MATCH: Braintree (H) 10/08/24

Guest O.A.F.C.

I can see us bringing someone in last minute to replace Fondop which is then going to unsettle the team.  0-1.

I've been critical of Fondop, but I would totally be starting with him this weekend. He's had the run in the side, he's had the pre season fitness, we're well drilled in playing with him being the striker.

To have a complete set of strikers I'd be letting Reid go and bringing in someone new. But for this weekend I think this game in particular is right up Fondop's street.

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I've been critical of Fondop, but I would totally be starting with him this weekend. He's had the run in the side, he's had the pre season fitness, we're well drilled in playing with him being the striker.

To have a complete set of strikers I'd be letting Reid go and bringing in someone new. But for this weekend I think this game in particular is right up Fondop's street.

Yes true, it's got red card written all over it.

• Matt featured this topic
13 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

how can it bound to have happened when it hasn't even happened yet? 

min 5500 IMO

Sorry Monty that my choice of words were not up to scratch. :)

Of course it hasn't happened as I was carrying on the theory of the dire forecast of "dreadful" sales was in fact correct and numbers dropped off it would be understandable.

I did think people would know that's what I meant.

Although I again emphasise that anything above 5,000 is good for a third season in NL.

46 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Sorry Monty that my choice of words were not up to scratch. :)

Of course it hasn't happened as I was carrying on the theory of the dire forecast of "dreadful" sales was in fact correct and numbers dropped off it would be understandable.

I did think people would know that's what I meant.

Although I again emphasise that anything above 5,000 is good for a third season in NL.

Opening 2 Saturday home games last season v Aldershot and Solihull who brought not very many were 7.6k and 6.8k.....

If we don't get 6.5k plus I'd be amazed.

If it's 5.5k as some are saying then losing over 2k fans in 12 months for the opening fixture is a BIG worry based on our outgoings and will not encourage Frank to fund any signings....which we need.

Edited by Londonboy

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Opening 2 Saturday home games last season v Aldershot and Solihull who brought not very many were 7.6k and 6.8k.....

If we don't get 6.5k plus I'd be amazed.

If it's 5.5k as some are saying then losing over 2k fans in 12 months for the opening fixture is a BIG worry based on our outgoings and will not encourage Frank to fund any signings....which we need.

The crowds in previous seasons have been exceptional and happily surprised me.

I feel after last seasons poor home form and the hike in prices, which for the season ticket is reasonable,  but still a hike that some may not be able to afford, I feel the enthusiasm has waned a bit. 

I wouldn't go as far as a big worry as I think if we start to play well and win at home we would get back to those figures.

Also I got to say all the media stuff allowing us to get to know the players a bit has really got me fired up for the season, so this may have worked with some wavering supporters.

I hope and probably am wrong but was basing my theory (theory Monty not actually!!) on the poster that said sales were dreadful.

We were pretty shit at home last season, history tells us that when the footballs pretty dire we pull in the hard-core of around 3000 to 4000 home fans, in 2024 it's no different,  similarly if we start to win consistently crowds will grow and grow and everyone will be moaning they can't get a ticket for Tamworth away because everyone's jumping on the band wagon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

We were pretty shit at home last season, history tells us that when the footballs pretty dire we pull in the hard-core of around 3000 to 4000 home fans, in 2024 it's no different,  similarly if we start to win consistently crowds will grow and grow and everyone will be moaning they can't get a ticket for Tamworth away because everyone's jumping on the band wagon.

its first match of the season it will be busy AF

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We've been pretty shit at home for 30 years!!

7 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Heard somewhere with the slight increase in prices we're actually making a little more income even with a drop off of ST's. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Heard somewhere with the slight increase in prices we're actually making a little more income even with a drop off of ST's. 

Which is all well and good, but it's still putting off some punters...

Guest O.A.F.C.
18 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I'd be surprised if we are still in profit after  the lost match day revenue on top of season tickets sales 

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Which is all well and good, but it's still putting off some punters...

the only thing that will increase support now will be results and performances. I expect nothing less than 7-8k+ regularly should we be in the top 2 or 3.

5 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

I'd be surprised if we are still in profit after  the lost match day revenue on top of season tickets sales 

I was referring to ST revenue in comparison to last season was up, despite selling fewer. However, as above, a very positive season on the pitch will more than make up for that shortfall, wouldn’t you think?

Guest O.A.F.C.
27 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

the only thing that will increase support now will be results and performances. I expect nothing less than 7-8k+ regularly should we be in the top 2 or 3.

I was referring to ST revenue in comparison to last season was up, despite selling fewer. However, as above, a very positive season on the pitch will more than make up for that shortfall, wouldn’t you think?

A very positive season? I've no idea what that means being a Latics fan 🙈