MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

11 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Sounds like the one near me in JFS who, at 2-0, was moaning "stop pissing about, just effing kick it"

Bloke in front of me was furious with Conlon when he played it back to the keeper under pressure with no other clear pass on.

”Forwarddddddddd” 

I just laugh these days. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

If we beat most teams we should on budget then the games against the better teams become less important. Last season we turned up against Barnet and chesterfield, then stunk the place out against the likes of Braintree’s ilk. 

We beat Oxford 4-0 last season...

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We lost to Mickleover, Hendon, the list goes on and on. 

We beat Mickleover and our reserves lost to Hendon. We played well today, but let's have it right - the only NL to have been as bad as that lot since we were relegated was Oxford City and we comfortably dispatched them at home last season. Change your narrative...

I heard moaning about the prices of food and playing out from the back. We will get caught out a few times playing that way, but I liked it. It stops a group of twenty outfield playing grouping either side of the half way line, for a ball to be booted into a crowd ! We chased every ball down and had width. Best I’ve seen in a long time. Yeah it’s only Braintree, but last year that could of been a boring 1-1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I wouldn't write Kitch off just yet it's quite possible at some point we could go to 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1  and play Kitch behind Jez and 2 from the 3 of Ogle, Christie or Kay from the right.

Actually we might have more depth than I first thought

Anyonelse getting a semi?

Also with five subs and if we set up to play like that regularly, being able to bring on fresh wing backs on both sides like we did today could be a real winner.

• Like 1

Just now, jsslatic said:

Also with five subs and if we set up to play like that regularly, being able to bring on fresh wing backs on both sides like we did today could be a real winner.

Seven on the bench and bring able to bring on five subs will definitely be suiting us, I see Braintree were only able to name five on the bench today.

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We beat Mickleover and our reserves lost to Hendon. We played well today, but let's have it right - the only NL to have been as bad as that lot since we were relegated was Oxford City and we comfortably dispatched them at home last season. Change your narrative...

Nah. 

I like my Narrative. 

We didn’t beat Mickleover- we won on pens against after being completely outplayed. (We were that bad, I forgot about the pens) Our reserves should hammer Hendon- they didn’t. 

Our first team couldn’t beat at home- 

Kiddy
Ebbsfleet (hammered us) 

Wealdstone
Dorking

Maidenhead 

Woking

Dagenham 

3 of those clubs are that massive they finished in the bottom 6 of the table. Two got relegated. 

If you’re going to make a case, at least do your research- poor from you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Seven on the bench and bring able to bring on five subs will definitely be suiting us, I see Braintree were only able to name five on the bench today.

7 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Kay and Caprice look better wing-back options than Kitch

8 hours ago, PeteG said:

Should be a comfortable 2 or 3 nil win today. As for expectations - we should expect to beat Braintree at home. It's Braintree lads ffs!!

I've not read the posts on this thread for a few days and am still going through them. I can't believe the negativity of most of your posts.

Some ridiculous posts especially fro Frankly.

I wonder if any of you have the balls to come back on an adn

Mit their posts were absolute bollocks. Probably not.

Pete G called it right. The rest of you spoke of their strickers getting hat tricks, 1:0 losses as I say absolute negative bollocks.

Today we didn't play fantastically well but the performance was miles away from last year.And we worked hard. Very promising today. Defense was formidable and we created several chances. 

So please all you posters revisit the garbage you posted earlier on this thread before a ball was kicked and for gods sake stop being so negative. We will do well this year so stop moaning and get behind our team.

Constructive opinions are OK but negative speculative bollocks is not.

Now I'll continue to read the rubbish several regular posters wrote before today's kick off and hope the later posts might be a bit more positive now today's result is in.

Our central defenders won't have to face a more physical battering that they got off their front two. They were two absolute monsters.. And our boys stood up to it magnificently. Whilst also giving them plenty back.

We showed lots of promise, and actually played some tidy football, and our midfield, especially Charsley and Hammond got stuck in, and worked their pods off.

Nothing but praise for the whole team..  Well done boys .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

It was the 1st game of the season so enthusiasm should be high in terms of chasing etc but the quality was a lot better. Conlon POTY incoming. 

Only worry is if we play a decent side, may not in this hole of a league, we may struggle being so open in midfield. 

Negative again. You can only beat what's in front of you.

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nah. 

I like my Narrative. 

We didn’t beat Mickleover- we won on pens against after being completely outplayed. (We were that bad, I forgot about the pens) Our reserves should hammer Hendon- they didn’t. 

Our first team couldn’t beat at home- 

Kiddy
Ebbsfleet (hammered us) 

Wealdstone
Dorking

Maidenhead 

Woking

Dagenham 

3 of those clubs are that massive they finished in the bottom 6 of the table. Two got relegated. 

If you’re going to make a case, at least do your research- poor from you. 

And again I'll say, the only team we have ever played as bad as that today was Oxford and we comfortably beat them at home too. So the "we'd have lost that last season" narrative is absolutely bullshit...

4 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Negative again. You can only beat what's in front of you.

Diggle, assume slow of brain. Not sure how your review of my post is that it's negative.