MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

6 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Incentivises people to pay in advance and then guarantees the club that income even if they decide not to bother on the day (because of the weather, other plans, illness etc.). 

Not sure about that. 

Just as likely to work the other way.

Get up and fancy the game but unwilling to pay £25 (but would have paid £20). 

they need to rethink it in my view. There is a big psychological difference between £20

and £25

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

They have actually the club are aware of the problem and dealing with it. I’m sure it’ll be sorted soon.

Why don't the club answer the complaints then? 

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They probably will when they find a solution?🤷‍♂️

They have a new marketing manager, let's hear his thoughts on the high priced catering and match day prices. 

Or is he only interested in corporate sponsorship and fans are second best? 

Sean Jarvis was the best PR man we had, apart from Frank the board seem very remote. 

Edited by BP1960

Guest O.A.F.C.
2 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

I don’t get why there is a difference between POTD and pay in advance. Can anyone enlighten me?

Traffic for the website maybe??

8 hours ago, Wardie said:

I'm going 'retro-style' and just being happy for the win, regardless of subjective style and performance opinions. It's the kind of result which makes me wish there was a game on Tuesday night so it could be followed up with hopefully another victory. :D 

Twenty five quid for POTD does seem a little too steep for tier-five football but, if crowds increase on the back of good results, it will be a win-win for the club.

This is just one specific example but for what it’s worth, My sister was talking to me yesterday (Sunday) about bringing my 7 year old niece to her first game. She’s not into football really but wants to give it a go with her, or wanted too. 

I told her it was £25 POTD, her response “twenty five quid for fucking Latics, are they having a laugh”. 

Granted I can easily sort out getting tickets prior for her for a fiver cheaper, but still that’s not the response you want from a potential customer right off the bat. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

This is just one specific example but for what it’s worth, My sister was talking to me yesterday (Sunday) about bringing my 7 year old niece to her first game. She’s not into football really but wants to give it a go with her, or wanted too. 

I told her it was £25 POTD, her response “twenty five quid for fucking Latics, are they having a laugh”. 

Granted I can easily sort out getting tickets prior for her for a fiver cheaper, but still that’s not the response you want from a potential customer right off the bat. 

This is the reaction I get when I say the price to anyone. People can’t believe it’s that much for national league football. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

She's planning ahead to bring her daughter, but you give her the POTD price. Are you trying to put her off to save your niece from a potential lifetime of pain and suffering?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Rochdale are way ahead of us here.

They stagger pricing for different stands which we don't. On matchday its £20 to stand behind the goal and £22/£24 to sit in the others. Why is the Rocky not cheaper than the JR/JF?

They also have this Your Card scheme that it seems you pay £25/ year for and get a fiver off games you can attend. I guess it's like a membership scheme? It also states it adds benefits of free programs and discounts on food items on matchday. Seems a great alternative for fans who can't justify a season ticket but want to get to plenty of games.

They also offer family tickets as standard which we dont seem to.

Pretty basic marketing schemes which benefit fans financially and encourage more people to come on a regular basis.

Apologies if any of this is not correct as I'm only going from what I see on their/ our website😊

I reckon they should open the chaddy up for under 18s who want to go without an adult for a fiver a pop. Wouldnt make any commercial sense and the stewarding would be a nightmare but it sounds good when written on a forum 😎

20 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

They stagger pricing for different stands which we don't. On matchday its £20 to stand behind the goal and £22/£24 to sit in the others. Why is the Rocky not cheaper than the JR/JF?

They also have this Your Card scheme that it seems you pay £25/ year for and get a fiver off games you can attend. I guess it's like a membership scheme? It also states it adds benefits of free programs and discounts on food items on matchday. Seems a great alternative for fans who can't justify a season ticket but want to get to plenty of games.

Pretty basic marketing schemes which benefit fans financially and encourage more people to come on a regular basis.

Apologies if any of this is not correct as I'm only going from what I see on their/ our website😊

So Dale charge more than us for most sections of the ground and the same for the other (the shallow standing terrace), but are 'way ahead'?

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 minute ago, jsslatic said:

So Dale charge more than us for most sections of the ground and the same for the other (the shallow standing terrace), but are 'way ahead'?

He is comparing potd prices 

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

This is the reaction I get when I say the price to anyone. People can’t believe it’s that much for national league football. 

Just tell them it's £20 if they order before midnight on Friday, it sounds better 

2 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

He is comparing potd prices 

I understand that, I don't think however they are on any analysis way ahead of our pricing by charging 20% more to sit on the side than we do in advance, and 4% less on the day.

28 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I'd do something like a five match 'season ticket' for, say, £100.  Choose your match in advance by swapping one of your vouchers for a match ticket at least, say, 48 hours before kick-off.

Elior would not have been my choice for ground catering ... they have run our catering for years and if it wasnt for the people that work for them in the office it would be terrible. Pricing is something that can be overcome given time and contants of the agreement between club and Elior. To be fair though for the prove of a pie on Saturday I could get curry and rice and a sweet treat at work. 

The Dale chamts of no end product for Jes seem to be harsh, he took 20+ balls down from angled passes like it was second nature. Took his goal superbly well adn deserved his ovation when he was subbed. The referee gave nothing to us (Fondop in particular) unless he 'had' too, Braintree were one dimensional and we had it covered then the penalty that never was well saved by Hudson. Hammond shone for me getting the chances he got and creating spce for charsley. Improve his composure and he will mature into some player. Dan Gardeners ball to Jes for the goal .......wow. Caproce can cross a ball too ....... I kinda wish Fondop was still on when those crosses came in. On to Wealdstone, a game we should win with the same guile and craft shown on Saturday. Thats the test, when was the last time we gopt 6 points from the openeong two games ?

Edited by andy_b_100

Guest O.A.F.C.
52 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd do something like a five match 'season ticket' for, say, £100.  Choose your match in advance by swapping one of your vouchers for a match ticket at least, say, 48 hours before kick-off.

Or maybe do a repeat of the Simon Corney (5 games for £15) Golden Ticket Offer.  That was a good offer

4 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Or maybe do a repeat of the Simon Corney (5 games for £15) Golden Ticket Offer.  That was a good offer

That was for a block of games?  Mine would be a carnet to be used whenever during the course of the season.  Realistically I won't make more than that, would be happy to stump up upfront on that sort of arrangement

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

What will the incentive be to purchase one of them?

Edited by O.A.F.C.

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

That was for a block of games?  Mine would be a carnet to be used whenever during the course of the season.  Realistically I won't make more than that, would be happy to stump up upfront on that sort of arrangement

Yeah for 5 unattractive home games we had coming up 

On the basis 

3 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

This isn’t about short term, one time offers, this is about the pricing across the season. Two entirely different things.

the club risk losing huge amounts of money through running any type of short term offer.

1,500 paying £20 a game over five games = 150k

5000 paying £3 per game over five games = £75k 

plus additional costs associated with managing a crowd of 9k rather than 6.5k 

yes, yes we might get a few additional people hooked but these things rarely have any sort of lasting impact and do cost a lot to run