BPAS PODCAST: 29th July '24, S5E1: with Micky Mellon & Darren Royle

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I don't think anyone can look at the recruitment so far this summer and think that to be the case.

Would the signing of Stones and or Smith change your mind because I’m pretty sure we aren’t finished on the recruitment front just yet.

It’s not all black n white, sometimes during preseason you have to wait for potential targets to become available.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Of course.

If we are footing the bill for moneybags Altrincham to use our player then that is bad negotiating.

Oh sorry - you meant the negotiation. Didn’t realise you had moved onto something else in your head. 

No, I was asking if you could breakdown where you think the massive drop in the wage bill is? 

Of course.

If we are footing the bill for moneybags Altrincham to use our player then that is bad negotiating.

Come on, you're on the wind up here now aren’t you? It’s not how it works and you know it. 
Money bags Altrincham? 
Do you not think we tried getting the best deal for Oldham Athletic in this instance? 
Would you rather us fuck Altrincham off and Nuttall still be here with us paying 100% of wages, or us getting rid on loan and contributing 50% (guessing) and therefore having £1500 extra per week to now spend? 

Massive mistakes were made when we signed him, but we have no other option if we don’t want him at the club this season. 
I just hope we have learnt from these mistakes going forward.

57 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Did anyone else think the idea of a board of professors was a bit strange?? I only know of the stats guy from Reading but got the feeling we are aiming for some kind of education set up which would align with DR past businesses. I'd rather them concentrate their immediate efforts on the pitch for the time being. They have the assets under the same roof and secured the short term future of the club but unless we get back in the EFL asap it will all mean nothing.

Sounded as though we were just cheaply utilising the expertise of fans who had the club's interest at heart. Seemed logical.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh sorry - you meant the negotiation. Didn’t realise you had moved onto something else in your head. 

No, I was asking if you could breakdown where you think the massive drop in the wage bill is? 

Well I don't think free transfers from Newport and Fylde are going to be breaking the bank somehow.

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

Come on, you're on the wind up here now aren’t you? It’s not how it works and you know it. 
Money bags Altrincham? 
Do you not think we tried getting the best deal for Oldham Athletic in this instance? 
Would you rather us fuck Altrincham off and Nuttall still be here with us paying 100% of wages, or us getting rid on loan and contributing 50% (guessing) and therefore having £1500 extra per week to now spend? 

Massive mistakes were made when we signed him, but we have no other option if we don’t want him at the club this season. 
I just hope we have learnt from these mistakes going forward.

Altrincham have been better at recruiting than us over the past two years, if they want our player then maybe we should be asking are we doing the right thing letting him go?

At the very least they should be paying full whack (they may well be)

I don’t know the bloke, but James Reade was a serial Abdallah sympathiser and was also a strong supporter of Unsworth.

This ‘academic’ board sounds pointless and bloated. Just focus on winning some football matches FFS.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Altrincham have been better at recruiting than us over the past two years, if they want our player then maybe we should be asking are we doing the right thing letting him go?

At the very least they should be paying full whack (they may well be)

I would agree they have been better at recruitment than us, the reason for that is they haven’t been stupid enough to pay 3 grand a week to donkeys like Nuttall. 
I 100% guarantee that Altrincham will not be paying 100% of Nuttall’s wages, because as I said above they aren’t stupid, and they cannot afford it. They’ve only been a FT club for 2-3 years and don’t get serious crowds for this level. 
This summer, i’m confident that we got the best possible deal we could for Joe Nuttall, which still means we have no option but to contribute significantly towards his wages. 

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well I don't think free transfers from Newport and Fylde are going to be breaking the bank somehow.

That’s a tiny fraction of the budget, what do you think the following earn? 

Monthe

Hobson

Rags

Charsley

Conlon 

Norwood 

Garner 

Id wager there is circa 20k a week (1 million a year)  in those 7 alone. 

If you’re expecting a squad full of these players in non league with no EFL money then you’re genuinely deluded- it would cost £3-4 million a year. 

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Also, by way of comparison- no owner in our history has come close to 3/4 million playing budget. So again, what you want or think is happening is pie in the sky. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Monthe

Hobson

Rags

Charsley

Conlon 

Norwood 

Garner 

If you’re expecting a squad full of these players in non league with no EFL money then you’re genuinely deluded- it would cost £3-4 million a year. 

