MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Sorry but I don't think you do.

We change £25 potd across all areas of the ground I think.

Rochdale charge between £20 and £24 potd, plus a £5 discount per game if you join their scheme.

So in effect you pay between £15 and £19 potd which is much more palatable.

Plus you get a free program and food discounts which is nice touch. 

They probably hope some day these punters will upgrade to a full season ticket. 

So it's more than 4% cheaper by a rather long way....

Sorry fair enough, I guess it depends how many the casual POTD fan goes to balance out the membership fee. I still can't believe most POTDers actually POTD rather than POTD before...

I have long been an advocate for  a membership scheme of some sort though, if anything to create a subcategory for away day ticket sales (which in the nicest way will hopefully become more of a headache for the club this season).

Just now, jsslatic said:

Sorry fair enough, I guess it depends how many the casual POTD fan goes to balance out the membership fee. I still can't believe most POTDers actually POTD rather than POTD before...

I have long been an advocate for  a membership scheme of some sort though, if anything to create a subcategory for away day ticket sales (which in the nicest way will hopefully become more of a headache for the club this season).

Not having thought this through, perhaps a adult member 10 quid a year, your pay on the day becomes 20 quid on production of said card. 

1 minute ago, Charles or Eddie said:

£25 for NL jeez football has really lost the plot hasn't it.

A pint of lager can cost £8 and upwards in some Trendy bars. It's not only football that is costing more. 

• Like 3

am pretty sure the hike must be because they don’t want cash distributed across the stadium on turnstiles. 

Easy solution. Go cashless and put up with moaning oldhamers whinging about it 

Great start to the season with a good solid performance all round. Played good attacking football and hope this continues. If so we will be in top three most of the seaon and should be a lot more optimustic about promotion chances this season.  

As regards catering, if fans are not happy with quailty dont buy it.

This thread is absolutely jam packed with something I've prattled on about a lot over the years - culture. We have one that needs to change, at a crippling fundamental level. 

I love a good moan about things. I hate prices rising. I want a good pie and a cheap pint. No one likes change, it was always better when we were 19 - if that's 19 in 1990, 2000 or 1970 it really doesn't matter, we just had an easier life as a kid. 

But - what it fundamentally shows is we just can't have nice things right now. That's not one person's problem, it's not even that one person is right or wrong. It's a collective cultural pull towards picking at the scab, moaning about things, seeing the glass half-empty, being mean to each other, assuming the worst in the opposite person, etc. etc. etc.

The club can't fix it - only we can. I say we, I attend 4-5 games a season and post rarely on here. But the royal we, perhaps. I just like to point it out now and again in the off chance it helps.

I'll leave it at one suggestion - next time any of you reply to someone on here, frame your reply in the following way:

1. State explicitly in your reply one thing you agree with them about - no matter what. This can be as simple as "I don't agree with you about [TOPIC], but I appreciate you want the best for Latics too."
  2. State what you disagree with about the TOPIC. Never speak to the person, their perceived intent, or if they are 'right' or 'wrong'. 
  3. End, no matter what, with a positive note. 

I dunno. Just trying to help. Carry on.  

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

With respect, we aren't talking about a pint of lager. It's a can of Fosters...

This reply was about the price of tickets using the pricing of a pint in some places as an example of inflation. Nothing to do with our catering pricing - entirely separate matter 

10 minutes ago, Ackey said:

This thread is absolutely jam packed with something I've prattled on about a lot over the years - culture. We have one that needs to change, at a crippling fundamental level. 

I love a good moan about things. I hate prices rising. I want a good pie and a cheap pint. No one likes change, it was always better when we were 19 - if that's 19 in 1990, 2000 or 1970 it really doesn't matter, we just had an easier life as a kid. 

But - what it fundamentally shows is we just can't have nice things right now. That's not one person's problem, it's not even that one person is right or wrong. It's a collective cultural pull towards picking at the scab, moaning about things, seeing the glass half-empty, being mean to each other, assuming the worst in the opposite person, etc. etc. etc.

