MATCH: Wealdstone (A) 17/08/24

I’m absolutely pissed on the way back. But what an away game. Teams who win leagues win them games. We don’t look like conceding that back three are hard as nails.

raglan by far MoTM.

still feel we need creativity and Norwood back to tuck those chances away 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Quelle surprise..

They're right of course, but even those that have called Big Mike " an idiot" and "a helmet" and all those who bemoaned his new contract must be quietly impressed with how his season's started...

I thought, apart from the last 15 minutes or so, he was pretty poor. Barely seemed to win anything in the air, often looked a bit lost (think he misses someone telling him where he needs to be). Started getting more success when they started to tire, likely when we'll see him once Norwood & co are back.

11 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

I thought, apart from the last 15 minutes or so, he was pretty poor. Barely seemed to win anything in the air, often looked a bit lost (think he misses someone telling him where he needs to be). Started getting more success when they started to tire, likely when we'll see him once Norwood & co are back.

That he is still here tells you everything you need to know. Without question an asset to our team. I am a big fan. 

Back from the game. Didn’t play as well as last week but felt we deserved it overall. Sides who gain promotion don’t play well all season but get used to winning those types of games, and whilst I’m still feet firmly on the ground it was still a nice change. We got one over on a bogey side at the 5th time of asking, on a crap pitch and in the heat. We’d have 100% lost that last season. Fans were in good voice for parts of the game but would like to see it over longer periods, which I know is hard when the game is crap and you’re not playing well but after our goal the noise in that away end was brilliant. 
MOTM Raglan. Absolute man mountain today and he was dead on his feet at FT.  
Tougher tests to come but can’t ask for more than that to start a season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Charsley very poor. 

I keep seeing you knocking him, is he your latest boo boy? Just out of curiosity did you go? I suspect you didn't because you won't have seen a lot of the selfless running and work he did off the ball, Charsley and Hammond do the graft so that others can play, they are both well suited to the system and are very effective, add to that Charsley has scored in consecutive games and is two games in to his career with us, I know he started pre season slowly but he's growing in confidence, I think your assessment is pretty weak really at least offer some reasoning if you are going to single out.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I keep seeing you knocking him, is he your latest boo boy? Just out of curiosity did you go? I suspect you didn't because you won't have seen a lot of the selfless running and work he did off the ball, Charsley and Hammond do the graft so that others can play, they are both well suited to the system and are very effective, add to that Charsley has scored in consecutive games and is two games in to his career with us, I know he started pre season slowly but he's growing in confidence, I think your assessment is pretty weak really at least offer some reasoning if you are going to single out.

I didn't go today but if Hammond and Charsley did as much running as last Saturday then there can be no criticism. 

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Didn’t go today but couldn't agree more yardog.

Said after first game that Charsley and Hammond did some great work off the ball and their strong running unsettles defences.

The whole squad sounds fitter, more robust and this will be put to the test on Tuesday against a team we know likes to knock it about. 

Raglan was today the player we thought he would be when he first signed. Magnificent performance from him.
Conlon too showing his value to the team - a different player to what we saw last season. 
All of the team contributed today to a hard fought win and Fondop just kept going all game - really pleasing to see!

• Like 1

Not the best game, Raglan outstanding, Conlon and Hudson rock solid and Uchegbulam had another strong hour even if he wasn't as effective, great to get the win despite not quite firing on all cylinders, one or two had off days but we still had a footballing team like Wealdstone camped in their own half for large parts of the game, another clean sheet is pleasing as that's always going to give us a chance.

1 hour ago, doctor evil said:

I didn’t go today but why can’t we just celebrate him for what he is? A very good division 5 footballer that’s gives his all for our team? And let’s face it, is massively undervalued by large chunks of our fan base.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1