MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 20/08/24

15 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Caprice start as the left full back given Fyldes next biggest threat after Haughton is Ustabasi on the right wing who roasted us last season. Can’t play Jes against him so likely to be Kitching but it was he who got the run around.

No way Mellon plays Gardner in this, he’s guaranteed to break down if he does 

Can’t play Kitching against a decent winger he can’t defend…out of the players left from last season I think he’s the weakest link!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Can’t play Kitching against a decent winger he can’t defend…out of the players left from last season I think he’s the weakest link!

And that right there shows how far we have come. For so long last year he was the first name on the team sheet. Now he's 4th choice wing back 😄

45 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Caprice start as the left full back given Fyldes next biggest threat after Haughton is Ustabasi on the right wing who roasted us last season. Can’t play Jes against him so likely to be Kitching but it was he who got the run around.

No way Mellon plays Gardner in this, he’s guaranteed to break down if he does 

Kitching had the worst game I've ever seen from him at their place he literally was a liability, saying that a few didn't turn up that night so it would be nice to put it right whoever plays tonight.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Kitching had the worst game I've ever seen from him at their place he literally was a liability, saying that a few didn't turn up that night so it would be nice to put it right whoever plays tonight.

Didn't help that Hogan was sent off early in the game, that being said I think we were 2-0 down at that point. 

Appreciate they have a threat in Haughton but let's not forget a couple of the facts here (without getting too cocky given weve previously struggled to beat them)

They finished 18th in the Vanarama and we're at home. We should be letting them worry about us rather than changing our team/system to combat them.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Did he face Kay in that game? 

45 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I’d definitely agree with that, all the sides sussed him out as our main weekness.

Just now, Lukers1 said:

I’d definitely agree with that, all the sides sussed him out as our main weekness.

I thought a lot of sides just spotted we didn't have a right back and focused on that 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I thought a lot of sides just spotted we didn't have a right back and focused on that 

I agree with that but also they realised that he was one of our main attack minded players and marked him out of the game👍

2 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Appreciate they have a threat in Haughton but let's not forget a couple of the facts here (without getting too cocky given weve previously struggled to beat them)

They finished 18th in the Vanarama and we're at home. We should be letting them worry about us rather than changing our team/system to combat them.

100%. Get on the front foot against these and they will fold.

If we are going to get promoted home games against the likes of Fylde are must win games.

With Ragers, Hobbo and Monthe on fire I'm confident of a win.

And we owe them one....cocky bastards.

• Like 1

Would love a 4-0, 5-0 type scoreline after the results last season but will gladly take a 1-0 win to keep momentum going.  

They seemed to run at us a lot through the centre of the park from memory, after our first couple of games, this should and will be negated as we are a lot more mobile and seem to be a hell of a lot fitter, with willing runners.  Can see Conlon doing a job on Haughton if needs be.

Fylde were definitely up for both games last season and will more than likely be the same later, difference tonight i think is that we will match that desire and commitment, get in their faces, pressure them and win the ball back as in the last two games have shown we can do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Looks like we are changing it up tonight 3 changes from Saturday.

We are at Fylde next week so following this thread tonight, as well as ours against Boston.

Nick Houghton, 5 goals, including a hat trick against Solihull, is the league's form player after only two matches.

Fylde also leak goals so should be an interesting game.

Disappointed Conlon misses out, at least it's not injury.  Big game for Lundstram, needs to show he can fit into this team and be relied upon.  His cameo was okay Sat,  hoping he has the confidence to play us forward.