzed pass inside to Fondop which bounced off him. You could see on the stream him turn away in disgust and have a moan. He looked a bit of a cart horse at times. 

Reid and Willoughby didn’t do much but the game went to shit at 60 minutes once both teams changed everyone. 

33 who is meant to be Khan is worth another look, he was really involved. 

Hogan tried his best to give them the win. Him and Willoughby need shipping off. Probably 5k in wages there which is frustrating. 

Looked like Jez took an awkward bang right at full time. About 3 mins after the game ended the stream was still going and he had about 4 coaches/medical staff round him.

All in all a decent run out. We are finally trying to play football but I love how solid we look as well.

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Nah….3k tops, and maybe a fair bit less.

Between Hogan and Willoughby? Pushing 5 easy. 

Hogan will have joined on 2k a week when he first signed (maybe more) and he’s had a new deal since. Willoughby was brought in as our number 1 target last summer when we where throwing money around. 

10 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Khan's been around the block and never seems to get it to stick anywhere. You have to wonder why.

Maybe he will stay and prosper now he's back home. He's from Ashton under Lyne. 

2 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Between Hogan and Willoughby? Pushing 5 easy. 

Hogan will have joined on 2k a week when he first signed (maybe more) and he’s had a new deal since. Willoughby was brought in as our number 1 target last summer when we where throwing money around. 

He won't score many goals from the halfway line where he mostly  stood today. 

6 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Just a note on the catering  what a rip off and  looks like no draughts beer in-the kiosks the pumps have been removed in the Joe Royle stand  only cans on sale 

I would put up with paying over the odds for draught beer as I can't get that at home but not for cans.

Did a lot of people still buy them?

I was told they are in the process of changing suppliers of both beer and food….don’t know whether that’s true or not because, didn’t we recently sign a deal with JW Lees?

They still can’t manage to warm a pie up properly, the one I had was solid on the bottom, I exchanged it for another that was exactly the same!!😡

7 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I would put up with paying over the odds for draught beer as I can't get that at home but not for cans.

Did a lot of people still buy them?

I went in the fans bar first  two pints of bitter(draught) and a Coke Zero for the lad  £10  went in Joe Royle stand  no pumps in the kiosk nearest the chaddy only cans  had a coffee, bottle of coke pkt crisp and a pie which was burnt on the bottom   £12 card only payments  gonna be that all season no cash So that’s  £22 on catering  for me and the boy just checked bank. The fans bar payment was to Oldham Athletic the £12 kiosk payment was to Elioruk  no value whatsoever for what was on offer  I will be having pre match drink back at the greyhound and won’t be getting anything from the kiosks so thats over £500  over the season the club will be missing out on  they have shot themselves in the foot with this latest catering deal 

22 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Just a note on the catering  what a rip off and  looks like no draughts beer in-the kiosks the pumps have been removed in the Joe Royle stand  only cans on sale 

£5.25 a can as well, £2 for a bag of crisps or a chocolate bar, I don't really want to put a dampner on anything before the seasons even started but I feel the club are taking the piss on the catering front, it's bordering on profiteering and I for one won't be spending a penny in the ground, I don't mind spending my money but that's taking the piss and totally unjustifiable. 

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

£5.25 a can as well, £2 for a bag of crisps or a chocolate bar, I don't really want to put a dampner on anything before the seasons even started but I feel the club are taking the piss on the catering front, it's bordering on profiteering and I for one won't be spending a penny in the ground, I don't mind spending my money but that's taking the piss and totally unjustifiable. 

They may have stumbled on a solution for the queues and also helped with my health at the same time as that's two less pints to pickle my liver :)

Talking of catering I purchased a bottle of Sprite (£3!! and yes I reluctantly paid by card). The person behind the counter handed me the plastic bottle without the top, when I asked for it explaining I wouldn't finish the bottle during the match and wanted to take the rest home the reply  came. "Sorry you can't have it as you might throw the top onto the pitch". 

As l I'm 79yo and sat at the top of the JR stand I was too amazed to a argue.

Never again will I partronise this high charging inflexible establishment again. 

Mr Royle and the board please note the complaints. 

🤐

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Talking of catering I purchased a bottle of Sprite (£3!! and yes I reluctantly paid by card). The person behind the counter handed me the bottle without the top, when I asked for it explaining I wouldn't finish the bottle during the match and wanted to take the rest home the reply  came. "Sorry you can't have it as you might throw the top onto the pitch". 

As l I'm 79yo and sat at the top of the  JR stand I was too amazed to a argue.

Never again will I partronise these high charging inflexible caterers. 

🤐

Take a bottle top with you and just pop it on once you are sat down.

6 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Take a bottle top with you and just pop it on once you are sat down.

They refused to give me the bottle top. It was opened without my consent. 

I will take my own bottle next time fully expecting to be frisked and handed over to the health and safety police and kept in the main stand dungeons for the whole match. 

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, Handsy said:

Why should he like he said he’s a 79 yr old man he’s not going to through it on the pitch 

No he shouldn't and it's a crazy rule.

I was trying to be helpful , sorry if it didn't come across as that but if he wanted to take some of it home then that was a solution. My friend does that so I passed on the information.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They refused to give me the bottle top. It was opened without my consent. 

I will take my own bottle next time fully expecting to be frisked and handed over to the health and safety police and kept in the main stand dungeons for the whole match. 

What the rule makers don't understand with this is that if anyone is inclined to throw things they will, whether it is coins, bottle tops or the bottle itself.

I can't remember when this came in but I don't recall a plague of bottle top throwing prior to this being implemented.

4 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

What the rule makers don't understand with this is that if anyone is inclined to throw things they will, whether it is coins, bottle tops or the bottle itself.

I can't remember when this came in but I don't recall a plague of bottle top throwing prior to this being implemented.

It's not bottle watching top throwing. It's throwing bottles full of stuff that may not have been the original contents...

• Like 1