Southport (A) 23/07/24 Pre Season

Another big one tomorrow night. Coming thick and fast.

Going off the post match presser from Micky, big changes expected again to give minutes to everyone. Sounds like a few are carrying niggles from Saturday and before that. Would like to think he'd rest a few as given playing Saturday/Tuesday four weeks straight before the season won't help anyone.

Expect the subs to start from Saturday and potentially the trialists? Be good to have a longer look at some of them.

Rumours circulating Reid (or Kurt) is on his way out this week.

Anyone know what happened to Muhammadu Faal we had on trial in Scotland? Was named on the team sheet versus Stockport but was sat in the main stand I read on here.

Anyone making the trip? Hopefully isn't £10 for a pint and a pie 😄🍺

15 minutes ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Going off the post match presser from Micky, big changes expected again to give minutes to everyone. Sounds like a few are carrying niggles from Saturday and before that. Would like to think he'd rest a few as given playing Saturday/Tuesday four weeks straight before the season won't help anyone.

Expect the subs to start from Saturday and potentially the trialists? Be good to have a longer look at some of them.

Anyone know what happened to Muhammadu Faal we had on trial in Scotland? Was named on the team sheet versus Stockport but was sat in the main stand I read on here.

I'll be going and think someone posted that pie and chips were good value, although it may have benn Radcliffe !!  👨‍🦳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

On Faal, he’s just signed for Crawley.

• Like 1

Guest O.A.F.C.
17 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Christ, don't tell our lot... 

It was decent tbh.  

1 hour ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Interesting after spending a week with us in Scotland. Wonder if we turned him down or he had a better offer and wanted to stay down south.

Can't imagine he's the sort of player we'd be throwing big money at so playing at a higher level much closer to home must have been attractive, even though he only got a six month contract.  I think the vast majority of people thought Crawley would crash and burn but doesn't appear to have been the case at all.

Edited by Dave_Og

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Can't imagine he's the sort of player we'd be throwing big money at so playing at a higher level much closer to home must have been attractive, even though he only got a six month contract.  I think the vast majority of people thought Crawley would crash and burn but doesn't appear to have been the case at all.

They definitely exceeded the expectations of the majority last season but this season looks tough. They've lost seven of their promotion winning squad so a real challenge on the step up to L1.

1 minute ago, aaronoafc said:

Would take a point

Is it an urban myth that Harry Kane once said it a post-match interview that he was happy with the point, but the interviewer then pointed out that it was an FA Cup game...?

55 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

do you really think that tonight is 'another big one'?

Hopefully a chance for the fringe players and trialists to shine against a pretty physical Southport side, it will be a decent run out for some. 

Radcliffe should be a good game Saturday, we'll probably take plenty and it's not a bad day out.

12 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

No Willoughby surely he’s got to be off 

You’d think so but he might have a niggle…..personally I’d rather it were Reid that was off. His 1/2 hour showing on Saturday was headless chicken material of the highest order!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Gardner being injured is the most typical thing. 

Khan playing again, he looks a player. 

Yes that deal we gave him would be best described as charitable, I like him but he must be on buttons for the club to consider re-signing him, there was nothing surer than him breaking down during a tough pre season.