11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Coat of living crisis, Brexit, No cash sales

9 quid for 2 ice creams

Bloody hell

Cost of living, Brexit, war in Ukraine is just a bloody excuse. Petrol up, elec up, gas up, food, etc.etc.

It’ll never come down again to anything like it was before but it bloody well ought to…

I reckon the petrol stations have made a bloody fortune from it!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m pretty sure they signed an agreement with Lees to supply beers in the ground.

They have it in  Bar Station Zebra. 

Shame Donkeystone went under their stuff was good. 

19 hours ago, BP1960 said:

They refused to give me the bottle top. It was opened without my consent. 

I will take my own bottle next time fully expecting to be frisked and handed over to the health and safety police and kept in the main stand dungeons for the whole match. 

This seems to be the rule at every ground. Not sure if it is an FA/EFL/Whoever makes the rules but very annoying. 

If you go to the same grounds for other sports they let you keep it on.

8 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

This seems to be the rule at every ground. Not sure if it is an FA/EFL/Whoever makes the rules but very annoying. 

If you go to the same grounds for other sports they let you keep it on.

Blame the dicks at football who throw full bottles on the pitch !

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

£3 for a bottle of Sprite they opened, but refused to give me the top - for safety reasons they said. 

I paid for the bottle and should be given it whole intact. Also I saw no notice on the JR stand kiosk it was card only payment. Isn't that a breach of regulations? 

This no top thing has been a thing at grounds for many years, no idea if it has been so at BP. As for regulations, what regulations?

Guest O.A.F.C.
6 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

The negativity on this forum is so tedious. It's no wonder previously regular contributers hardly post these days.

Starting to show more promise on the pitch and there's more talk about pies and bottle tops than there is about the actual football FFS.

Promise on the pitch? It's a kick about for fitness and an opportunity for a few trial players to make a good impression!! When we lost to Warrington, should we have had a piss boil on here?? 

Until we are playing in proper matches I think moaning about the catering is totally acceptable.

Still think putting an email or written complaint to the club would be more effective than whinging amongst ourselves as to who's had the coldest pie or the warmest can of beer.

I don't buy any refreshments at a match but the prices do seem extortionate. 👎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

f you go to the same grounds for other sports they let you keep it on.

Spanish Grand Prix they even take the tops off the bottles you bring in 'because of the danger'.

Nothing to do with being forced to pay a gazillion euros during the full day you are there I'm sure

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Also I saw no notice on the JR stand kiosk it was card only payment. Isn't that a breach of regulations? 

It is a requirement for  licensed premises to show a price list and the size of the measures.

There is no requirement for anybody to accept cash except in the case of a debt paid to a court- that is where 'legal tender' comes from.

If people aren’t happy with the pricing, beer available, unless you raise your complaint things won’t change. 

If everyone had the opinion that ‘one email won’t make a difference’, it never will. Get your emails in and tell them, better than just complaining on here. 

Edited by adamoafc

Guest O.A.F.C.
2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Blame the dicks at football who throw full bottles on the pitch !

How many times have you witnessed it following Latics?

Guest O.A.F.C.
2 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

They have it in  Bar Station Zebra. 

Shame Donkeystone went under their stuff was good. 

They ruined their reputation by making absolute terrible beers for Home Bargains.  I presume they couldn't deal with the increase of production and the quality suffered.  

1 hour ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Promise on the pitch? It's a kick about for fitness and an opportunity for a few trial players to make a good impression!! When we lost to Warrington, should we have had a piss boil on here?? 

Until we are playing in proper matches I think moaning about the catering is totally acceptable.

Bringing it back round to the football yesterday, you’re right, it’s pretty hard to judge. We did look promising at times in the first half and Fondop missed a couple of decent chances. But then the Lincoln first half team was full of kids & trialists, only a couple that started would be near their first team. And they arguably had the two best chances to score in the first half.

Second half, they brought on more of their regular players and we went with mostly kids & trialists. So, although we lost momentum, that weaker second half side did well against a stronger Lincoln team.

Back to the catering - we want a happy atmosphere at games so pissing people off before the match even starts isn’t gonna help reducing the moaning at Boundary Park. It’s frustrating coz it seemed Darren & Frank were getting this stuff right, so feels like a backwards step.

56 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Still think putting an email or written complaint to the club would be more effective than whinging amongst ourselves as to who's had the coldest pie or the warmest can of beer.

I have emailed the club  I hope everyone else who feels ripped off or disappointed with the kiosk offerings  complains via email

Edited by Handsy
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I have emailed the club  I hope everyone else who feels ripped off or disappointed with the kiosk offerings  complains via email

Which is the best email address for complaints!

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding of the rules is that you are not allowed  to drink alcohol if the football pitch is in sight (Do not know where i got that from) Does the same thing apply with Rugby league?

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not a chance you'll get a response from an email particularly from the ticket office.

The club will be well aware of the issues and I expect some sort of reaction.

2 minutes ago, another fan said:

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding of the rules is that you are not allowed  to drink alcohol if the football pitch is in sight (Do not know where i got that from) Does the same thing apply with Rugby league?

Drink your ale in the stand at Rugby League.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

Spanish Grand Prix they even take the tops off the bottles you bring in 'because of the danger'.

Nothing to do with being forced to pay a gazillion euros during the full day you are there I'm sure

Captured audiences often encourage rip off prices, the bigger the event the bigger the rip off.

Wembley Stadium a prime example.

Edited by BP1960