MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 20/08/24

45 minutes ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Difference of opinion but what exactly did Jes do first half? I remember when he ran it 20 yards alongside the defender and kicked it against him for a corner. Not making him a scape goat but it's a bit OTT to call him unplayable in that first half .... in my opinion.

Agree ref was shocking. 7 added too, awful.

Jez had their No 2 on toast first half, I'm not sure what game you were watching, he does fade but Kitching has looked fucking awful coming off the bench so I'm pretty sure he's not the answer, looks like he's seen his arse again and the quicker he and Reid are shown the door probably the better because they frankly don't look arsed, what was that hoof he did late, he needs to have a word with himself.

As for the rest Hudson frustrated me tonight, he's been far more positive this season but was slowing us down 1st half, back to his usual not seeing the overload when their attack breaks down and allowing teams to reset, we didn’t need to give Fylde a breather as we were fitter and stronger, on one occasion we had three men down the left on a quick turnover and he kept hold of it till Fylde regrouped and reset, then put it out there 30 seconds later.

Back three generally did well, they had more joy when they were more positive as shown by Monthe' goal, thought Caprice struggled to get in the game, I expected more but it's early days for him.

In midfield Gardner showed some nice touches but his dead balls were awful, he must of hit the first man half a dozen times and over hit the other half, they had real problems defending and our set pieces were generally a waste of time.

I thought Lundstrum grew in to the game, needs a pair of balls when the balls in the air as he's reluctant to even compete but he's getting there, when he's looking forward and positive he's a decent player.

Charsley probably my man of the match, relentless in the role he's playing he was everywhere and he gets better every time I see him, Kay was disappointing for me offered little and dropped off too deep on a number of occasions I'd have pulled him at halftime as he hardly effected the game, he can't play in that role and offer so little support to the lone forward. 

Fondop was poor tonight, I've sung his praises lately but he did very little, I know he was basically assaulted everytime the ball went up to him but his link up play was poor.

Of the subs Ogle did well, more physical than Caprice, Hammond did okay and Kitching can get in the bin, I honestly think he's playing shit on purpose because he's shown his old form when he started pre season only to look like a complete raffle winner the last two games.

Missed Conlons quality on the dead ball, thought we could have been a bit braver, absolute schoolboy error for their goal but we kept going and deserved all three points.

As for the officials that game was too big for the ref and the linesman on the Joe Royle side, blatant offside in the lead up to the corner for their goal, liner was 2 foot away from where he needed to be and two men were clearly off, he also flagged Fondop off when they had three men playing him on, his decision making was actually unbelievable, ref made the game about him which is a shame, their No 11 must have made half a dozen fouls alone without so much as a word and I've got to say you'd struggle to find a more incompetent performance, we need strong refs who can see through the shithousery teams like Fylde display.

As for them they were fucking awful from minute one, a very first at BP a team who time wasted from minute one and they deserved fuck all, stole a point really because we went asleep, particularly against Fylde who only score from outside the box can we give one man so much space, criminal really.

Game we would have lost 12 month ago, we can't afford to be letting two points slip at home like that too often this season, although I'm satisfied with 7 points from 9 and sitting 4th.

Winnable game weekend and a chance to put it right.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 5

Not too downbeat after that. Chalk and cheese when you compare it to the same fixture last season

Fondop tries, he didn’t play badly, but he’s brain dead at times. The number of players who gesticulated to him when they played a ball that a striker with intelligence would anticipate was laughable.  We badly miss Norwood. He plays tonight and we win that - not saying he scores, but he makes the runs to get us in more dangerous positions.

Thought Kay was average, Charsley decent again, I still don’t know what Hammond gives us that a greyhound wouldn’t.

Lundstram got better as the game went on - thought he was excellent 2nd half.

Twice now have seen Jez have a better of a first 45 and fade in the 2nd, though what I will say is we need to get him on the ball more and still need to pass it a little quicker at time, maybe miss a man out when switching left to right.

Monthe and Raglan were animals again. Hobson still can’t pass a ball but he still looked solid.

Fylde were shite. Literally everything runs through Haughton - but Christ he doesn’t half amble about. Doesn’t put a shift in at all, a luxury player may I add, but he can play football for sure.

I maintain that despite us lacking a striker like Stones and badly needing Norwood back, we need a proper #10.

We still lack creativity and the likes of Charsley, Hammond and Kay get so much space in this setup, but they aren’t the creative type IMO.

Still, 7/9 and I’d have taken that at the start of the season. Just sick of that load of shite picking points off us.

