31 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

They may have stumbled on a solution for the queues and also helped with my health at the same time as that's two less pints to pickle my liver :)

Will be same for us as well have to watch latics sober not a good thought. Does anybody know if this is a temporary measure? Don't think the rugby crowd tomorrow will be happy about this either.

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Anyone with a grievance re the prices or the shite pies I would say contact the club, you never know what might happen, just moaning about it on here isn't going to change anything. 

Stop all the moaning on this website and you would  be posting to yourself. 

BTW I have also made a complaint to the club and the more the merrier. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Anyone with a grievance re the prices or the shite pies I would say contact the club, you never know what might happen, just moaning about it on here isn't going to change anything. 

An individual contacting the club won't change anything either but chatting about it on this forum shows the strength of feeling between us all about the match day experience (and the whole point of the forum) which will be read by the OASF and someone from the club and may, and has done in the past changed things.

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They refused to give me the bottle top. It was opened without my consent. 

I will take my own bottle next time fully expecting to be frisked and handed over to the health and safety police and kept in the main stand dungeons for the whole match. 

Stupid but think it's the same everywhere

4 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Agree with most of this, thought we where very good for an hour. 

We are clearly (finally) trying to play football on the ground. We very rarely hoof it. 

We look scary solid at the back. Really good to see. 

Disagree on Charsley I thought he did well. Some of the play down the left between him and more so Kitching/Monthe was superb. Thought Conlon looked very good again. Lundstram neat and tidy but I want more from him. The midfield looks soooo much better though due to the fitness/change of a couple players/some proper wing backs. 

Fondop I thought was hopeless. He should have scored at least 2. If Norwoods not back for months we need to go into the transfer market. 
I streamed it today due to illness and Conlon did a lovely fizzed pass inside to Fondop which bounced off him. You could see on the stream him turn away in disgust and have a moan. He looked a bit of a cart horse at times. 

Reid and Willoughby didn’t do much but the game went to shit at 60 minutes once both teams changed everyone. 

33 who is meant to be Khan is worth another look, he was really involved. 

Hogan tried his best to give them the win. Him and Willoughby need shipping off. Probably 5k in wages there which is frustrating. 

Looked like Jez took an awkward bang right at full time. About 3 mins after the game ended the stream was still going and he had about 4 coaches/medical staff round him.

All in all a decent run out. We are finally trying to play football but I love how solid we look as well.

Jes is fine going off Mellons comments 

Edited by oafcmb
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Fair play BP, I tend not to pay over inflated prices, if the club price things right there is still a decent profit to be made. 

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It is actually fairly standard practice across many football grounds

I know their is no chance of you throwing a bottle onto the pitch but they have to do it for everyone. The argument will be that someonelse could take it of you throw it. I know it seems a silly rule but it just one bad refereeing decisions to give a last minute penalty against us then some angry idiot throws one on hits a player or the referee and the club gets a fine.

59 minutes ago, Handsy said:

They should stop selling pies then the one I had was rock hard would of killed someone 

Should have thrown it onto the pitch.Then

next match they'll remove the  bottom of the pie on safety grounds.before passing it to you.

20 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Should have thrown it onto the pitch.Then

next match they'll remove the  bottom of the pie on safety grounds.before passing it to you.

Same here, and the replacement pie I got was exactly the same….FFS, they only have to warm em up!!

The girl who served me was a proper miserable twat too who definitely didn’t want to be there.

The catering is a fucking shambles and needs sorting….rapid!

19 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Same here, and the replacement pie I got was exactly the same….FFS, they only have to warm em up!!

The girl who served me was a proper miserable twat too who definitely didn’t want to be there.

The catering is a fucking shambles and needs sorting….rapid!

Let's not be calling them twats eh. They're probably teenagers who definitely don't want to be there but are at least working. 

There's a properly horrible atmosphere about our fanbase already, let's not turn it on to young catering staff before the season has even started 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 11

B.P I am with you on this stupid rule . At 79 years at the back of the JR stand you are doing well to see the game let alone hit a player with a bottle top. Unless of course you have some other  hidden skills you havnt revealed 🤣.

50 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Let's not be calling them twats eh. They're probably teenagers who definitely don't want to be there but are at least working. 

Customer facing staff should always be courteous and helpful….there can be no excuses whatsoever!!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Customer facing staff should always be courteous and helpful….there can be no excuses whatsoever!!

Can’t argue with your sentiments in that respect, but maybe your descriptive analysis of your post-sale observations could have been worded a little better? 

• Like 2

I’m sure I have read somewhere they’ve gone to a national caterer rather than the local one which was being used. 

last season the food was pretty decent and pricing was standard. Asking kids to pay £2 for a small bag of crisp is just a rip off. 

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

You're calling someone who is on their first job who is learning about the world of work and life itself on minimum wage a twat because they didn't smile at you. Have you thought they might just be abit nervous and shy I certainly was in my first job?

Have you thought it might just be you being a miserable old twat?

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Btw what were people doing having pies yesterday it was 25c it wasn't exactly pie weather.

The calippos were probably £8 or something 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Btw what were people doing having pies yesterday it was 25c it wasn't exactly pie weather.

How dare you!!! We are Oldhamers, a pie is for any and every occasion!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Can’t argue with your sentiments in that respect, but maybe your descriptive analysis of your post-sale observations could have been worded a little better? 

Perhaps so but she really was quite rude. You’d have to have experienced it to understand why I said it!

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Talking of catering I purchased a bottle of Sprite (£3!! and yes I reluctantly paid by card). The person behind the counter handed me the plastic bottle without the top, when I asked for it explaining I wouldn't finish the bottle during the match and wanted to take the rest home the reply  came. "Sorry you can't have it as you might throw the top onto the pitch". 

As l I'm 79yo and sat at the top of the JR stand I was too amazed to a argue.

Never again will I partronise this high charging inflexible establishment again. 

Mr Royle and the board please note the complaints. 

🤐

you will more than likeley find that its out of the clubs hands and part of the safety certificate for the stand  that only open topped drink containers can be sold but is worth taking up with the powers that be @oasf over to you