The club can't fix it - only we can. I say we, I attend 4-5 games a season and post rarely on here. But the royal we, perhaps. I just like to point it out now and again in the off chance it helps.

I'll leave it at one suggestion - next time any of you reply to someone on here, frame your reply in the following way:

1. State explicitly in your reply one thing you agree with them about - no matter what. This can be as simple as "I don't agree with you about [TOPIC], but I appreciate you want the best for Latics too."
  2. State what you disagree with about the TOPIC. Never speak to the person, their perceived intent, or if they are 'right' or 'wrong'. 

You are right that people love a moan, on here and in society. In society the reasons for that are circumstantial to the individual and their environment. 

However, on here- it’s much more simple. We love a moan because we like debate/difference. I guarantee that if everyone agreed and disagreed politely either banter would start or the board would go quiet. I’m not advocating being rude or personal, but the ‘conflict’ of differing opinion and a moan/counter moan makes the board interesting. 

Have a great day. 😁

18 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Being civil? it won't catch on. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You are right that people love a moan, on here and in society. In society the reasons for that are circumstantial to the individual and their environment. 

However, on here- it’s much more simple. We love a moan because we like debate/difference. I guarantee that if everyone agreed and disagreed politely either banter would start or the board would go quiet. I’m not advocating being rude or personal, but the ‘conflict’ of differing opinion and a moan/counter moan makes the board interesting. 

Have a great day. 😁

OAFC fans will never be happy. Never. 

me included 

The ability to see the bigger picture is not a common skill of football fans.

If there is nothing to moan about, we will find something to fill the void.

The actual severity or magnitude of the issue being raised is irrelevant. Once the debate gains traction it becomes a life and death matter.

Whether it is about the choice of toilet cleaner used by the club or us being about to go bust. It doesn’t matter. Both matters are equally important in the heat of the debate. 

1 minute ago, AndyB2 said:

OAFC fans will never be happy. Never. 

me included 

The ability to see the bigger picture is not a common skill of football fans.

If there is nothing to moan about, we will find something to fill the void.

The actual severity or magnitude of the issue being raised is irrelevant. Once the debate gains traction it becomes a life and death matter.

Whether it is about the choice of toilet cleaner used by the club or us being about to go bust. It doesn’t matter. Both matters are equally important in the heat of the debate. 

Agree, but It's so boring though.

Every thread gets hijacked by moans and groans. 

Once again, a match thread turns into moaning and has more posts about off the field trivial issues than the actual match.

Moandam Athletic.

Just now, Gaz_Oafc said:

Once again, a match thread turns into moaning and has more posts about off the field trivial issues than the actual match.

Moandam Athletic.

. . and here you are moaning about moaning. 😁🙌🏻

14 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Did the survey ask would you pay £5:25 for can of lager or £4:50 for a pie or treated like sardines around  crowed  card only kiosks? If not it's a PR exercise like the council are doing now with the town centre redevelopment which many don't agree with, but will likely go ahead anyway. 

No, but as the club confirmed yesterday something has gone awry and they are trying to solve it.  I think they are entitled to the benefit of the doubt but in any event I won't be paying that much for a can of rubbish lager anytime soon, or indeed ever.  Quite why anyone ever needs a beer at half-time is and will remain an enduring mystery to me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Yeah, there's not much future if they don't.

Fans didn't cause revenue to drop, poor decision making did. They've still got plenty of goodwill in the bank and rightly so but they shouldn't assume it will last forever.

If you’re a proper supporter goodwill is irrelevant. The clue is in the word….supporting the club is essential, especially in the lower divisions and you can’t just expect the owners to plough all their money in!!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

If you’re a proper supporter goodwill is irrelevant. The clue is in the word….supporting the club is essential, especially in the lower divisions and you can’t just expect the owners to plough all their money in!!

So the people who boycotted under the previous regime aren't proper "supporters"...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

👀

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Moandam Athletic.

Let's keep talking about an uneventful game that happened three days ago, that'll be fun...