Live game TV access

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If you back Fondop to be the leagues top scorer you'd get  40/1. Win that you could have TNT Sports as well. 

Better still do a title and top goalscorer double and you could book a world cruise. 😄

I'm not that daft...  And they wouldn't do the double at those prices (and I don't want to go on a cruise!)

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

To brighten up your day, all matches in the new National League Cup will be streamed live for a fee yet to be determined on the National TV website. 

I suppose it depends how much they are prepared to pay me to watch!

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

That was my view re TNT - I'd already cancelled it.  As I'm not at all arsed about boxing or anything else that DAZN have rights to I suspect I'll be stocking to single match passes.

So, the DAZN deal wasn't quite the 'groundbreaking deal' the National League promised!!

:computer:

So has anyone actually worked out how to watch Saturday's game.  Can't find a mention anywhere of it on the DAZN website (or indeed anything at all about the national League).  Fed up of watching blurry coverage via a laptop plugged into a TV

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So has anyone actually worked out how to watch Saturday's game.  Can't find a mention anywhere of it on the DAZN website (or indeed anything at all about the national League).  Fed up of watching blurry coverage via a laptop plugged into a TV

Jump in your car...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Last night was particularly blurry and the single camera is nausea inducing at times.

I also felt that the audio was slightly ahead of the video stream.

The NLTV web site says that Saturday’s game is available with coverage by DAZN so it should be a far better quality👍

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Last night was particularly blurry and the single camera is nausea inducing at times.

I also felt that the audio was slightly ahead of the video stream.

The NLTV web site says that Saturday’s game is available with coverage by DAZN so it should be a far better quality👍

All of the above

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's on National League TV @ £9.99.

7 hours ago, pcassist said:

It's on National League TV @ £9.99.

Or £24.99 for a full month.  However if you pay say on the 14th September,  it runs till 13th October.  Far cheaper to watch all matches if you don't intend any live. The down side is,  you get the coverage of the match the way it is. 

Edited by Lags
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lags said:

Or £24.99 for a full month.  However if you pay say on the 14th September,  it runs till 13th October.  Far cheaper to watch all matches if you don't intend any live. The down side is,  you get the coverage of the match the way it is. 

I'd wondered how it worked if you purchased mid-month, thanks for clarifying 👍 

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd wondered how it worked if you purchased mid-month, thanks for clarifying 👍 

It worked out great for me last month,  what with working away on some home match days and not travelling to away games.  I got certainly 5 maybe 6 matches in the time. 

On 9/25/2024 at 9:52 AM, Dave_Og said:

Just use a VPN and go on NLTV Dave. 

As others have said tenner a game or 25 quid a month- (only worth it if there’s a few games that month you can’t make) 

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Just use a VPN and go on NLTV Dave. 

As others have said tenner a game or 25 quid a month- (only worth it if there’s a few games that month you can’t make) 

Generally I'm out on a Tuesday evening during the winter so I'll only watch the odd game here and there.  3pm Saturday doesn't often work for me either so I guess I'll just carry on using NLTV when there is a game I can watch.  Better value than TNT as it seems I can pay to watch games that are actually televised (so hopefully a decent picture!) which wasn't the case last season without paying for at least a month

Agree with a few on here - TNT/BT sports coverage was pretty decent last few years....and because they had some PL and Champions League etc I imagine that viewing figures were 'OK'.

DAZN is a really odd one - not much on there football wise, and cannot see NL boosting their subscriptions much - but guess they were willing to pay more than TNT for the privilege?

Ive created a free account to have a lookout DAZN and they make no mention of the National League at all, nor show the game on the schedule for the weekend?  I was going to pay a month sub (£15.99) and cancel immediately to watch the game over NLTV as I guess it will be better coverage (maybe more camera angles, replays, analysis etc) - but as its £9.99 on NLTV and definitely on I might end up doing that.

In the past, when companies have paid for the rights they have included restricting other services at the same time ie NLTV wouldn't show the same game - but apparently not (which undermines their business model even more).

On 9/23/2024 at 10:16 PM, Roger Ritchie said:

I have DAZN - had it for a few years as I watch a lot of boxing paid £100 for the year for the subscription. 

Think they want £150 for next year.

The national league stuff hasn’t come onto the channel yet so I will see what that looks like before deciding if a 50% hike is worth it. 

In conclusion DAZN have the rights to National League matches, but they're not showing them on the DAZN channel until sometime in the future . . . 

. . . and this is  a good deal.

In the meantime we can pay £9.99 for NLTV coverage (49p more than last season) to watch a match from a single cameraman with shaky hands, who doesn't know how to control the focus!!

Don't you just love this league . . .  

6 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

In conclusion DAZN have the rights to National League matches, but they're not showing them on the DAZN channel until sometime in the future . . . 

. . . and this is  a good deal.

In the meantime we can pay £9.99 for NLTV coverage (49p more than last season) to watch a match from a single cameraman with shaky hands, who doesn't know how to control the focus!!

Don't you just love this league . . .  

I know NLTV is shit with single camera, poor focus, steam on the lens

- 😂

But when we go up being able to watch southern away games on the telly is the only thing I’ll miss. 

On 9/25/2024 at 11:07 AM, Simpo said:

The dazn games aren't actually on dazn till October, but they are a more proper TV production style rather than the usual nltv offerings

So our game has been moved to 5:30 for TV but won't actually be shown on TV?  You couldn't make it up....