5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Put yourself in the shoes of an OASF board member. You put yourself out giving loads of time and effort into it, you get minimal support and loads of people who've contributed nothing expect you to take up their particular bugbear. Would you be motivated to do so?  Maybe I'll p to a point but I couldn't blame anyone for wondering why they bothered in those circumstances. Not especially long for a long debate, that's just my view.

You’re making a different point about OASF engagement and the right to have a voice if you do nothing or don’t contribute. Which is valid- but where does that end?

Nobody else in my circle follows Latics, the only place I get to chat with other fans is on here. So I’ll pass comment in the same way I would in the pub. 

‘Prices have gone up haven’t they. Don’t think I’ll bother.’

(Somebody across the bar shouts) 

‘No good talking/moaning in here, have you joined OASF to affect change.’

‘Er, no- I just won’t buy anything.’

I just think that’s it taking a sledge hammer to crack an egg.  We’re not talking about a name change or the club saying they want to play in red. It’s a few people saying the catering is expensive- can you ask DR. That’s it. 

Not every gripe has to start a mass movement. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Put yourself in the shoes of an OASF board member. You put yourself out giving loads of time and effort into it, you get minimal support and loads of people who've contributed nothing expect you to take up their particular bugbear. Would you be motivated to do so?  Maybe I'll p to a point but I couldn't blame anyone for wondering why they bothered in those circumstances. Not especially long for a long debate, that's just my view.

I agree it's a massively thankless job, (try being an union rep at work!!) but surely they know that when they sign up for it although  I still applaud them for doing so.

Just to use a political example, a Labour MP doesn't just serve anyone who voted Labour they are supposed serve all their constituents so I think we can all agree that OASF serve all Latics supporters regardless of membership.

They are going to raise it with DR , so let's wait for the answer. He has to be careful what he says as I think that it might melt this forum down before even the season has started :)

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I am a OASF member. This is exactly the kind of issue where they should be acting on behalf of everyone IMO. I'm pleased to hear the matter will be raised with Darren Royle.

It’s £1 a month FFS!…everyone on here should be a member. More members mean a bigger voice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Only Blue said:

I agree it's a massively thankless job, (try being an union rep at work!!) but surely they know that when they sign up for it although  I still applaud them for doing so.

Just to use a political example, a Labour MP doesn't just serve anyone who voted Labour they are supposed serve all their constituents so I think we can all agree that OASF serve all Latics supporters regardless of membership.

They are going to raise it with DR , so let's wait for the answer. He has to be careful what he says as I think that it might melt this forum down before even the season has started :)

All Darren needs to do is ask for a warm can of lager and a cold steak pie and place £9:75 in cash on the counter telling them he left his bank card at home and see the reaction. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

All Darren needs to do is ask for a warm can of lager and a cold steak pie and place £9:75 in cash on the counter telling them he left his bank card at home and see the reaction. 

If the football ends up being good so we can't moan about it (although we will) then it will have to be a cash revolution. 

Big queues of tenner wielding people being turned away just so they can have an argument haha!!!

2 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

If the football ends up being good so we can't moan about it (although we will) then it will have to be a cash revolution. 

Big queues of tenner wielding people being turned away just so they can have an argument haha!!!

Briliant performance by the rugby yesterday, but I saw loads moaning about the catering. 

They will come again, but many will bring their own food and drink... unless that's banned by the club. 

15 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not a chance you'll get a response from an email particularly from the ticket office.

I’ve always received replies to my emails to the club.

I actually emailed the ticket office yesterday and received a reply this morning!!

26 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I’ve always received replies to my emails to the club.

I actually emailed the ticket office yesterday and received a reply this morning!!

👍

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Briliant performance by the rugby yesterday, but I saw loads moaning about the catering. 

They will come again, but many will bring their own food and drink... unless that's banned by the club. 

Let's hope that the rugby supporters pass their comments on to their respective board because there are so many things going right around Boundary Park but this issue has gone worse

Had a meeting on facebook with the realistic fans about all of this earlier. 

We are going to petition the club to take the lids off the pies and and make it applePay only. 

No doubt PTB will try and stop us. 

Subscribe to the Oldham Sport Cast - first episode coming last year. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Had a meeting on facebook with the realistic fans about all of this earlier. 

We are going to petition the club to take the lids off the pies and and make it applePie only. 

No doubt PTB will try and stop us. 

Subscribe to the Oldham Sport Cast - first episode coming last year. 

FTFY 👍