MATCH: Aldershot Town (A) 24/08/24

Before everyone starts bleating today whoever wins this league is likely to lose about 10 games this season, it's worth remembering. 

Think they'll sign a forward and midfielder on the back of that, at least.

Edited by yarddog73

Just now, penrhyn said:

Did you watch the game ?

Most of it. We never got off the bus. They wanted it more. Two teams who won't do much this season, but it seems we have learned nothing from last year.

Teams will naturally up their game against Oldham Athletic - and we can't hack it.

Our attacking threat from midfield along with composure and movement in the final third is non existent.

We desperately need Norwood back and hopefully another striker to come in too.

If Dolan has what it takes it would hopefully change the dynamic completely.

A bigger concern however is how easily our defence has been breached this afternoon.

A really poor display all over the pitch.

Missed the first 30mins, but some worrying traits on display in that game. 

Hope it is a one off. 

What is Kay ? He looks absolutely dump. Another runner with no quality like Hammond. 

Midfield showing that it needs Gardner once again. 

10 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

We are about to complete our 4th game of a 46 game season, and you post tripe like this. Ah, the irony.

Most on here (you included) don’t appear to understand the nuance (well not that nuanced actually) between criticising the team and not getting over excited by beating Braintree.

there has been no criticism of this team from me. I know you want to interpret my views differently. But cutting to the chase, you are wrong. Go vent your frustration elsewhere 

Really pissed off with that scoreline which flatters Aldershot to no end.   

Had the better of the first half and after getting back in the game we lost all momentum, shape and style of play for some reason with the subs.  I like Hammond but he was totally ineffective as was Reid.  They ran us ragged for last 25 mins.

Aldershot were clinical, caused two mistakes, a counter and a pen. Wouldn't call them a yard stick but against one of the "better sides", we lose again all be it very feckin annoyingly.

Edited by deckyd

We were on top up to the first goal. Great cross from Ogle put over the bar by Mikey. They go down the other end and get a scrappy goal. It was uphill from there. For those who can't wait to jump all over this result, let's see how we go with our first and second choice (and hopefully a new one) strikers back.

Just now, Fervid said:

Shit performance and shit subs 

Each one made us progressively worse, Reid just needs to go now, Fondop looks goosed and we are in danger of letting a promising start slip if we don't address a couple of issues.

Shame that will probably knock a few hundred at least off the gate for Monday.

Look, I know we lost but I saw plenty today to give me confidence for the rest of the season. We showed plenty of desire to get back into it. Add Norwood and Garner and we’ll win more than we’ll lose. We looked lively at times but it just didn’t go our way. Keep positive, Stockport walked the league after losing their first 3.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JoeP said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/c8xljlj48dkt

Go to "listen to commentaries", "listen live" and pick our match...

Cheers although having switched on I wished I hadn't bothered.

That will be hard to take and they may have got a rollicking for that they will have to take there medicine and move on quickly. No point feeling sorry for ourselves if we'd won 4-1 today we'd still have long long way to go and we have a game Monday which is against a top 7 side.

I see some of the attention seekers are out on the board tonight and some people will over analyse it but it's one game if that turns into several games like that then we've got a problem but by this time next week today could have been forgotten about.

7 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Most on here (you included) don’t appear to understand the nuance (well not that nuanced actually) between criticising the team and not getting over excited by beating Braintree.

there has been no criticism of this team from me. I know you want to interpret my views differently. But cutting to the chase, you are wrong. Go vent your frustration elsewhere 

6 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Show me where? Thanks 

OK, I'll spell it out for you as you appear to be having difficulty understanding what others are posting, and indeed your own posts.

You said "some of the opinions expressed, on the back of scant evidence, are nothing short of embarrassing" (my emphasis). I pointed out that while few if any people, other than in your fevered imagination, have already claimed we are going up, you have made that statement, 4 games into the season. You are either being deliberately obtuse, or hypocritical (or both).

You say there has been no criticism of the team from you, another remarkable claim, given that you cannot wait to complain and moan about something, either on or off the pitch.

It appears to me the players have a training session mentality and haven't the desire to push forward with any conviction. 

Well done to Aldershot who played with the pace and passion going forward we badly lack. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2