MATCH: Aldershot Town (A) 24/08/24

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Take the blinkers off we were well and truly exposed today by a far better team. 

Continue with 3 at the back and a poor midfield and this is what will happen more often than not. 

Not blinkers, I'm just not going to have a meltdown four games into the season. 

Didn't take long for the toxicity to come back did it. I know Charsley is your scapegoat already, seen Kay is other people's. Best fans in the league...

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 6

Guest O.A.F.C.
3 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Some ridiculous comments on here from people who didnt watch the full game . And either relying on heresay on the socials or commentry. As has been said we created our own downfall by gifting them a goal when we were in complete control .Second goal was a given as well , and has also been said the last two goals were breakaways inevitable at the point in the game when we where chasing the game. We had 3 or 4 good chances second half before they got a third . On another day Kay scores a hatrick . Conlon looked a bit of pace probably not recovered fully, thought Lundstram was busy again and showed improvement. Charlsley was quieter but still put effort in. Defensively we looked in no danger untill we gave away the goal and even after that . The first goal was completly against the run of play as we had been gradually turning the screw . We definately need Norwood back and Garner , Fondop worked hard but we need more up top . Their commentators were worried before they scored and both said that was never a 4-1  saying the scoreline doesnt tell the full story . So we move on hopefully Dolan will add something to the midfield and if we add other attacking options 

we will be ok

So 10th again 😔

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Not blinkers, I'm just not going to have a meltdown four games into the season. 

Didn't take long for the toxicity to come back did it. I know Charsley is your scapegoat already, seen Kay is other people's. Best fans in the league...

We just lost 4-1, we are allowed to call out player for playing badly. Kay being one of them. 

Had a great chance to make it 3-2, but shot straight at the keeper.. 

• Like 1

Just now, LightDN123 said:

We just lost 4-1, we are allowed to call out player for playing badly. Kay being one of them. 

Had a great chance to make it 3-2, but shot straight at the keeper.. 

There's a difference between saying a player had a poor game and people calling them shit and writing them off four games into a season. It happens far too often with our fans. Kay has barely played two full games and he's being written off

• Like 2

Guest O.A.F.C.

Disappointing away following considering the positive start to the season, shows people are boycotting away games as well as home 

1 minute ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Heads went down and we weren't up for it.  If same thing happens on Monday, Altrincham could be a piss boil 

So the "best fans in the country" would turn on their team before a month of the season is out?

Do we never learn? Toxic atmosphere drains confidence = poor performance.  Poor performance = toxic atmosphere. And so we go round and round heading nowhere.

It's a 46 game season, there will be ups and downs. 

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 hour ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

Look, I know we lost but I saw plenty today to give me confidence for the rest of the season. We showed plenty of desire to get back into it. Add Norwood and Garner and we’ll win more than we’ll lose. We looked lively at times but it just didn’t go our way. Keep positive, Stockport walked the league after losing their first 3.

They did.  They also sacked Simon Rusk in November 2021 with them just outside the playoffs and brought in Dave Challinor.  With him in charge they only lost once until the end of the season.  That's how they won the league.

Guest O.A.F.C.
8 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

So the "best fans in the country" would turn on their team before a month of the season is out?

Do we never learn? Toxic atmosphere drains confidence = poor performance.  Poor performance = toxic atmosphere. And so we go round and round heading nowhere.

It's a 46 game season, there will be ups and downs. 

If we get rolled by Altrincham for the 3rd consecutive season, they fucking deserve it

I thought we were the better team until we scored and then we disintegrated when we should have had the momentum. Whilst Charsley was quiet, the midfield disintegrated to nothing after he went off. We're obviously missing our two main strikers and created enough chances in the first half and prior to we scored to have done better. Ogle had a good game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

There's a difference between saying a player had a poor game and people calling them shit and writing them off four games into a season. It happens far too often with our fans. Kay has barely played two full games and he's being written off

I'd say not written off, but played in a position which he's totally unsuitable for. I thought we'd seen the end of square pegs in round holes, he should be wide right, but unless MM plays Ogle behind him he will be wasted. 

I keep saying MM plays 3 centre backs and we only need 2.

I hope when Dolan comes in he's not played as yet another defensive midfielder. 

Wouldn't put it past MM though. 

Well, I didn't see that one coming. The defence had looked so solid, I expected lots of clean sheets with the odd goal or two conceded here and there. Even early days it's been evident we need more firepower and I hope the injuries don't persist much longer. We can't afford to lose momentum, not least because our fans are (perhaps understandably) impatient.

It's been a while since the takeover and I just think fans now want to see a return on investment. I've really enjoyed the 2 home games but some are claiming today lacked the fizz and endeavour we have shown at home.

I hope it was just a case of a bad day at the office.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Listened to Mellons interview we’ve got to take our chances. Having the likes of Mike Fondop start and miss chances is not going to get you promoted. We need better. 

Ironically, dominated by a centre back who I recommended when he was looking to find a club after moving to this country from Australia, but not followed up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Ironically, dominated by a centre back who I recommended when he was looking to find a club after moving to this country from Australia, but not followed up. 

Does he have a mullet like our Aussie lad?

Edited by TwistingMyMellon

4 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Listened to Mellons interview we’ve got to take our chances. Having the likes of Mike Fondop start and miss chances is not going to get you promoted. We need better. 

Begrudgingly coming round to the idea that we might need someone else up front.  Not seen the highlights, but was it two chances Mikey didn't get on target today?  It was the same Tuesday...

I think we need someone new, rather than hoping Norwood comes back and plays well...

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Begrudgingly coming round to the idea that we might need someone else up front.  Not seen the highlights, but was it two chances Mikey didn't get on target today?  It was the same Tuesday...

I think we need someone new, rather than hoping Norwood comes back and plays well...

If Norwood plays with the same attitude as he had after coming back from injury last season, we are fucked 

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 hour ago, penrhyn said:

love that wouldnt you 

Not bothered either way, it won't involve me 

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think we need someone new, rather than hoping Norwood comes back and plays well.

No, what we do need is someone new to come in and play alongside Norwood!

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Don't think we have any choice but to utilise Garner, can't imagine anybody coming in for him.