13 hours ago, Handsy said:

I emailed supporter.service@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Sent mine to Mark Sheridan (head of stadium operations) and copied it to OASF.

Edited by oafc1955

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I hope all the people saying that OASF should pick up the catering issue are paid up members rather than just expecting someone to do it on their behalf without support 

Why? Thought the Trust represented all Oldham fans...?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not a chance you'll get a response from an email particularly from the ticket office.

The club will be well aware of the issues and I expect some sort of reaction.

If more and more complain surely the club would take more notice than if the dissenters were sporadic ?

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If more and more complain surely the club would take more notice than if the dissenters were sporadic ?

I read Luke Rothwell will be raising the matter.

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

If people aren’t happy with the pricing, beer available, unless you raise your complaint things won’t change. 

If everyone had the opinion that ‘one email won’t make a difference’, it never will. Get your emails in and tell them, better than just complaining on here. 

Nothing is better than complaining on here, I am amazed you could even write that :)

I will e-mail them but I am not confident they will even read it, let alone reply. I actually thought the OASF would have more clout as they directly speak to DR and I thought things like this is what they are set up for, but I must have it wrong.

I personally won't buy a drink, not out of protest , just that they have priced me out of being able to afford it.

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I hope all the people saying that OASF should pick up the catering issue are paid up members rather than just expecting someone to do it on their behalf without support 

I’m a member of the trust   But I don’t think it matters  if you are or not a member 

31 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So. . if you’re not happy with something you should join the OASF because without doing that your voice is irrelevant. Dear me. 😂😂 

OWTB is our clubs football forum- to talk all things Latics, if people want a moan or to ask if it’s something OASF could look at that’s perfectly reasonable. 

Personally I don’t care enough about the catering to Join OASF, I just won’t buy overpriced food. If I did care enough I would email the club, or I might ask if it’s something OASF could talk to DR about in their monthly meetings with him. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So. . if you’re not happy with something you should join the OASF because without doing that your voice is irrelevant. Dear me. 😂😂 

OWTB is our clubs football forum- to talk all things Latics, if people want a moan or to ask if it’s something OASF could look at that’s perfectly reasonable. 

Personally I don’t care enough about the catering to Join OASF, I just won’t buy overpriced food. If I did care enough I would email the club, or I might ask if it’s something OASF could talk to DR about in their monthly meetings with him. 

This is spot on for me. 

Do I care enough about the overpriced catering that I will moan/ comment in here, yeah course. 

Am I that bothered that I will email the club / join the foundation? No, I’ll just not buy a drink / pie. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Promise on the pitch? It's a kick about for fitness and an opportunity for a few trial players to make a good impression!!

Nah. Anyone who watched the way we played against Stockport and Lincoln could not fail but to be encouraged by the improvement in standard of the team.

Its only preseason but there is certainly promise.

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Nah. Anyone who watched the way we played against Stockport and Lincoln could not fail but to be encouraged by the improvement in standard of the team.

It’s only preseason but there is certainly promise.

I went on Saturday and it’s clear we are trying to play out from the back. 

Lundstram and Conlon were dropping into the back 3 and trying to get us to play forward. I don’t think that’s Lundstrams strength though. 

The wing backs played high up the pitch and the centre backs also looked to play forward at every opportunity. A huge difference when Hogan came on and looked terrible. 

Promising signs but we are still short in areas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I went on Saturday and it’s clear we are trying to play out from the back. 

Lundstram and Conlon were dropping into the back 3 and trying to get us to play forward. I don’t think that’s Lundstrams strength though. 

The wing backs played high up the pitch and the centre backs also looked to play forward at every opportunity. A huge difference when Hogan came on and looked terrible. 

Promising signs but we are still short in areas. 

My biggest concern is up front- you’re as good as your strikers. . . 

Kurt will go. 

I like Mikey but he isn’t good enough to play the target man on his own, nor to play regularly in a front two. 

I like Reid but he’s had one good season in the last 5. 

Garner is busy and effective but is 37 and don’t see him scoring more than 10. 

