MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Strikes me as a conscious effort to discourage paying cash on the day with all the handling costs and risk that come with that

I wonder how they handled the cash and refreshments at the 42,000 crowd I was in against Liverpool in 1962? 

I think a crash barrier did break open though during the game though and one thing better today is fans aren't packed in like sardines. 

(I take that back, they were around the main stand food and drink kiosk on Saturday). 

Edited by BP1960

I don’t suppose it helps not having money from the  premier league any more and even more so now the parachute payments have ceased. 
We are probably having to maximise our income from the home matches to a much greater extent?

The closing of the academy is another loss of income to consider too!

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I don’t suppose it helps not having money from the  premier league any more and even more so now the parachute payments have ceased. 
We are probably having to maximise our income from the home matches to a much greater extent?

8,000 spare seats on Saturday, surely we need to find a way to boost attendances, £25 is an absolute turn off. 

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

There has never been a time when we didn’t need to use every option at our disposal to increase matchday income. It was no more important 12 months ago than it is today.

22 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder how they handled the cash and refreshments at the 42,000 crowd I was in against Liverpool in 1962? 

I think a crash barrier did break open though during the game though and one thing better today is fans aren't packed in like sardines. 

(I take that back, they were around the main stand food and drink kiosk on Saturday). 

Differently, because the world was different.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

8,000 spare seats on Saturday, surely we need to find a way to boost attendances, £25 is an absolute turn off. 

There were 8000 spare seats before we dropped into the NL.

Think we’re forgetting that we were struggling to match the  5/6000 we are getting for the National League 3 or 4 years ago in the EFL!!

11 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

There has never been a time when we didn’t need to use every option at our disposal to increase matchday income. It was no more important 12 months ago than it is today.

Of course It is more important now because of the factors I’ve outlined.

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If the club is now making moves to increase matchday income which it wasn’t doing 12 months ago (despite being capable of pulling those levers) then that is negligent. The club is massively in the red. It is now. It was then. 

3 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

If the club is now making moves to increase matchday income which it wasn’t doing 12 months ago (despite being capable of pulling those levers) then that is negligent. The club is massively in the red. It is now. It was then. 

If.

I have no idea what research underpins the club's decision to implement the 20/25 system, but it's reasonable to assume they've done it with due consideration. They may be right, or wrong, but I suspect aside from "it puts me off" (or "it puts my mate off" in BP's case) we're not even speculating - that would be too strong a word.

What we're doing is just winding ourselves up about it. It's a bit mad really. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

We were amongst the cheapest in the league over the last couple of seasons.

We are having to put prices up now because of a substantial cut in income…have you read my post?

Edited by oafc1955

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We were amongst the cheapest in the league over the last couple of seasons.

We are having to put prices up now because of a substantial cut in income…have you read my post?

Oh right. I didn’t realise we were running at a profit last year. My mistake 

16 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Oh right. I didn’t realise we were running at a profit last year. My mistake 

No club makes a profit.

We’re talking specifically about match day income here.

The club held the prices as long as they could….would you rather they had put them up 3 years ago?

37 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

So why is the club prepared to lose money by selling shity pies. Allowing huge queus to form at the food and drink kiosks  resulting in people leaving the queue because the match was starting?

Oh and finally is Barry Owen back on the board? Cos one again the statement put out by the club is using due diligence as an excuse.

7 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

So why is the club prepared to lose money by selling shity pies. Allowing huge queus to form at the food and drink kiosks  resulting in people leaving the queue because the match was starting?

Oh and finally is Barry Owen back on the board? Cos one again the statement put out by the club is using due diligence as an excuse.

As I said before the club are aware of  the problems and are in the process of rectifying it, which has been confirmed today.

Unfortunately it doesn’t happen overnight.

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No club makes a profit.

We’re talking specifically about match day income here.

The club held the prices as long as they could….would you rather they had put them up 3 years ago?

No cos we had an awful owner who wouldn’t have put it into the club. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

As I said before the club are aware of  the problems and are in the process of rectifying it, which has been confirmed today.

Unfortunately it doesn’t happen overnight.

I think it can get sorted out pretty quickly and I think it needs to, you can understand it in pre season but we really need to have had it sorted by now.

Compared to some of the issues we have had in the previous years at the club this is comparatively small fortunately. But it's a small thing that cam make a big difference if you do it properly in the long run.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

An update on matchday food and drinks at Boundary Park ⬇️

www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2024/august/12/matchday-food---beverage

I've been a season ticket holder for over 40 years. Club says they sought opinions on catering from fans in June.Nobody sought my opinion. Did was anybody else on here contacted?Suspect this is fake news.

Anyway could somebody do a poll or start a thread about catering cause this thread is about Braintree. 

Thought Charsley was outstanding on Saturday as we're several others.

4 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

I've been a season ticket holder for over 40 years. Club says they sought opinions on catering from fans in June.Nobody sought my opinion. Did was anybody else on here contacted?Suspect this is fake news.

Anyway could somebody do a poll or start a thread about catering cause this thread is about Braintree. 

Thought Charsley was outstanding on Saturday as we're several others.

As a ST holder I filled in an online survey from Latics about the matchday experience. They maybe did just a sample survey rather than full ST list.

Anyway I wouldn't be much use as, where possible, I  avoid overpriced shit at football grounds.

And yes, Charsley was very good.