MATCH: Aldershot Town (A) 24/08/24

1 minute ago, Pauld2019 said:

Hi,i see it says latics live match commentary, does anyone know how to listern to the game live thanks

The ifollow contract has ended so you need an account with Latics through the website, go to Latics Player. Then subscribe to an audio pass through the match centre subscriptions, either a solo game, monthly or annual. Roughly same price as ifollow as I recall. They have said there will be an app coming soon.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rick6742 said:

The ifollow contract has ended so you need an account with Latics through the website, go to Latics Player. Then subscribe to an audio pass through the match centre subscriptions, either a solo game, monthly or annual. Roughly same price as ifollow as I recall. They have said there will be an app coming soon.

You need to create a new account for the website your old one won’t work and your password needs a special character.

See more at https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2024/august/16/subscribe-to-latics-player-/

Its 50p a month more than iFollow (£4.99 v £4.49)

12 minutes ago, Pauld2019 said:

Hi,i see it says latics live match commentary, does anyone know how to listern to the game live thanks

In addition to the option of subscribing to Latics player the BBC might have live commentary with an Aldershot bias. Usually available online via their app/website.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

You need to create a new account for the website your old one won’t work and your password needs a special character.

See more at https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2024/august/16/subscribe-to-latics-player-/

Its 50p a month more than iFollow (£4.99 v £4.49)

Thanks wasn’t sure on price difference. It just goes out of the account each year. 😂 

I forgot to mention you have to re-register your account too.

57 minutes ago, philliggi said:

Although gregan and clarke may be better centre halves i dont think they had the ability too shoot or carry the ball, or put a cross in

Do you not remember the 30yd howitzer from Clarke at Crewe a few seasons back?😂

Guest O.A.F.C.
2 hours ago, Charles or Eddie said:

No moaning about refs today please. Let's try and talk about the football instead

Also let's try and not use the phase 'we would have lost that last season' if we win/draw, or 'we would have won that last season' if we loose...

33 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

In addition to the option of subscribing to Latics player the BBC might have live commentary with an Aldershot bias. Usually available online via their app/website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/c8xljlj48dkt

Be gutted to miss Roy putting the world to rights at half-time, but it's BBC Radio Surrey for me..

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, philliggi said:

Thats the thing, by all round footballer i mean i could see him play anywhere across the pitch. Although gregan and clarke may be better centre halves i dont think they had the ability too shoot or carry the ball, or put a cross in, which makes him a better all round footballer.

Its only an Opinion. One your entitled to disagree with. 

Gregan played many a game in midfield during his career very effectively.  Manny is good for this level definitely and probably the next level up,  but not in Gregan's league.

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think calling him one of the best all round footballers of the last 20 years is hugely overselling it after 3 games. I've seen 2 good games from him but come on he's not anywhere near Gregan Clarke or Tarkowski as a centre back is he. He is very good for this level I've no doubt.

think you have missed what 'all round' means..

2 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Also let's try and not use the phase 'we would have lost that last season' if we win/draw, or 'we would have won that last season' if we loose...

Awww spoilsport. That was my go to saying of the season, please can I say it just once? :)

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

a special chatacter

lbby?

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

Gregan played many a game in midfield during his career very effectively.  Manny is good for this level definitely and probably the next level up,  but not in Gregan's league.

probably why he said 'one of' the best

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

lbby?

probably why he said 'one of' the best

He's not in the top 10. That's why I said he's not in the 'same league'.

Edited by Lags

34 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

think you have missed what 'all round' means..

No perfectly understand what he meant as an all round player he's very good at this level but we've had all round players who played for us with distinction 2 levels above where we are nowand then went onto play even higher. Tarkowski Stephens Taylor Wellens Gregan to name but a few all could be put into the all round player brackets they all played much higher than Monthe.

But don't get me wrong Monthe is and will probably prove to be an excellent player for us and if we went up will have no problem adapting to life in L2 we just have to remember where we've come from.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No perfectly understand what he meant as an all round player he's very good at this level but we've had all round players who played for us with distinction 2 levels above where we are nowand then went onto play even higher. Tarkowski Stephens Taylor Wellens Gregan to name but a few all could be put into the all round player brackets they all played much higher than Monthe.

But don't get me wrong Monthe is and will probably prove to be an excellent player for us and if we went up will have no problem adapting to life in L2 we just have to remember where we've come from.

Monthe has come from League 1 (Northampton) and previously played that level for Tranmere.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The 5 I listed all played higher than league 1.

Not disputing that, but you said Monthe was good for this level and probably the next level up. He’s already played two levels up.

13 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Not disputing that, but you said Monthe was good for this level and probably the next level up. He’s already played two levels up.

Massimo Tiabi played in the Premier league and wasnt even league 5.

Monty is good for this level and the one above.  Let's not go OTT, praise in reality is fine. 

Edited by Lags

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

Massimo Tiabi played in the Premier league and wasnt even league 5.

Monty is good for this level and the one above.  Let's not go OTT, praise in reality is fine. 

Monthe has already shown he can play at L1 and that, I reckon, is his limit.

Hope he can do it with us