MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

16 hours ago, JoeP said:

While their two forwards were "physical", they offered nothing else.  No pace, control or finishing.  Proof if it was needed that two big lumps up front just doesn't work.

Only because we have 3 big lumps at the back who didint take no shit. They will cause problems for plenty of other teams in this league .But we look very solid at the back now , which is a great platform to build a good side on.

• Like 1

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

This - a mistake to set the price this high imho 😮

I think it's done on purpose to discourage people from paying on the day

Guest O.A.F.C.
44 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Agreed- the time to do that is promotion to league two. 

Do what?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Couldn't wait to give the penalty though, granted it was a strong challenge but it was shoulder to shoulder. 

Thought Raglan was unlucky, he'd gotten in front of the Braintree player, he just went down way too easy. 

18 hours ago, Londonboy said:

5,552 attendance the only disappointment for me.

Well down on the first home game last season 😞

Statto Alert

12.08.23 Latics 5 - 1 Aldershot. Att: 7,593 (251 away)

10.08.24 Latics 3 - 0 Braintree. Att: 5,552 (97 away)

📊

10 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Statto Alert

📊

We did have a young progressive manager in charge then :peepwall:

Anyway where is Rob today @deyres42 he must be spewing.

10 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Statto Alert

📊

Novelty wearing off being in this division.

Price increases of tickets, food and drink during a cost of living crisis.

Awful home performances previously.

Solid signings rather than any spectacular ones.

Based on these factors I still think it's a decent crowd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Well no cos many of the lost STs will have reverted to single match tickets, especially for the first game of the season.

massive drop in attendance from what we would have expected last season. 

i was surprised. Didn’t feel any more empty than usual 

Well no because many of them won’t and if you’re going to be selective in choosing games yesterday’s wasn’t exactly a crowd puller was it?

I would also suggest that a lot of the casual supporters and the neutrals would probably have stayed at home or in the pub to watch the community shield!

I’ve seen some pictures of Frank around the concourse at half time was he taking a look at the queues ?

the catering has definitely gone backwards from last year, we had 4 bars different food types. This new company are a national company called Elior, the pricing is a joke its just pure profiteering. I’ve seen some excuses about insurance which is a load of bollocks, staffing and the quality of the kiosks.

they’ve done all these surveys with fans over the last two seasons. Just get it right.  

Edited by BradKnowles1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Well no because many of them won’t and if you’re going to be selective in choosing games yesterday’s wasn’t exactly a crowd puller was it?

I would also suggest that a lot of the casual supporters and the neutrals would probably have stayed at home or in the pub to watch the community shield!

Many won’t and many will are not mutually exclusive chap!

first game of the season is always a (relative) crowd puller. Look at our attendance v aldershot relative to the rest of last season.

1k less season ticket sales does not automatically translate to 1k less on the gate. 

Edited by AndyB2

11 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I’ve seen some pictures of Frank around the concourse at half time was he taking a look at the queues ?

the catering has definitely gone backwards from last year, we had 4 bars different food types. This new company are a national company called Elior, the pricing is a joke its just pure profiteering. I’ve seen some excuses about insurance which is a load of bollocks, staffing and the quality of the kiosks.

they’ve done all these surveys with fans over the last two seasons. Just get it right.  

Small selection of pies, burgers, chips, maybe a bit of pizza.

3-4 draught beers, tea, coffee, Bovril.

It would be nice to get a proper explanation from D. Royle as to why they are still struggling to get what appears to be something pretty basic right.

• Like 2

I agree with Brad and deyres42 that it has got worse and when I am in a bad mood I actually think they don't care what they serve up to us.

Obviously after yesterday I am more inclined to think they are just struggling to sort it for some reason that escapes me.

So to second eyres42 I would love to know DR's views on this. I actually thought he was getting asked after the £5.20 fosters cans fiasco but I haven't seen it anywhere.

47 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Many won’t and many will are not mutually exclusive chap!

first game of the season is always a (relative) crowd puller. Look at our attendance v aldershot relative to the rest of last season.

1k less season ticket sales does not automatically translate to 1k less on the gate. 

Well it bloody well has hasn’t it!!

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Agreed.The pies are awful. Apart from a good match and result the match day experience was missing. Shit pie with flaky pastry couldn't get a beer cause que was too long. Also on the pie wrapper. Ingredients were shite I discovered after finally finding the contents list for UK.Noted the ingredients were written in French, German,Polish Dutch and the UK was difficult yo find. Also the wrapper gave the date the pie was frozen as well as the use by date.!!

As I said shite . Won't be having another.

Why can't we have locally fresh made pies? Oh and unbelievably no meat and potatoe pies!!

Last year the pies were delicious but the football shite. Yesterday complete reversal.

I'm going 'retro-style' and just being happy for the win, regardless of subjective style and performance opinions. It's the kind of result which makes me wish there was a game on Tuesday night so it could be followed up with hopefully another victory. :D 

Twenty five quid for POTD does seem a little too steep for tier-five football but, if crowds increase on the back of good results, it will be a win-win for the club.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Small selection of pies, burgers, chips, maybe a bit of pizza.

3-4 draught beers, tea, coffee, Bovril.

It would be nice to get a proper explanation from D. Royle as to why they are still struggling to get what appears to be something pretty basic right.

If only the Podcast guys had access to Darren Royle to ask about this … oh they did but they didn’t …😉

The usual kiosk we use in the main stand was closed. Steward said they are having staff issues.

Even when it’s open the selection is terrible and over priced. A few years ago it was decent, cask ale for a while, then after that failed, cans of vocation. I mean how hard is it really? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, welshgaz said:

The usual kiosk we use in the main stand was closed. Steward said they are having staff issues.

Even when it’s open the selection is terrible and over priced. A few years ago it was decent, cask ale for a while, then after that failed, cans of vocation. I mean how hard is it really? 

It’s not difficult and needs sorting 

3 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

The staffing issue seems to be an issue right across the board. Many establishments are having the same problems with staffing levels. It's a complete mystery to me, although I'm sure some smart-arse will come along and put me right. :D 

Fucking hell. It’s a sunny summer’s day, we won 3-0 in the first game of the season, the squad actually looks balanced, we’re run by a Rothwell rather than a Moore, Corney or Lemsagam and we’re still getting a pissboil about the quality of the catering? Some of you don’t deserve a football club.

Edited by Crusoe
Misspelled Lemsagam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Fucking hell. It’s a sunny summer’s day, we won 3-0 in the first game of the season, the squad actually looks balanced, we’re run by a Rothwell rather than a Moore, Corney or Lemsagan and we’re still getting a pissboil about the quality of the catering? Some of you don’t deserve a football club.

Is it asking too much to have good football?AND a decent pie and a pint.?