MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Just on the catering. 

If the new company do fit food- I’m happy to pay a little more than average. It’s no different to a restaurant- you’re happy to pay for lovely food.  The issue at the minute is bang average food for the price’s. 

It’s not even bang average!😂

16 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

I've been a season ticket holder for over 40 years. Club says they sought opinions on catering from fans in June.Nobody sought my opinion. Did was anybody else on here contacted?Suspect this is fake news.

Anyway could somebody do a poll or start a thread about catering cause this thread is about Braintree. 

Thought Charsley was outstanding on Saturday as we're several others.

I was contacted. I assume that survey went to anyone who's email address was in the system 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We were amongst the cheapest in the league over the last couple of seasons.

We are having to put prices up now because of a substantial cut in income…have you read my post?

It shouldn't be on the fans to pick up the tab for that.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The owners.

So you expect the owners to continue to pile the money in regardless?

Generally, the best supported clubs tend to be the more successful.

9 hours ago, jsslatic said:

I understand that, I don't think however they are on any analysis way ahead of our pricing by charging 20% more to sit on the side than we do in advance, and 4% less on the day.

Sorry but I don't think you do.

We change £25 potd across all areas of the ground I think.

Rochdale charge between £20 and £24 potd, plus a £5 discount per game if you join their scheme.

So in effect you pay between £15 and £19 potd which is much more palatable.

Plus you get a free program and food discounts which is nice touch. 

They probably hope some day these punters will upgrade to a full season ticket. 

So it's more than 4% cheaper by a rather long way....

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

So you expect the owners to continue to pile the money in regardless?

Generally, the best supported clubs tend to be the more successful.

Yeah, there's not much future if they don't.

Fans didn't cause revenue to drop, poor decision making did. They've still got plenty of goodwill in the bank and rightly so but they shouldn't assume it will last forever.

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

The bottom line here is that which ever way you look at it £25 for NL football is far too much!!

It’s only £25 to watch Huddersfield in Div 1 & £30 to watch Blackburn in the Championship.

The family stand should be far more populated than it is currently….what happened to the family tickets they used to have on offer? Our supporters kids are our adult supporters of tomorrow and should be targeted by the club as an absolute priority!!

Think we all agree that we need to try something different to attract back the floating fans. 

Win our first 4 games and let's see if we're back up to 6.5k home fans. If so happy days.

If not then we need to be better at marketing the club.

Stand still and do nothing and the issue gets worse and more expensive to fix....

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yeah, there's not much future if they don't.

Fans didn't cause revenue to drop, poor decision making did. They've still got plenty of goodwill in the bank and rightly so but they shouldn't assume it will last forever.

And the owner should fund the club why exactly ?

18 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Think we all agree that we need to try something different to attract back the floating fans. 

Win our first 4 games and let's see if we're back up to 6.5k home fans. If so happy days.

If not then we need to be better at marketing the club.

Stand still and do nothing and the issue gets worse and more expensive to fix....

If we are successful then I’m pretty sure everything will look after itself!

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I was contacted. I assume that survey went to anyone who's email address was in the system 

Did the survey ask would you pay £5:25 for can of lager or £4:50 for a pie or treated like sardines around  crowed  card only kiosks? If not it's a PR exercise like the council are doing now with the town centre redevelopment which many don't agree with, but will likely go ahead anyway. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Funding the club is a choice. There is nothing he ‘should’ do. You know that 

They don't have to do anything. Hard to believe they'll make a success of it without continued substantial investment though. Assuming they want to make a success of it of course...

Just now, deyres42 said:

They don't have to do anything. Hard to believe they'll make a success of it without continued substantial investment though. Assuming they want to make a success of it of course...

That’s correct. But as frank says, all supporters have to play their part if success is to be achieved. And like it or not that means you putting your hand in your pocket. 

if that doesn’t happen, it equally will mean we don’t succeed. 

frank already does proportionately more than any other supporter. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Ah ok, how do they run then wise one?

Lots of different ways. But generally they don’t tend to work if the whole strategy is just to have the owners blindly pump money in until they run out.

Just now, AndyB2 said:

That’s correct. But as frank says, all supporters have to play their part if success is to be achieved. And like it or not that means you putting your hand in your pocket. 

if that doesn’t happen, it equally will mean we don’t succeed. 

frank already does proportionately more than any other supporter. 

They can have no complaints about the support they have received. Ultimately it is up to them to make enough right decisions to make it an attractive enough proposition for fans to buy into.

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Lots of different ways. But generally they don’t tend to work if the whole strategy is just to have the owners blindly pump money in until they run out.

Could ring a few Arabs up or some American movie stars?

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Sorry but I don't think you do.

We change £25 potd across all areas of the ground I think.

Rochdale charge between £20 and £24 potd, plus a £5 discount per game if you join their scheme.

So in effect you pay between £15 and £19 potd which is much more palatable.

Plus you get a free program and food discounts which is nice touch. 

They probably hope some day these punters will upgrade to a full season ticket. 

So it's more than 4% cheaper by a rather long way....

Does it cost to join the scheme at Rochdale or do you just give them your details. 

31 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Did we win our first opening league game in 11 years on Saturday, or was it just a dream.

I don't care where we finish in the NL this season, I want a bloody decent pie.

Attention will always turn to the minutiae when the football is good. In a perverse way- it’s a good thing. 😁

• Like 1