Southport (A) 23/07/24 Pre Season

Watched the brief highlights from this game as I couldn't attend and the defending was fucking atrocious.

Maybe unfair but who the fuck from our scouting team went to watch Dale last  and thought I'd much rather take that Jesurun Uchebulam over Tyrese Sinclair, I'm absolutely staggered we've signed him, first impressions of him to me is he just looks like another one of those 'projects', fast as fuck but produces next to fuck all, hope I'm wrong but I've seen better in the Northern Premier League than what he's going to be able to offer us, is he any better than Devarn Green?, basing it on the games against Dale last season most certainly not, I'm not Greens biggest fan but he could give you a decent half hour now and then, this lad needs to improve so much defensively it's almost scary, he's so positionally unaware at times it's frightening. 

Hope the lad proves me wrong but I fear he'll be nothing more than a bit part fringe player, chucked on with 5 to go to stretch a defence.

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Watched the brief highlights from this game as I couldn't attend and the defending was fucking atrocious.

Maybe unfair but who the fuck from our scouting team went to watch Dale last  and thought I'd much rather take that Jesurun Uchebulam over Tyrese Sinclair, I'm absolutely staggered we've signed him, first impressions of him to me is he just looks like another one of those 'projects', fast as fuck but produces next to fuck all, hope I'm wrong but I've seen better in the Northern Premier League than what he's going to be able to offer us, is he any better than Devarn Green?, basing it on the games against Dale last season most certainly not, I'm not Greens biggest fan but he could give you a decent half hour now and then, this lad needs to improve so much defensively it's almost scary, he's so positionally unaware at times it's frightening. 

Hope the lad proves me wrong but I fear he'll be nothing more than a bit part fringe player, chucked on with 5 to go to stretch a defence.

Wasn't me, I'd never have recommended Charsley either, he's no go in him. 

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's probably not relevant for this thread, but that's truly shocking what has gone on in Southport today...

Tragic and really does put things into perspective. 

35 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's probably not relevant for this thread, but that's truly shocking what has gone on in Southport today...

No words are there. Tragic.

Edited by longtimeblue

46 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Just cannot understand why you would do such a horrible thing..Poor poor families.