MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If only the Podcast guys had access to Darren Royle to ask about this … oh they did but they didn’t …😉

They have actually the club are aware of the problem and dealing with it. I’m sure it’ll be sorted soon.

17 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Fucking hell. It’s a sunny summer’s day, we won 3-0 in the first game of the season, the squad actually looks balanced, we’re run by a Rothwell rather than a Moore, Corney or Lemsagan and we’re still getting a pissboil about the quality of the catering? Some of you don’t deserve a football club.

100%

They'll be a couple of notable absentees along any minute to join in now the piss boil has started.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

How many people change their mind about going between midnight Friday and 3pm Saturday? Not many I guess

I've often thought this. In all my time going to football, it's never been a last minute decision. I'm either going or I'm not, and it's been decided at least a week before...

12 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Fucking hell. It’s a sunny summer’s day, we won 3-0 in the first game of the season, the squad actually looks balanced, we’re run by a Rothwell rather than a Moore, Corney or Lemsagan and we’re still getting a pissboil about the quality of the catering? Some of you don’t deserve a football club.

Why don't we deserve a football club?

The catering does not detract from the great result and performance but affects the overall day.

I completely support Latics and have done through ALL the bad times and so would love to enjoy a pie and a pint at half-time like I have for the last 30 plus years.

I have a low expectation regards catering but If it has gone so poor and price so high to make it unacceptable then of course we have got to mention it.

• Like 2

Guest O.A.F.C.
2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Well no because many of them won’t and if you’re going to be selective in choosing games yesterday’s wasn’t exactly a crowd puller was it?

I would also suggest that a lot of the casual supporters and the neutrals would probably have stayed at home or in the pub to watch the community shield!

Which Latics fans are those? What nonsense.  Why would anyone who doesn't support Latics decide to randomly go to watch them against Braintree? 

The biggest issue Latics and all clubs have is the fact that it's easier to just watch it at home on the firestick.  

It's either £20-£25 a match to attend, or £50 to watch all 46. 

When you have consider the extra cost when you have kids and the convenance of watching it from your front room, it definitely has an impact on the attendance.

Edited by O.A.F.C.

1 minute ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Which Latics fans are those? What nonsense.  Why would anyone who doesn't support Latics decide to randomly go to watch them against Braintree? 

The biggest issue Latics and all clubs have is the factor that it's easier to just watch it at home on the firestick.  

When you have consider the extra cost when you have kids and the convenance of watching it from your front room, it definitely has an impact on the attendance.

And at home you could choose your own pie!

Guest O.A.F.C.
7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've often thought this. In all my time going to football, it's never been a last minute decision. I'm either going or I'm not, and it's been decided at least a week before...

Exactly.  It's either part of your weekend routine or not.

14 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

The biggest issue Latics and all clubs have is the fact that it's easier to just watch it at home on the firestick.  

And you control the catering.

40 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Fucking hell. It’s a sunny summer’s day, we won 3-0 in the first game of the season, the squad actually looks balanced, we’re run by a Rothwell rather than a Moore, Corney or Lemsagam and we’re still getting a pissboil about the quality of the catering? Some of you don’t deserve a football club.

You have a strange interpretation of pissboil. 

pissboil this is not. Merely some valid observations. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

You have a strange interpretation of pissboil. 

pissboil this is not. Merely some valid observations. 

Yes I don't think we are getting angry about it but just feel it's a shame that the catering can't add to the day.

52 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

I agree in the main but I am sure there are plenty of reasons why people can't commit until last minute to go.

The only example I can give you is when I played amateur football on a Saturday and it got called off on the day or late, so I would drop my bag off and leg it to BP.

I used to get about 6 or 7 games in but I think that was before they increased the price for POTD.

• Like 1

Guest O.A.F.C.
15 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I agree in the main but I am sure there are plenty of reasons why people can't commit until last minute to go.

The only example I can give you is when I played amateur football on a Saturday and it got called off on the day or late, so I would drop my bag off and leg it to BP.

I used to get about 6 or 7 games in but I think that was before they increased the price for POTD.

Fair enough. I'm probably being a bit narrow minded

1 hour ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Might do for you, which is great. But it’s certainly not the case for me, and the decision is usually made Friday night. 

I POTD, because I work on Tuesday evenings and having a family means on some Saturdays they take priority when deciding what to do with our weekend. 

I go with one my daughters, if she doesn’t fancy it. I don’t go, because it’s shit watching it on your own. 

If we’ve had a poor run of performances I don’t go because spending £50 all in isn’t appealing when the players Chuck in half arsed performance’s. 

If the weather is particularly shit, my daughter doesn’t want to freeze so again we won’t go. 

I got to about 10 home games last season, and 4 away. The majority of the rest I watched on NLTV. 

3 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Agreed.The pies are awful. Apart from a good match and result the match day experience was missing. Shit pie with flaky pastry couldn't get a beer cause que was too long. Also on the pie wrapper. Ingredients were shite I discovered after finally finding the contents list for UK.Noted the ingredients were written in French, German,Polish Dutch and the UK was difficult yo find. Also the wrapper gave the date the pie was frozen as well as the use by date.!!

As I said shite . Won't be having another.

Why can't we have locally fresh made pies? Oh and unbelievably no meat and potatoe pies!!

Last year the pies were delicious but the football shite. Yesterday complete reversal.

Apart from that, Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?

Words fail me, honestly. 

Having started to watch Latics again in January, after an enforced break, I thought we were poor and didn't enjoy watching. Yesterday was really enjoyable and I think MM deserves a lot of credit. One game maybe but the team was full of energy, endeavour and played some lovely football at times. Despite a poor attendance for the 1st game of the season the atmosphere was great. I paid on the day and tried to take 2 others with me but they weren't prepared to pay £25 to watch non league football. That needs sorting but a brilliant start. Well done!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

I don’t get why there is a difference between POTD and pay in advance. Can anyone enlighten me?

Incentivises people to pay in advance and then guarantees the club that income even if they decide not to bother on the day (because of the weather, other plans, illness etc.).