OK. Who's going to Wealdstone?

I'll use this thread as the other is football heavy and this is O/T.

I thought the staff were absolutely brilliant on the weekend. So friendly, joking and laughing with everyone. At one point having a sort of ballroom dance that I still can't explain. Friendly with the kids. Polite and happy despite having to tell about 50 people they'd sold out of literally everything. In the pubs before and after really chatty and asking about how everything is being Latics at this level.

10/10 would go again. Though I hope we never fucking have to!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

I thought the staff were absolutely brilliant on the weekend. So friendly, joking and laughing with everyone. At one point having a sort of ballroom dance that I still can't explain. Friendly with the kids. Polite and happy despite having to tell about 50 people they'd sold out of literally everything. In the pubs before and after really chatty and asking about how everything is being Latics at this level.

My stepdad's a big home & away city fan. Every Wembley trip they use Wealdstone as they turn it into a pre/post match fanzone and place to park. He can't speak highly enough of them as a club and people!

25 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

My stepdad's a big home & away city fan. Every Wembley trip they use Wealdstone as they turn it into a pre/post match fanzone and place to park. He can't speak highly enough of them as a club and people!

He probably sees them more often than his family 

• Like 1

Guest O.A.F.C.
17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He probably sees them more often than his family 

He's in the minority who bother, City always seem to struggle to sell out their Wembley allocation 

8 hours ago, Ackey said:

The friendliness at some National League clubs can't be overstated, the staff at Wealdstone are in that category. Although why anyone drank in the local pubs is a bit of a mystery their social club is decent and probably cheaper too.

That was my 3rd visit - helps it's a relatively local game for me. No complaints on any occasion.

Although the soft drink options might have been limited before 2nd half started. Their chips were decent.

4 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The friendliness at some National League clubs can't be overstated, the staff at Wealdstone are in that category. Although why anyone drank in the local pubs is a bit of a mystery their social club is decent and probably cheaper too.

The Wetherspoons has IPA at £1.79 a pint. So you'd be hard pushed to find that cheaper anywhere, although it was your typcal Spoons, er, experience.

The Irish pub further up, Hennesseys, was miles nicer and the staff were incredibly friendly. 

Really hope it's a farewell tour of these places all the same.

• Like 1