MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

22 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Not a chance. You'd only need 3-4 police to staff this one. Tops.

True but the way football is policed is just stupid. There were about 8 cops at the Warrington friendly last Tuesday. What a waste of money that was. 

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

True but the way football is policed is just stupid. There were about 8 cops at the Warrington friendly last Tuesday. What a waste of money that was. 

That's a problem of our own fan's making.

Edited by Bobledgersheart

28 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Not a chance. You'd only need 3-4 police to staff this one. Tops.

Beat bobbies will cover. Riot-trained officers elsewhere 

40 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Crikey. It looks like the Sportscast lot have put that together.

The Sportscast coming 2002. I've bought a microphone. Just need to figure out how to plug it in to the wireless. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Too early to kickstart this thread? 

After reports flooded in of our supposed herculean effort against Shrewsbury I am now slightly optimistic that we might not fall to defeat on Saturday...

We must get off to a positive start. Southend last season more or less set the tone for the whole season. I hope we flip it the other way this time. 

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We can even afford to have Fondop up front in this one...

I've had enough of this delusional optimism.

0-1 defeat, nailed on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daniel said:

How do we expect to lineup? I found it strange that Kitching didn’t start the last 2, and in fairness Jes has done well, and good to see we have options here but i’d still expect Kitching to be in for Saturday. 

3-4-2-1 like on Saturday, how close the two attacking midfielders are to Fondop will be interesting to see and could hopefully lessen the need for a 2nd striker.  The 4 player central midfield box will hopefully lead to us dominating the centre of the pitch.

58 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

3-4-2-1 like on Saturday, how close the two attacking midfielders are to Fondop will be interesting to see and could hopefully lessen the need for a 2nd striker.  The 4 player central midfield box will hopefully lead to us dominating the centre of the pitch.

Hammond's being getting forward a bit but lacks composure. I think Jes may get starts, especially at home, but he too doesn't look like a natural finisher.

19 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

They all do Public Order (Riot) training.

True. Just meant that on a low-key game we are likely to see community bobbies while the response lads get stuck in.

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Personally I'd go

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Monthe

Ogle

Lundstrum 

Conlon 

Kitching 

Hammond

Chersley

Fondop

Gardner and Uchegbulam may also be considered but I'd  go with the above.

Mellons interviews indicate Lundstram isnt first choice and I suspect Gardner most definitely is

1 minute ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Mellons interviews indicate Lundstram isnt first choice and I suspect Gardner most definitely is

Gardner is our best midfielder, the issue is getting him on the pitch consistently. 

He needs to be very carefully managed and it needs to be different from the last couple of seasons. 

46 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Gardner was hobbling about again on Saturday, not disputing what Mellon said but the chances of Gardner being ever present this month never mind this season are about the same as Magnus Norman walking out as Captain on Saturday, Lundstrum will play a big part this season as will 15 or 16 of them  I'm sure.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Gardner was hobbling about again on Saturday, not disputing what Mellon said but the chances of Gardner being ever present this month never mind this season are about the same as Magnus Norman walking out as Captain on Saturday, Lundstrum will play a big part this season as will 15 or 16 of them  I'm sure.

Yeah, noticed Gardner stretching and slightly limping multiple times, especially 1st half and was surprised to see him 2nd half.

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Should never have been given a new deal, and it will bite us on the arse.  If his wage had gone on a new signing the midfield would look half decent. As it is, it’s absolutely threadbare, with Conlon, Harry, and Lundy as the only reliable starters. Mr Biscuit and a kid as a back up. . .  

Guest O.A.F.C.
10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We can even afford to have Fondop up front in this one...

Fucked it again for us...

• Bender changed the title to MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24