MATCH: Wealdstone (A) 17/08/24

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

So, 11 years I think someone said since we won our first league game of the season - how many years since we won the opening two?

We did under Dickov I think we beat Tranmere then Notts County. Not sure if we have since then

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Really? I was following on the Flashscore site and it didn't mention any subs.
That site's going downhill as well, now.

try the Google national league site pretty fast and upto date can pin the score and surf elsewhere without missing owt 

BBC sport national league page improved as well this year shame they have stopped Web commentrys 

We look at strong physical team, defensively look solid, the fluidity through midfield will inprove as the communication improves, bodes well whe we have got 6 points taking into the injuries.

If we can spread the goals through the team we should make the play offs, anything better is a bonus.

6 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

We look at strong physical team, defensively look solid, the fluidity through midfield will inprove as the communication improves, bodes well whe we have got 6 points taking into the injuries.

If we can spread the goals through the team we should make the play offs, anything better is a bonus.

Start me up. If you start me up I never stop.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Sticky fingers there mate  or been on the brown sugar?

Edited by Ogdenwoodwhittle
Petard hoisting
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Downside for me personally was thinking I’d put a bet on in play for us to win at 3/1, to log back in to see I didn’t accept the price change 🤬🤬

3/1? Best I saw was 8/5, which I declined 

Yep we stuck at it today without being great and just about deserved it in the end.

Our defence this year will be our big strength I think.

I expect both our opponents to date to end up in the bottom 6 this year. Fylde and Aldershot have both started ok so will be a better guage of where we are.

A good result against Fylde and I can see a proper away following at Aldershot next Saturday 👍

15 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Big Mike sticking it to the doubters again. 

Beautiful to see. 

I thought he was quiet for most of the game. But the difference is he’s miles fitter now so he was able to make the decisive runs in the latter part of the game when they were tired. I just don’t think he would have had the legs to do that last season. 

I took the opportunity to watch York City v Tamworth ( free ticket ) , and I must say that York looked very good , in fact the best I've seen at this level even if it was against a very poor Tamworth team .

47 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Sticky fingers there mate  or been on the brown sugar?

Might be The Last Time he does that. You Can't Always Get What You Want, but it's a good start to the season so understandable if he's Out Of Control.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The doubters are saying bigger tests lie ahead.

Quelle surprise..

They're right of course, but even those that have called Big Mike " an idiot" and "a helmet" and all those who bemoaned his new contract must be quietly impressed with how his season's started...

• Like 1