Them three feel like impact strikers, not regulars you can rely on. 

Nors is class, but I don’t think his heart is in it and none of others seem a good partner for him. 

Unless we sort that, I think the football and performance’s will be better. (Which is a plus) but we’ll struggle for the necessary results to have us challenging top 3.

It feels like a top 8 squad to me, not top 3. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

£3 for a bottle of Sprite they opened, but refused to give me the top - for safety reasons they said. 

9 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

This seems to be the rule at every ground. Not sure if it is an FA/EFL/Whoever makes the rules but very annoying. 

If you go to the same grounds for other sports they let you keep it on.

6 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

How many times have you witnessed it following Latics?

You can trace the root of the blame to referee Paul Durkin being hit by a hot dog in an FA Cup tie at home to Chelsea. 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Put yourself in the shoes of an OASF board member. You put yourself out giving loads of time and effort into it, you get minimal support and loads of people who've contributed nothing expect you to take up their particular bugbear. Would you be motivated to do so?  Maybe I'll p to a point but I couldn't blame anyone for wondering why they bothered in those circumstances. Not especially long for a long debate, that's just my view.

47 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Put yourself in the shoes of an OASF board member. You put yourself out giving loads of time and effort into it, you get minimal support and loads of people who've contributed nothing expect you to take up their particular bugbear. Would you be motivated to do so?  Maybe I'll p to a point but I couldn't blame anyone for wondering why they bothered in those circumstances. Not especially long for a long debate, that's just my view.

It may seem trivial but it will impact every fan which enters the ground. Is this not the purpose of the foundation ? 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I think I’ve seen on Twitter they are going to raise the kiosk issues with Darren. It does affect every fan. 

obviously plenty have been raised from card only, the cost and the service. 

The club need to hear the feedback as it will drive people not to go. I take my son to some games, he likes to have a drink, crisp and a chocolate while watching. Add this on to what you already spend it gets very expensive. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

It may seem trivial but it will impact every fan which enters the ground. Is this not the purpose of the foundation ? 

I'm just taking it to its logical conclusion. Yes, I think it is something OASF could take up. But they'll always struggle to get any momentum for anything if people don't actually join up.

Guest O.A.F.C.
5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

You can trace the root of the blame to referee Paul Durkin being hit by a hot dog in an FA Cup tie at home to Chelsea. 😂

Ha can't believe that made the headlines!!

Nobody has emailed OASF to pick this up but we have spotted the complaints on socials. We're meeting Darren Royle tonight and it is on the agenda.

As someone said earlier in the thread, we're much more likely to be listened to if we have more members.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, JimboothOASF said:

Nobody has emailed OASF to pick this up but we have spotted the complaints on socials. We're meeting Darren Royle tonight and it is on the agenda.

As someone said earlier in the thread, we're much more likely to be listened to if we have more members.

How do you guys advertise for members? 

I see very little presence on match days around the ground. 

35 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

How do you guys advertise for members? 

I see very little presence on match days around the ground. 

We have a kiosk in the fan bar where you can sign up. We also distribute leaflets from it with information on how you can sign up at home.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimboothOASF said:

We have a kiosk in the fan bar where you can sign up. We also distribute leaflets from it with information on how you can sign up at home.

Great stuff, rarely go into the fans bar so missed this. 

Assume you have, but have you considered a presence in the concourses or a section within the match day programme ? 

8 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Is it forklore that he saw tomato sauce and thought it ws blood ? 😁

3 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I think I’ve seen on Twitter they are going to raise the kiosk issues with Darren. It does affect every fan. 

obviously plenty have been raised from card only, the cost and the service. 

The club need to hear the feedback as it will drive people not to go. I take my son to some games, he likes to have a drink, crisp and a chocolate while watching. Add this on to what you already spend it gets very expensive. 

Thanks to them for taking this up on all fans behalf.

I do think you will get a waffly answer about costs and overheads etc. but at least you would have told him it's unacceptable and so when sales drop he can't be surprised.

The Trust is caught in a catch 22 situation, people won't join until they see they are effective but to be effective you need more people to join.