OK. And the ones that have left?

I’m starting to really struggle differentiating between genuine opinion and those on the wind up. 

It’s making this board a very difficult read sadly. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Unfortunately the budget will still be being affected by bad decisions made last summer, you could argue it will still take another 12 months for us to recover from the botched Unsworth project.

Exactly- as was explained by Mellon months ago. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Also, by way of comparison- no owner in our history has come close to 3/4 million playing budget. So again, what you want or think is happening is pie in the sky. 

I think you are arguing a different point. I'm not asking or expecting the owners to spend money they can't afford.

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Monthe

Hobson

Rags

Charsley

Conlon 

Norwood 

Garner 

Rags...

OK. And the ones that have left?

You’re adamant that they’re cost cutting, and not telling us. This is despite you me and everyone else being told that the squad needed big changes and was far too big. Do you remember that?? I know you do because you hammer Mellon with the speech where he said it. Or are you getting your famous amnesia again. . 😂

We have a smaller squad- because that’s what Mellon wants. 

We aren’t signing 12 players to replace the 20 because that’s what Mellon wants. 

For your view to have any credibility you need to substantiate what you’re saying. 

How is doing exactly what they said they would do - cost cutting? 

Or is it like I said 15 pages ago, and you just don’t rate players you’ve never seen, in team that hasn’t played a competitive game in a squad that isn’t complete. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You’re adamant that they’re cost cutting, and not telling us. This is despite you me and everyone else being told that the squad needed big changes and was far too big. Do you remember that?? I know you do because you hammer Mellon with the speech where he said it. Or are you getting your famous amnesia again. . 😂

We have a smaller squad- because that’s what Mellon wants. 

We aren’t signing 12 players to replace the 20 because that’s what Mellon wants. 

For your view to have any credibility you need to substantiate what you’re saying. 

How is doing exactly what they said they would do - cost cutting? 

Or is it like I said 15 pages ago, and you just don’t rate players you’ve never seen, in team that hasn’t played a competitive game in a squad that isn’t complete. 

Profile of player being brought in doesn't compare to last summer. Add in the wages from those that have left this summer and the answer is staring you in the face.

Anyway, night all.

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Profile of player being brought in doesn't compare to last summer. Add in the wages from those that have left this summer and the answer is staring you in the face.

Anyway, night all.

Incumbent Player profile is much better this summer than last, and the need to recruit like that isn’t a priority. Players leaving is what the club told you would happen, due to many mistakes under Unsworth. 

So, as I thought. You’re just making it up again. 

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

Did anyone else think the idea of a board of professors was a bit strange?? I only know of the stats guy from Reading but got the feeling we are aiming for some kind of education set up which would align with DR past businesses. I'd rather them concentrate their immediate efforts on the pitch for the time being. They have the assets under the same roof and secured the short term future of the club but unless we get back in the EFL asap it will all mean nothing.

Never mind that. Why on earth have you right-aligned your post? Makes me itch, layout misuse. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Incumbent Player profile is much better this summer than last, and the need to recruit like that isn’t a priority. Players leaving is what the club told you would happen, due to many mistakes under Unsworth. 

So, as I thought. You’re just making it up again. 

There isn't a need to recruit proven quality? Blimey, heard it all now...

So desperate to disagree you don't even know what you are disagreeing with 🤣🤣

Anyway, morning all.

8 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I’m starting to really struggle differentiating between genuine opinion and those on the wind up. 

It’s making this board a very difficult read sadly. 

It's more so re the long replies to the ones that was are wind ups

• Matt featured this topic
2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

There isn't a need to recruit proven quality? Blimey, heard it all now...

So desperate to disagree you don't even know what you are disagreeing with 🤣🤣

Anyway, morning all.

Nope, I didn’t say that.

You’re making stuff again.

I’m not interested in disagreeing with you, that would imply you could make a coherent argument. But alas, you can’t.  

Your desperation to judge a team that hasn’t played a competitive game and your need to see us fail is just sad.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's more so re the long replies to the ones that was are wind ups

Same posters time and again…..We all know the culprits they need to be ignored!