MATCH: Aldershot Town (A) 24/08/24

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Carragher was alright. Monthe has made a good start, but bold statements like that are setting him up for a fall. And FWIW, I think he's a strong and tough powerhouse, but I don't think the footballing ability is his strong point...

Personally thought he is one of the best all round footballers ive seen in an oldham shirt in the last 20 years. 

Captain material

Can run with the ball

Good in the air

Good off the ball

Can pass

Can tackle

Not many players could probably play any position across the park and give a good account. He probably could

• Like 1

He looked awkward having never played there before, but Monthe did a job at left wingback for Northampton when they beat Derby in March, so he's got more in his locker than just a big clogger for sure

Cobblers supporters noted he unleashed a howitzer in that game that they didn't usually see, and perhaps he should get forward more...

13 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

but I don't think the footballing ability is his strong point...

I don’t agree with that at all……I could understand your comments If you had been talking about Shaun Hobson but in my opinion Monthe has got just about everything you would want from a CB at this level.

16 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Calling him a walking mistake though is just plain stupid, I honestly don't think I've seen a better centrehalf with the ball at their feet in the three seasons we've been down here.

As has been pointed out they'll all make mistakes it's how they deal with it that shows their character and I just get the impression Manny will be just fine.

Indeed. His rocket equaliser showed character in spades.

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Indeed. His rocket equaliser showed character in spades.

Edited by O.A.F.C.

The Monthster already looks levels above Hobson. Can’t believe we were all raving about Hobson last summer - looks like the shit around him made him look mint.

VNL is his ceiling IMO. 

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

The Monthster already looks levels above Hobson. Can’t believe we were all raving about Hobson last summer - looks like the shit around him made him look mint.

VNL is his ceiling IMO. 

Think he's an integral part of our defensive unit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They've just re-signed a centre half they had on loan last season...

My Aldershot supporting colleague said their play off chances deteriorated when he was recalled from his loan. The defence were never as secure for the run in

4 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

VNL is his ceiling IMO. 

Monthe has been excellent the 2 home games I've seen but I think both Hobson and Raglan have been very good too. As a back 3 unit they look nice and solid at this level and won't concede too many if they all stay fit. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, philliggi said:

Personally thought he is one of the best all round footballers ive seen in an oldham shirt in the last 20 years. 

Captain material

Can run with the ball

Good in the air

Good off the ball

Can pass

Can tackle

So he's got the moves but has he got the touch? Don't get me wrong, yeah I think he's alright. But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

So he's got the moves but has he got the touch? Don't get me wrong, yeah I think he's alright. But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night.

If you are with Manny in the middle of the night, I would pretend to be warm.

On 8/23/2024 at 5:11 AM, philliggi said:

Captain material

Can run with the ball

Good in the air

Good off the ball

Can pass

Can tackle

Not many players could probably play any position across the park and give a good account. He probably could

Think calling him one of the best all round footballers of the last 20 years is hugely overselling it after 3 games. I've seen 2 good games from him but come on he's not anywhere near Gregan Clarke or Tarkowski as a centre back is he. He is very good for this level I've no doubt.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think calling him one of the best all round footballers of the last 20 years is hugely overselling it after 3 games. I've seen 2 good games from him but come on he's not anywhere near Gregan Clarke or Tarkowski as a centre back is he. He is very good for this level I've no doubt.

Thats the thing, by all round footballer i mean i could see him play anywhere across the pitch. Although gregan and clarke may be better centre halves i dont think they had the ability too shoot or carry the ball, or put a cross in, which makes him a better all round footballer.

Its only an Opinion. One your entitled to disagree with. 

1 hour ago, Charles or Eddie said:

No moaning about refs today please. Let's try and talk about the football instead

The ref is integral to the game, if he is shit I don't think it's unfair to say so, decent refs get praise as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pauld2019 said:

Hi,i see it says latics live match commentary, does anyone know how to listern to the game live thanks

You used to be able to buy an audio pass monthly or for the season.

I'm hoping I can get it on stream or alternatively a local radio commentary. 

I'm sure someone will be able to advise better.

• Thanks 1