Altrincham ticket news

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

club just assumes everybody has twitter so no need to put important stuff on the official website 🙄 

A concern I have too - perhaps OASF could ask why this seems to be the case?

10 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

club just assumes everybody has twitter so no need to put important stuff on the official website 🙄 

fuck twitter right wing cesspit 🤢🤮

I don't know about right wing, but it's certainly often a cesspit. And yes, it's poor of the club to only put this info on twitter or to give that site priority. They should be told in no uncertain terms that lots of sane, sensible people won't touch twitter with a bargepole.

Edited by Worcester Owl
  • Like 1

These days I never know where to go for the latest info, team news, signings etc. etc. Sometimes it’s on the website but most times it’s only on ‘X’

The extra ticket allocation has been mentioned on ‘X’ but the link to the website just takes you to the original info from last week. The game is only a couple of days away and people need to make arrangements if they want to go!!

Even the OT is well behind with sports news these days.

IMO The club should be using the official website as the first line of communication.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

For goodness sake’s….How long does it take to nip to Altrincham and pick them up.

This might be down to Alty but ticket arrangements in this league are absolutely tin pot!!

Welcome to the national league 

Yeah X is just getting more and more toxic and unpleasant and Melon Husk is influencing that with his conspiracy theory-level rants. It would be nice but unrealistic to expect the club to start posting to saner alternatives like Bluesky or Mastodon but they really need to sort out the website as a decent source of information.

My particular bugbear is that with the recent site redesign they removed the RSS feed, which means you can’t follow club news with an RSS app. It also means they’ve dropped off news aggregator websites like NewsNow, which is shooting themselves in the foot as these drive traffic to the website. I emailed both the club and the design agency but didn’t get a reply from either (suspect it’s a template, a few clubs have done the same).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

elon is about one step away from burning crosses in his garden

X was the home of ranting keyboard warriors of every political hue long before Musk bought it, and apparently still is. I’ve never been remotely tempted to join it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

X was the home of ranting keyboard warriors of every political hue long before Musk bought it, and apparently still is. I’ve never been remotely tempted to join it.

It has its problems, but it's still the best source of breaking/live news out there. Works really well as a way of disseminating information, and you don't have to engage in the discourse (where most of the problems are) if you don't want to.

Guest O.A.F.C.
On 8/28/2024 at 11:29 AM, Monty Burns said:

fuck twitter right wing cesspit 🤢🤮

Don't worry you still have the BBC or Channel 4 for your left wing bullshit 

12 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Don't worry you still have the BBC or Channel 4 for your left wing bullshit 

Yes just watch archive of Laura Kueensberg ripping into the Tories during Partygate !!    🙄

It's a bit strange when both sides accuse an organisation of being biased against them but I suppose if you wanted a balanced view you could always watch GBNews !  😁

Latics have just tweeted. They've arrived at ticket office this morning. Available for in-person sales only. 600 tickets for general sale.

Can also buy tomorrow morning until 12:30

Edited by trickyrickyholden

39 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Latics have just tweeted. They've arrived at ticket office this morning. Available for in-person sales only. 600 tickets for general sale.

Can also buy tomorrow morning until 12:30

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

State of these fucking tinpot teams we are playing down here.

I know, it's as though they are trying to be awkward in the hope there would be less away fans than home.... oh wait.

At least we can get back to the title of this thread and talk ticket sales and not politics. I suppose it was filling the gap until the tickets arrived via carrier pigeon!!!

• Like 1