MATCH: Wealdstone (A) 17/08/24

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Anyone able to give advice with regards to congestion charges and parking in and around the ground, if driving will I have to pay a Congestion Charge?, also is their on street parking?.

I drove last year we parked in the street near the ground. No permits. You could also park on the train station. About a 5 minute walk either way to the centre or the ground. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I drove last year we parked in the street near the ground. No permits. You could also park on the train station. About a 5 minute walk either way to the centre or the ground. 

Did you pay any congestion charges?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Anyone able to give advice with regards to congestion charges and parking in and around the ground, if driving will I have to pay a Congestion Charge?, also is their on street parking?.

No congestion charge. Loads of off street parking around the ground. You'll be fine 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, daniel said:

Hogan hasn’t travelled. Obviously not a starter but well out of favour now.

And obviously Norman too….Reid will also not be catching a match day squad once Garner & Norwood are fit.

We definately owe these 1. Never beaten them. Dunno if anyone listens to the luke walsh podcast but luke and paul the presenters are halifax and wealdstone fans respectively and both teams seem to have a hoodoo over us. Never beaten either. 

Luke has a downer on us predicting 11th but paul has us spot on. He calls us an enigma. Everything in place but we just never seem to click into gear. Predicted us 5th. Lets make him revise that this afternoon to 1st or 2nd shall we?

Well worth a listen if you never have

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

We definately owe these 1. Never beaten them. Dunno if anyone listens to the luke walsh podcast but luke and paul the presenters are halifax and wealdstone fans respectively and both teams seem to have a hoodoo over us. Never beaten either. 

Luke has a downer on us predicting 11th but paul has us spot on. He calls us an enigma. Everything in place but we just never seem to click into gear. Predicted us 5th. Lets make him revise that this afternoon to 1st or 2nd shall we?

Well worth a listen if you never have

I watch a lot of podcasts and generally most are predicting us to be between 1st and 6th, Luke is an exception really but there is no logical reason to have us finishing any lower than last season, it's simply not going to happen. 

10 hours ago, daniel said:

Hogan hasn’t travelled. Obviously not a starter but well out of favour now.

It's admirable he wants to fight for his place but I'd rather Sutton provide the centrehalf cover on the bench, with us having two players on either flank and seven subs his versatility isn't as important to us now, we also seem to concede lots of goals when he is on the pitch, whatever position he plays, I really thought he'd have moved on for a fresh challenge but apparently not.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I watch a lot of podcasts and generally most are predicting us to be between 1st and 6th, Luke is an exception really but there is no logical reason to have us finishing any lower than last season, it's simply not going to happen. 

Yeah i drive for a living so get a lot of time to listen to them as well

The luke walsh podcast and the NL full time podcasts are generally the best, alongside the BPAS one for specific latics. There is a new one called the national league natter ran by a latics fan, but wasnt overly keen

Edited by philliggi

17 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

That's what I used to do when I was a kid if Latics weren't at home. Shame that such things are somehow frowned on these days 

Spotland, blimey. I think I may have done the same once or twice, and Gigg Lane, not sure why though given United and City (the former back then were usually at home when we were away) were easy to get to, so I sometimes went to OT or Maine Road if I couldn't watch us.

I loathed United and City, still do, but I still remember Old Trafford as an experience in the late 60s/early 70s. You could sit at the back of the Stretford End for 50p, no need to pay in advance, great view and atmosphere. My mates (usually United fans 🙄) used to ask me why I didn't support them, but I was a Latics fan from going to my first ever game aged 7, there was no going back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philliggi said:

Yeah i drive for a living so get a lot of time to listen to them as well

The luke walsh podcast and the NL full time podcasts are generally the best, alongside the BPAS one for specific latics. There is a new one called the national league natter ran by a latics fan, but wasnt overly keen

Been wondering if their is a decent NL podcast out there will give this a listen.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's admirable he wants to fight for his place but I'd rather Sutton provide the centrehalf cover on the bench, with us having two players on either flank and seven subs his versatility isn't as important to us now, we also seem to concede lots of goals when he is on the pitch, whatever position he plays, I really thought he'd have moved on for a fresh challenge but apparently not.

Ignore me, he has travelled. Last time I presume something from Social Media 😂

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Spotland, blimey. I think I may have done the same once or twice, and Gigg Lane, not sure why though given United and City (the former back then were usually at home when we were away) were easy to get to, so I sometimes went to OT or Maine Road if I couldn't watch us.

I loathed United and City, still do, but I still remember Old Trafford as an experience in the late 60s/early 70s. You could sit at the back of the Stretford End for 50p, no need to pay in advance, great view and atmosphere. My mates (usually United fans 🙄) used to ask me why I didn't support them, but I was a Latics fan from going to my first ever game aged 7, there was no going back.

I've been to Old Trafford once , when I was six, to see my favourite player. Some bloke called Joe Royle, I wonder if he went on to do anything? He scored, Everton won 1-0.

35 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I've been to Old Trafford once , when I was six, to see my favourite player. Some bloke called Joe Royle, I wonder if he went on to do anything? He scored, Everton won 1-0.

pretty much the same went inside to watch latics in 91 in the league cup and went with the misses for her x factor audition came away disappointed both times detest the place tbh 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Ignore me, he has travelled. Last time I presume something from Social Media 😂

My point still stands, I wouldn't be selecting him in front of a younger player now, if he wants to stay he'll probably turn out for the reserves in the B team games.