Overall, massive improvements on last season and long may it continue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

Not too downbeat after that. Chalk and cheese when you compare it to the same fixture last season

Fondop tries, he didn’t play badly, but he’s brain dead at times. The number of players who gesticulated to him when they played a ball that a striker with intelligence would anticipate was laughable.  We badly miss Norwood. He plays tonight and we win that - not saying he scores, but he makes the runs to get us in more dangerous positions.

Thought Kay was average, Charsley decent again, I still don’t know what Hammond gives us that a greyhound wouldn’t.

Lundstram got better as the game went on - thought he was excellent 2nd half.

Twice now have seen Jez have a better of a first 45 and fade in the 

I maintain that despite us lacking a striker like Stones and badly needing Norwood back, we need a proper #10.

I reckon he'll want Norwood to be the No. 10...

It was a decent game in the end. Disappointing not to win it, but we were the better team.

I really like Monthe, didn‘t think we needed him when we signed him, but he‘s a had a very good start. Long may it continue.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Jez had their No 2 on toast first half, I'm not sure what game you were watching, he does fade but Kitching has looked fucking awful coming off the bench so I'm pretty sure he's not the answer, looks like he's seen his arse again and the quicker he and Reid are shown the door probably the better because they frankly don't look arsed, what was that hoof he did late, he needs to have a word with himself.

As for the rest Hudson frustrated me tonight, he's been far more positive this season but was slowing us down 1st half, back to his usual not seeing the overload when their attack breaks down and allowing teams to reset, we didn’t need to give Fylde a breather as we were fitter and stronger, on one occasion we had three men down the left on a quick turnover and he kept hold of it till Fylde regrouped and reset, then put it out there 30 seconds later.

Back three generally did well, they had more joy when they were more positive as shown by Monthe' goal, thought Caprice struggled to get in the game, I expected more but it's early days for him.

In midfield Gardner showed some nice touches but his dead balls were awful, he must of hit the first man half a dozen times and over hit the other half, they had real problems defending and our set pieces were generally a waste of time.

I thought Lundstrum grew in to the game, needs a pair of balls when the balls in the air as he's reluctant to even compete but he's getting there, when he's looking forward and positive he's a decent player.

Charsley probably my man of the match, relentless in the role he's playing he was everywhere and he gets better every time I see him, Kay was disappointing for me offered little and dropped off too deep on a number of occasions I'd have pulled him st halftime as he hardly effected the game, he can't play in that role and offer so little support to the lone forward. 

Fondop was poor tonight, I've sung his praises lately but he did very little tonight, I know he was basically assaulted everytime the ball went up to him but his link up play was poor.

Of the subs Ogle did well, more physical than Caprice, Hammond did okay and Kitching can get in the bin, I honestly think he's playing shit on purpose because he's shown his old form when he started pre season only to look like a complete raffle winner the last two games.

Missed Conlons quality on the dead ball, thought we could have been a bit braver, absolute schoolboy error for their goal but we kept going and deserved all three points.

As for the officials that game was too big for the ref and the linesman on the Joe Royle side, blatant offside in the lead up to the corner for their goal, liner was 2 foot away from where he needed to be and two men were clearly off, he also flagged Fondop off when they had three men playing him on, his decision making was actually unbelievable, ref made the game about him which is a shame, their No 11 must have made half a dozen fouls alone without so much as a word and I've got to say you'd struggle to find a more incompetent performance, we need strong refs who can see through the shithousery teams like Fylde display.

As for them they were fucking awful from minute one, a very first at BP a team who time wasted from minute one and they deserved fuck all, stole a point really because we went asleep, particularly against Fylde who only score from outside the box can we give one man do much space, criminal really.

Game we would have lost 12 month ago, we can't afford to be letting two points slip at home like that too often this seaspot onson, although I'm satisfied with 7 points from 9 and sitting 4th.

Spot on

Edited by Flemboy

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Charsley probably my man of the match, relentless in the role he's playing he was everywhere and he gets better every time I see him, Kay was disappointing for me offered little and dropped off too deep on a number of occasions I'd have pulled him st halftime as he hardly effected the game, he can't play in that role and offer so little support to the lone forward. 

Fondop was poor tonight, I've sung his praises lately but he did very little tonight, I know he was basically assaulted everytime the ball went up to him but his link up play was poor.

As for them they were fucking awful from minute one, a very first at BP a team who time wasted from minute one and they deserved fuck all, stole a point really because we went asleep, particularly against Fylde who only score from outside the box can we give one man do much space, criminal really.

