Hudson or stones?

Imo as a team we would be better of keeping Hudson as I think he will help keep the goal tally down, more than what Stones would achieve by scoring them. For example, if Stones scores 15 goals presuming he signed and 7 of them got us a mix of 3 points and draws = 15 points, but I'd say Hudson has more value and will keep us in matches where there is only 1 goal in matches for example 15 matches over the season where them 15 matches happen to be worth 45 points that in essence could turn out to be only 10+ because we have a weaker keeper but a player people think is the messiah 

• Like 1

I'm not keen on the idea that has been muted of sacrificing Hudson for Stones as that solves one problem and creates another and if we get Stones it will likely only be on loan too. 

Hudson must be one of the best goalkeepers in the league and if the only way of getting Stones is to sacrifice Hudson then I'd turn our attention elsewhere.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 3

Keep Hudson, he's our player and Stones won't be.  Off load Reid ASAP and if a loan becomes available for Stones I'd re visit it without Hudson going the other way.

Edited by Lags

Stones was huge for us in last year’s team because it had little creativity and he was great at making things happen by himself. But we have a formation that suits the squad, plenty of creative options and only needs 1 up front. 

I’d rather keep Hudson as him and the defence are well drilled now and I thought his biggest weakness last season (distribution) was much improved yesterday. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Stones is injury prone so sacrificing Hudson would be very risky.

For me Hudson by a country mile is our most improved player the past 12 months.

If Hudson continues to perform he’ll be leaving anyway for what should be a very decent fee.

He’ll already have plenty of admirers higher up the pyramid from bigger clubs than Wigan.

I certainly wouldn’t be ‘giving him’ to Wigan in exchange for a loan deal for Stones.

We’ve seen him play 4 games where he admittedly looked the real deal but he seems very injury prone and a move for him could backfire massively!

After watching our preseason games Maloney has plenty of potential and has already replaced Norman as our No.2.

A big fee from a Hudson sale could help us get two more quality players that would really turn this team into championship contenders!

30 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If Hudson continues to perform he’ll be leaving anyway for what should be a very decent fee.

He’ll already have plenty of admirers higher up the pyramid from bigger clubs than Wigan.

I certainly wouldn’t be ‘giving him’ to Wigan in exchange for a loan deal for Stones.

We’ve seen him play 4 games where he admittedly looked the real deal but he seems very injury prone and a move for him could backfire massively!

After watching our preseason games Maloney has plenty of potential and has already replaced Norman as our No.2.

A big fee from a Hudson sale could help us get two more quality players that would really turn this team into championship contenders!

Steady we’ve got Leagues 2 and 1 before then..

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Stones. With our defence we shouldn't be allowing any shots on target anyway, so Moloney can play.

I don't think there are many defences, especially in this league, which doesn't allow any shots on target.
Hudson appears to be the better option right now but, if he starts making gaffes, then opinions will change quite quickly.

Just now, Wardie said:

I don't think there are many defences, especially in this league, which doesn't allow any shots on target.
Hudson appears to be the better option right now but, if he starts making gaffes, then opinions will change quite quickly.

Braintree had two on target yesterday and one of those was a penalty 😃 

We had five on target (four off). What was pleasing was that we had no-one booked 👍