If everyone is available

With no new additions, I'd say:

Hudson

Hobson   Raglan    Monthe

Ogle     Conlon     Gardner    Caprice

Charsley    Norwood

Garner

I think Jes has made a very good start, in particular the two first half performances at home, but I do think ultimately Mellon will opt for Caprice over him...

Edited by Lee Sinnott
Explaining no Jes.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hudson

Charsley    Norwood

Garner

I think Jes has made a very good start, in particular the two first half performances at home, but I do think ultimately Mellon will opt for Caprice over him...

You may well be right but Caprice needs to step up from last night's performance to warrant a start.

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hudson

Charsley    Norwood

Garner

I like.

We now have more than capable key position replacements even when we are doing well.

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hudson

Charsley    Norwood

Garner

Agree with this other than on the left Uchegbulam done nothing to deserve being left out particularly at home, if he gives us a good hour every game I'm happy, he offers us an outlet time after time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Monthe

Ogle

Gardner

Charsley

Conlon

Jez 

Kay

Norwood

Which was kind of what prompted my question.;  Can Norwood really play the lone striker role?

23 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hudson

Charsley    Norwood

Garner

Has Caprice got a left foot? Totally get your point but i'd replace Kitching to give a left footed option. (Easier said than done i know)

7 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Has Caprice got a left foot? Totally get your point but i'd replace Kitching to give a left footed option. (Easier said than done i know)

He was left back for Exeter when they went up from L2 - season we went down. In fact, I think he set up both of their goals against us at BP...

It’s quite apparent now that Kitching is beginning to slip out of favour. I’d be looking to blood Doro now too!

With Caprice who can play either side, Uchegbulam, Ogle, Doro & Sutton we probably have adequate cover at FB/WB.

43 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am beyond convinced that he'll have Norwood as one of his number 10's...

Does Norwood know?  I recall he appeared to be delighted (by his standards... :) ) when MM arrived, presumably because he's worked with him before and he though they'd form the same partnership 

49 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Kithching's cameo last night finally put paid to the debate of him or Jes.

The first 8 - more or less pick themselves. 

The issue is the front 3. 

If it’s 3421 

Id go 

Kay and Charsley behind Nors. 

If it’s 3412 

Id go. 

Kay/charsley. 

Norwood/garner or Mikey. 

If it’s the latter though, I worry about that in either partnership. 

Norwood and Fondop aren’t on the same wave length, one has great movement and a good football brain. The other is hustle and bustle and plays off instinct. Not a good receipe. 

Garner and Norwood may work better now we’re not lumping it. But it struggles for legs and energy, and offers no height. 

We really really need a striker to complement Nors if it’s two up top. 

In answer to the title question I'd go with the team that started last night but swap Kay for Norwood

Going to be interesting to see if we swap formations at any point. While we play with wing backs effectively they are wingers and when we set up from goal kicks last night it looked like a 3-3-4 with Both Wingers pushed right up level with Fondop and Charsley playing alongside him. With Norwood coming back in then while he may go in as a 10 its quite possible we could go to 3-5-2.

We do have the option if we want to go to 4 at the back if needed we could put Jez and Kay on the flanks if necessary. 

It's very rare these days that the team that starts the season looks the same as the one that finishes it. It will change as we go on, it's exciting though we have options.

I do enjoy how Fondop puts himself about and doesn't allow the oppo CB's to bully him. He has been playing that lone striker role with a lot of heart but his link up play, movement and seeming 'footballing brain' (which is a harsh way to describe it) does appear lacking a touch. Last night he rarely cleared out the space he occupied for runners like Kay and Charsley which is exactly what we needed last night. The two CB's for Fylde just sat and we're comfortable for the most part 

Edited by ncowl

11 hours ago, ncowl said:

I do enjoy how Fondop puts himself about and doesn't allow the oppo CB's to bully him. He has been playing that lone striker role with a lot of heart but his link up play, movement and seeming 'footballing brain' (which is a harsh way to describe it) does appear lacking a touch. Last night he rarely cleared out the space he occupied for runners like Kay and Charsley which is exactly what we needed last night. The two CB's for Fylde just sat and we're comfortable for the most part 

I was a little surprised he didn't bring Reid on, even to just sit on the shoulder and make some runs - give them something else to worry about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

I was a little surprised he didn't bring Reid on, even to just sit on the shoulder and make some runs - give them something else to worry about.

Mellon really isn’t having Reid is he. Shame as once he gets hot he’s a useful asset. Just got to hope there’s someone lined up to replace him