MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It would be slightly cheaper than buying individual matchday tickets, and definitely cheaper than POTD

It will be the same price as paying for individual matches (if purchased before midnight the day before).

I'd want a saving that made it cheaper to watch a game than what it costs with a early bird season ticket.  5 games for £65 sounds about right 👍 

Edited by O.A.F.C.

Wealdstone season ticket holder can bring an extra adult for £5 on Saturday. 

I hope our board starts looking at initiatives to boost the crowd instead of charging £25.

31 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

It will be the same price as paying for individual matches (if purchased before midday the day before).

I'd want a saving that made it cheaper to watch a game than what it costs with a early bird season ticket.  5 games for £65 sounds about right 👍 

Way too cheap. Barely an incentive to buy a full season ticket 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, O.A.F.C. said:

It will be the same price as paying for individual matches (if purchased before midday the day before).

It’s midnight now. I bought mine about 10pm. Got stung a few

times, when it was midday and paid full whack

50 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wealdstone season ticket holder can bring an extra adult for £5 on Saturday. 

I hope our board starts looking at initiatives to boost the crowd instead of charging £25.

As long as the adult you bring wouldn’t normally attend, the problem with this is….the club are losing money if you end up bringing an adult supporter who would have gone anyway paying full whack!!

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

As long as the adult you bring wouldn’t normally attend, the problem with this is….the club are losing money if you end up bringing an adult supporter who would have gone anyway paying full whack!!

My friends wouldn't pay £25, they might go if I pay their fiver. I certainly won't be buying them a pie and a drink though. 

Edited by BP1960

13 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Not sure about that. 

Just as likely to work the other way.

Get up and fancy the game but unwilling to pay £25 (but would have paid £20). 

they need to rethink it in my view. There is a big psychological difference between £20

and £25

The bottom line here is that which ever way you look at it £25 for NL football is far too much!!

It’s only £25 to watch Huddersfield in Div 1 & £30 to watch Blackburn in the Championship.

The family stand should be far more populated than it is currently….what happened to the family tickets they used to have on offer? Our supporters kids are our adult supporters of tomorrow and should be targeted by the club as an absolute priority!!

13 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Not sure about that. 

they need to rethink it in my view. There is a big psychological difference between £20

and £25

The bottom line here is that which ever way you look at it £25 for NL football is far too much!!

It’s only £25 to watch Huddersfield in Div 1 & £30 to watch Blackburn in the Championship.

The family stand should be far more populated than it is currently….what happened to the family tickets they used to have on offer? Our supporters kids are our adult supporters of tomorrow and should be targeted by the club as an absolute priority!!

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I would have took my family of 4 if there had been a deal. But couldn’t justify £54, even buying before 12 midnight. 4

£40 would have been fairer. 

17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

agree £25 is too much. My point is that the club are happy to sell tickets at £20, which is palatable. I don’t get the £5 hike on a matchday. 

2 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

agree £25 is too much. My point is that the club are happy to sell tickets at £20, which is palatable. I don’t get the £5 hike on a matchday. 

Won’t somebody think about the family of 4!!!!

11 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I would have took my family of 4 if there had been a deal. But couldn’t justify £54, even buying before 12 midnight. 4

£40 would have been fairer. 

There is a sweet spot somewhere which realises a good level of income for the club, whilst ensuring good attendance (conducive to a good atmosphere) and maximises attendance by kids (who are the future).

Not sure what that sweet spot is but 2 adults and 2 under 13s is £52 in advance. That feels ok.

On the day prices (£10-£15 more) are not ok and I simply don’t get why they hike them 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Not sure about that. 

and £25

Even more motivation to buy in advance...

27 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Family ticket for Knowsley safari park is £84 quid (more than £30 more than Latics).

sandcastle at Blackpool is £90

They’re full days not 2 hours. The above prices are ridiculous, no wonder families struggle in the summer holidays.

It costs 20 quid if you can be remotely arsed.

Rochdale charge the same or more. Wealdstone are charging 18 quid for what appears to be standing in a bus stop.

I'm sure someone else will kindly let us know how it compares with the rest of the division. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

They’re full days not 2 hours. The above prices are ridiculous, no wonder families struggle in the summer holidays.

Sandcastle is for a 2 hr wrist band.

and yes, those prices are ridiculous.

but like the owners of OAFC they take a view on where the sweet spot is in terms of a price point which maximises income. 

5 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

It costs 20 quid if you can be remotely arsed.

Rochdale charge the same or more. Wealdstone are charging 18 quid for what appears to be standing in a bus stop.

I'm sure someone else will kindly let us know how it compares with the rest of the division. 

But why close off the prospects of a few people making a last minute decision to attend by hiking up the price unnecessarily, unless the theory is that everyone will then pay on the day and more people will choose last minute not to go than would choose last minute to go

Just now, AndyB2 said:

But why close off the prospects of a few people making a last minute decision to attend by hiking up the price unnecessarily, unless the theory is that everyone will then pay on the day and more people will choose last minute not to go than would choose last minute to go

Strikes me as a conscious effort to discourage paying cash on the day with all the handling costs and risk that come with that

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

She's planning ahead to bring her daughter, but you give her the POTD price. Are you trying to put her off to save your niece from a potential lifetime of pain and suffering?

You got me 😂

Edited by aaronoafc
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

unless the theory is that everyone will then pay on the day and more people will choose last minute not to go than would choose last minute to go

Exactly. 

I’m pretty sure the difference between advanced and POTD was 2 quid for a long while. But £2 isn’t a big enough prod to buy in advance, so they’ve put it up to a fiver in the hope that it’s a significant enough difference to push people towards advanced. 

It’s quite clever from the club because even though a fiver is a big jump and does feel steep, I still don’t many will go to the effort of saving a fiver before Saturday comes. 

I think the early bird period gives the club an indication of the likely attendance and helps maybe with stewarding requirements and kiosk procurements.

I do not however believe that the £5 supplement for POTD can be justified. 

Perhaps the matches should be price categorised dependant on the opposition?

Admittedly, there isn’t many fixtures that would fall into category A 😂 but it certainly wouldn’t include Braintree!

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

This is the reaction I get when I say the price to anyone. People can’t believe it’s that much for national league football. 

Exactly the same reaction I get. Mention it in the pub in conversation in the week before the upcoming season, people generally ask how much it is and can't believe the £20/£25 prices. Nor do they understand the £5 POTD difference.

I did check a couple of local clubs prices out of interest and it seems Alty/Halifax are around the £20-25 ball mark as well, so can't exactly blame the club, just the price of football in general.