MATCH: Aldershot Town (A) 24/08/24

• Bender changed the title to MATCH: Aldershot Town (A) 24/08/24
  • Bender featured this topic

Matthew Russell reffed us at Chesterfield away last season, also took the Woking - Gateshead game last week in which he let too much go in the lead up to Olley having his leg snapped, let's hope he's a little fairer than the ref we had Tuesday night.

As for the match these are very beatable and I hope we start off with some real intent and get after them, slowing it down Tuesday really played in to Fyldes hands and ultimately cost us points, we've a stronger bench than any NL team despite still being two or three short and should be able to bring fresh legs on whenever they are needed, hopefully Conlon is back to direct operations, might be a game for Gardner to have a breather, other selection headache would be at RWB, I'd favour Ogle Saturday over Caprice and Kay or Hammond.

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Monthe

Ogle

Lundstrum 

Conlon

Uchegbulam 

Kay

Charsley 

Fondop

Thought they would do ok this season but a shots fam ive spoken too reckons they havent replaced the goals, described their defence as  flakey  and midfield robust yet uncreative. Apparently their defencive tactics are as simple as keeping it as far away from the goal for as long as possible but they will open up and give us chances. 

All his words not mine but if accurate im more optamistic than i was

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Got my 2 tickets👍 Hopefully another 600+away following. 

Got to be better than last year as we were worse than bad!!

1-0 tight game in our favour I reckon...

Should be more than Wealdstone given it's a better day out but there probably won't be given the close proximity of all these games, I'm undecided. 

12 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Got my 2 tickets👍 Hopefully another 600+away following. 

Got to be better than last year as we were worse than bad!!

1-0 tight game in our favour I reckon...

Yeah they battered us last season and 2-0 flattered us, and they also made a right racket in the stadium, easily the best home atmosphere i’ve seen since being NL.
Wasn’t that the start of our bad run also?

Got my 3 tickets, and reckon they’ll be about 450-500 there. 

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

We have 4 spaces left on the coach if anyone fancies it. 

im not going this one Leeds festival on the Friday.

unsure what to expect feel like we need to go on and win after Tuesday. Tough set of fixtures coming up 

It's the Vauxhall Conference Bradley, there's no such thing as a tough set of a fixtures. 

Fairly pivotal this game I feel. Defeat leaves us with less than 2 points per game which would mean v av start with who we have played. 1 point will be ok, keeps us at 2 p per game which we will need to be right up there, win and we can be really positive we will be challenging at top especially as Norwood and garner still have to come back. 

Edited by Careca9

The more points we can bank until the team is strengthened the better.

The team isn't good enough right now although slightly stronger than last season.

Hate to say it but monthe is a walking mistake,Mark my words...

Edited by ghost of Leonard

49 minutes ago, ghost of Leonard said:

The team isn't good enough right now although slightly stronger than last season.

It appears some village has lost its idiot....

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 13

24 minutes ago, ghost of Leonard said:

I don't doubt for a second that Monthe will make  mistake at some point - as will every other footballer in the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghost of Leonard said:

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't doubt for a second that Monthe will make  mistake at some point - as will every other footballer in the world.

Monthe takes risks when bringing the ball out and may be caught out at some time in the future I agree.

So when the mistake happens can we expect you back @ghost of Leonard to say “I told you so”?

4 hours ago, ghost of Leonard said:

Monthe does have a mistake in him and if he makes one and it’s punished I hope he carries on playing the same. Rather he brave than just pump it forward 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Monthe does have a mistake in him and if he makes one and it’s punished I hope he carries on playing the same. Rather he brave than just pump it forward 

There is mistakes in all our players, the worst thing we could do is vilify them, we don't want players going back in their shell. 

2 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

He made one Tuesday that, fortunately, went unpunished. Hardly a bold statement.

Calling him a walking mistake though is just plain stupid, I honestly don't think I've seen a better centrehalf with the ball at their feet in the three seasons we've been down here.

As has been pointed out they'll all make mistakes it's how they deal with it that shows their character and I just get the impression Manny will be just fine.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Calling him a walking mistake though is just plain stupid, I honestly don't think I've seen a better centrehalf with the ball at their feet in the three seasons we've been down here.

Carragher was alright. Monthe has made a good start, but bold statements like that are setting him up for a fall. And FWIW, I think he's a strong and tough powerhouse, but I don't think the footballing ability is his strong point...

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Carragher was alright. Monthe has made a good start, but bold statements like that are setting him up for a fall. And FWIW, I think he's a strong and tough powerhouse, but I don't think the footballing ability is his strong point...

Apart from his forages up the field with the ball at his feet, and his shooting from outside the box. 

Edited by disjointed
  • Like 2