MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 20/08/24

30 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Highlights here. Hadn't realised just how poor keeper was for Manny's goal from the RRE...

Although odd that they didn't include the very good save made from a Fondop header 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Although odd that they didn't include the very good save made from a Fondop header 

That was an unbelievable reaction save to be fair, probably the save of the game so like you say a little strange.

We seem to have more square pegs on square holes.

A couple of observations.

The subs warmed up in front of me at half time .Couldn't see much that filled me with joy, so still room for a couple more.

Watched people walking out at the end. Most were smiling. Seems to be a big change in atmosphere.

I think the game approach from Fylde pretty much set it up to be a lacklustre showing from ourselves, collectively and individually. They were quite happy for us to have possession in our own half but then tracked and harried most of our midfielders the second it reached the half way line. The pretty much suffocated any forward pass by man marking our link up players in Charsley, Kay et al. Other than Jez having a 20 min spell in the first half where he had the RB in bits, but failed with the final ball or shot attempt, I don't think anyone did much of note...certainly in an attacking sense. Second half had an upturn in workrate for sure and much more time on the ball as fatigue kicked in and space opened up. This was particularly evident after our goal we had a 'mini go' at them. 

Fair play to them. I'm just happy we showed the character to get ourselves back from behind and to say we've got 7 from 9 points available, I'm VERY pleased. As MM says, it's still a new formation/way of playing and new players getting used to the personnel around already here. I'm excited as to where we're at. 

Onwards to Saturday

Edited by ncowl
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

Seems to be a big change in atmosphere.

It was the most positive atmosphere I've felt in years. After they'd scored, there seemed little moaning and lots of encouragement. The only booing was aimed at the ref after he lost control.

In general the crowd can see the improvements made and have something to get behind now. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Any improvements to the catering Tuesday? Reading the OASF meeting notes they seem to think it might be permanent and get the sense D. Royle is paying lip service/fobbing them off over certain issues...

Nope still same prices still one queue for beer still a shit show. 

• Bender unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Any improvements to the catering Tuesday? Reading the OASF meeting notes they seem to think it might be permanent and get the sense D. Royle is paying lip service/fobbing them off over certain issues...

I personally think they've contracted it out for a set fee and don't really care or even don't have much say in the pricing/service.

It's a shame because they've sent out a load of surveys and I personally was quite critical in some areas which they appear to care very little about as those area are now worse not better.

I'd like to spend money and support the club but it appears they are trying their best for me to keep it in my pocket. I get the impression Royle doesn't like criticism and unfortunately he's not really engaging and listening to the customer which is a dangerous game to play, fortunately the football is taking the focus off the shitshow on the forecourts and ultimately that will win out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I personally think they've contracted it out for a set fee and don't really care or even don't have much say in the pricing/service.

It's a shame because they've sent out a load of surveys and I personally was quite critical in some areas which they appear to care very little about as those area are now worse not better.

I'd like to spend money and support the club but it appears they are trying their best for me to keep it in my pocket. I get the impression Royle doesn't like criticism and unfortunately he's not really engaging and listening to the customer which is a dangerous game to play, fortunately the football is taking the focus off the shitshow on the forecourts and ultimately that will win out.

He definitely doesn’t like criticism and I have no doubt that he is paying lip service to the Foundation. 

I don’t think he cares about fan experience. It’s short sighted 

9 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

He definitely doesn’t like criticism and I have no doubt that he is paying lip service to the Foundation. 

Think you’re way off with your comments!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Why do your posts always come across with a bitter taste of shitpeas?.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It was the most positive atmosphere I've felt in years. After they'd scored, there seemed little moaning and lots of encouragement. The only booing was aimed at the ref after he lost control.

In general the crowd can see the improvements made and have something to get behind now. 

All good so far....however a 

Note of caution......

The 2 teams we have beaten have lost all 3 games

Fylde avoided relegation last season by a couple of points I think and will be bottom 8 this year.

Shots and Alty away, and Gateshead home will give us a much clearer picture of where we are.

Not being negative as all looks good on the surface....just not jumping the gun quite yet!!

KTF 

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

All good so far....however a 

Note of caution......

The 2 teams we have beaten have lost all 3 games

Fylde avoided relegation last season by a couple of points I think and will be bottom 8 this year.

Shots and Alty away, and Gateshead home will give us a much clearer picture of where we are.

Not being negative as all looks good on the surface....just not jumping the gun quite yet!!

KTF 

Didn't Braintree beat Aldershot or have I dreamt that. 

• Like 1

Football fans opinions are led by results. We've not lost and conceded one goal and the mood is positive and on the up, and so it should be. Lets not forget Hudson has pulled off at least two one on one's with the keeper, had those gone in we could be feeling a little less confident.

Given I lean more to be hopeful that at some point we've gone as low as possible and the rise must inevitably come, it's this year and every defence needs a keeper to come to their rescue sometimes. A defence can look as solid as a rock for 85 minutes of a game and ruined by just the other 5. However when our firepower returns the odd goal against us won't be enough. 

• Like 1