Game we would have lost 12 month ago, we can't afford to be letting two points slip at home like that too often this season, although I'm satisfied with 7 points from 9 and sitting 4th.

Pretty much agree with all of that. 

That ref was diabolical. How he didn’t book their player for obstructing Hudson first half, I’ll never understand. Fondop was also taken out as clear as day and he didn’t even suggest he waved play on, simply that it wasn’t a foul.

And then, after booking Mellon, he takes 5 mins walking back to position to restart the game. A real “look at me” performance. Twat.

• Like 2

Haughton didn't want to know tonight he's so unfit and that team carries him, unless it's on a plate with a bow on it in front of him he has little desire to battle or run for that matter. You can see why he is where he is because most managers would want more from him. He'll go missing in plenty of games this season like he did for 90% of the game tonight.

• Like 1

I'm about as happy as I could be considering it's a home draw with Fylde which is a game you probably need to be winning if you are looking at going up. Nevertheless that was a good performance we were definitely the better side they've only scored through a cracking strike although it's fair to say we were switched off for that. 

I thought Jez looked really lively first half possibly just lacking a final ball at times. I thought Josh Lundstrum played really well second half and really grew into the game and looked alot more confident taking the ball. 

We still need that little bit more in the final third. We still have 2 vastly experienced strikers to come back in and in a game like that they will make the difference. Still think we need a little more cutting edge in the final third and perhaps our final ball needs to be that bit better. Fylde shipped 4 on Saturday and we've relied on a centre back to come forward and unleash a thunderbastard of a strike to get us a draw. But overall I'm pretty happy with that our intensity and fitness was really good so much better than last season still a little bit of improvement to do but it's coming and I think the current trajectory is upwards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

Also - big apologies to the Monthster. When we signed him, I was convinced he was an absolute tugboat. 

Couldn’t have been more wrong.

Same, I must be badly losing my memory but I remember him from Tranmere as this big carthorse who will win everything in the air but is a terrible footballer. Couldn’t be more wrong, and delighted about it too. Absolute class act when you compare him to Hogan in the same position. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I explained it the other day in great detail. You said it’s absolute bullshit. Which is fine. Unfortunately all the facts prove me right. 

That doesn't even resemble an answer to the question...

Didn’t do anywhere near enough to win. Solid, well drilled, neat and tidy but offer very little now for 180 mins. 

Jez got lot of ball, did ok at best. Created nowt of note first half for all his runs and crosses. Losing a half at home and not hitting target is pretty rank. No driving midfield play, too much slow sidewards play. Haven’t lost and 7 from 9 without Norwood and garner is decent but still lacking width and creativity. Need to improve a fair bit going forward. Kitchings performance once on was terrible 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

Same, I must be badly losing my memory but I remember him from Tranmere as this big carthorse who will win everything in the air but is a terrible footballer. Couldn’t be more wrong, and delighted about it too. Absolute class act when you compare him to Hogan in the same position. 

agree, his general play is way better than I was expecting. Drove forward with ball as well tonight and confident enough to hit a 25 yard effort. Stands out in 3 games as a top player for this level 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

Didn’t do anywhere near enough to win. Solid, well drilled, neat and tidy but offer very little now for 180 mins. 

Jez got lot of ball, did ok at best. Created nowt of note first half for all his runs and crosses. Losing a half at home and not hitting target is pretty rank. No driving midfield play, too much slow sidewards play. Haven’t lost and 7 from 9 without Norwood and garner is decent but still lacking width and creativity. Need to improve a fair bit going forward. Kitchings performance once on was terrible 

Still lacking width? We couldn't play with two wide men as wingbacks any further up the pitch.

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 minute ago, League one forever said:

If someone is wilfully ignorant to the facts. There’s not much to say. 

Our home record last season was awful, go and have a look. 

We are one point better off this season after our first two home matches 

Guest O.A.F.C.
9 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The signings definitely seem to have improved us. Monthe, Charsley and Jes in particular have been excellent and Caprice and Ogle look very handy too. Hard to make an assessment on Kay until he's up to speed 

True but let's not get too carried away yet, this time last year people were saying the same about Freeman and Dickinson 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Still lacking width? We couldn't play with two wide men as wingbacks any further up the pitch.

Quality on wings then better phrase. For all the wide play we created very little. We forced one save and the goal he should have kept out was a dip from 25 yards from a centre back. Will need a lot more than that this season to be successful  

6 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

We are one point better off this season after our first two home matches 

Or another way of looking at it. It took us until 8 games to get to 7 points last season this season we've done it in 3.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1