MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 20/08/24

17 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I wasn't whinging, it was an observation after they got away with yet another blatant booking?

Weird response

Not a weird response. 

Why are u so focused on the ref, watch the football for God's sake and stop looking for excuses.

We look a half decent team this year so let's focus on the football instead of constantly banging on about how unfair it is.

2 minutes ago, Charles or Eddie said:

Not a weird response. 

Why are u so focused on the ref, watch the football for God's sake and stop looking for excuses.

We look a half decent team this year so let's focus on the football instead of constantly banging on about how unfair it is.

I've given my opinion on the game plenty in this thread. I posted once about the referee, whilst watching the game

Are you ok?

• Like 6

Champions win those games. We just aren't there yet. Fylde will be nowhere near, they were dreadful. 

Still, unbeaten... but we really should be winning these kind of games. Disappointing and two points well and truly dropped. Need to beat Aldershot.

Anyway, the posting police are clearly here so I'll watch what I say here.

Plenty of positives to take that from that, daft goal to give away but we were the ones doing all the pushing once the equaliser went in. Think we look a bit light up front but that'll iron itself out I think

7 from the first 9, one conceded. Not too much to complain about. Bring on Aldershot

• Like 2

Just now, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Anyway, the posting police are clearly here so I'll watch what I say here.

Plenty of positives to take that from that, daft goal to give away but we were the ones doing all the pushing once the equaliser went in. Think we look a bit light up front but that'll iron itself out I think

7 from the first 9, one conceded. Not too much to complain about. Bring on Aldershot

Well done, your learning 👏 

I cannot stand that Fylde side.

A lot better second half. 

Thought Lundy played well second half, just wish he would keep driving forward and not turn back on himself so much.  

Brave from Hudson with the save. 

Could of won it with a bit more luck.

Good thing from tonight is they kept playing and didn't lose thier heads when going behind (must admit, I lost myn a bit).  Went more direct last 10 but understandable.

Take the point and move on.

(Thought I was making an edit, nah, trying to report my own post!!).

Edited by deckyd

17 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Champions win those games. We just aren't there yet. Fylde will be nowhere near, they were dreadful. 

Still, unbeaten... but we really should be winning these kind of games. Disappointing and two points well and truly dropped. Need to beat Aldershot.

No champions win ALL their games… obviously, 

give it a rest you clown. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Really please we’ve got Monthe, what a player. Seems to have everything . Disappointed overall though, striker needed whether it’s Norwood coming back or someone coming in. 

Posted (edited)

Tough one to take as I thought we where brilliant tonight. 

Charsley is the main man. Everything goes through him. What a find. 

Manny is a level above.

Jes unplayable first half. He often goes quiet 2nd half, we need to work out why. Fitness? Teams doubling up? Tbf they put 3 on him at times first half and he still had a field day. 

Still unbeaten. 

Fylde where absolutely awful. 

Edited by aaronoafc

Should have put them to bed 1st half, Monthe header when unmarked, Caprice should have made better contact. Battled well and at least you can see what we are about. Jes unplayable 1st half, take the point, can I say the ref was awful. 

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Should have put them to bed 1st half, Monthe header when unmarked, Caprice should have made better contact. Battled well and at least you can see what we are about. Jes unplayable 1st half, take the point, can I say the ref was awful. 

Difference of opinion but what exactly did Jes do first half? I remember when he ran it 20 yards alongside the defender and kicked it against him for a corner. Not making him a scape goat but it's a bit OTT to call him unplayable in that first half .... in my opinion.

Agree ref was shocking. 7 added too, awful.

Thought we were the better side but did not create much. We missed Conlon in the middle Lundstram does not want the ball always hiding between two players. Seriously need another striker on Fondop was out on his feet. Thought Charsley had a very good game.

its not a bad point but need a bit more 

10 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Thought we were the better side but did not create much. We missed Conlon in the middle Lundstram does not want the ball always hiding between two players. Seriously need another striker on Fondop was out on his feet. Thought Charsley had a very good game.

its not a bad point but need a bit more 

lundstram had a good second half. 

• Like 3

Positives.

That was a game that we lose last season.

Monthe, Charsley and Jez first half were absolutely Superb. 

Back 3 never looked in trouble in open play. We won’t concede many this season. 

We play so much higher up the pitch than last season. With all the back 3 allowed to maurade forward. 

Ball retention and Passing is much better, with little triangles being played instead of lumping it.

Negatives.  

Everyone falling asleep for their goal. 

But the biggest thing- tonight shows why one up top is a necessity at the minute but not desirable. Against the best side of the 3 we have played (and they weren’t great)  Mikey was isolated a lot and while he worked his socks off, he needed a partner. It’s asking an awful lot of Kay and Charsley to constantly go beyond. We lack some guile and cuteness at the minute, because despite dominating we didn’t really create many clear cut chances. 

Overall. 

We’ll be reet. Onwards on upwards. 

A tough night against a physical side but many many positives as there is a massive change in attitude and effort from all the players.

Still a little too much passing across the defence when trying to push on for a winner but that is a minor criticism as it is a lot quicker than last year, even Hudson hurries up a bit now :)

Just a mention about their keeper who tried to time waste from the first minute, how can you be a footballer when all you want to do is not play football?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Difference of opinion but what exactly did Jes do first half? I remember when he ran it 20 yards alongside the defender and kicked it against him for a corner. Not making him a scape goat but it's a bit OTT to call him unplayable in that first half .... in my opinion.

Agree ref was shocking. 7 added too, awful.

Everything we did in the first half went through him. He made several runs to the byline. Cut inside numerous times, and created our good chance in the first half when he cut it back to Mikey. 

He was terrific first half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest O.A.F.C.
2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Positives.

That was a game that we lose last season.

Monthe, Charsley and Jez first half were absolutely Superb. 

Back 3 never looked in trouble in open play. We won’t concede many this season. 

We play so much higher up the pitch than last season. With all the back 3 allowed to maurade forward. 

Ball retention and Passing is much better, with little triangles being played instead of lumping it.

Negatives.  

Everyone falling asleep for their goal. 

But the biggest thing- tonight shows why one up top is a necessity at the minute but not desirable. Against the best side of the 3 we have played (and they weren’t great)  Mikey was isolated a lot and while he worked his socks off, he needed a partner. It’s asking an awful lot of Kay and Charsley to constantly go beyond. We lack some guile and cuteness at the minute, because despite dominating we didn’t really create many clear cut chances. 

Overall. 

We’ll be reet. Onwards on upwards. 

Not that old chestnut again 🙈 I thought Braintree was a game we would have lost last season!! 

Guest O.A.F.C.
Just now, League one forever said:

I can’t be arsed explaining it again. Go and look at our home record last season. 

Are you going to repeat it throughout the season every time we don't lose?