MATCH: Gateshead (H) 26/08/24

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I totally agree about the food, I missed lunch on Saturday and was going to pick something up at the ground, unbelievably a buger was £7.50 and they wanted £4 for the smallest tray of chips £11.50, with a drink it would of been over £15 which is scandalous really and I just went hungry. 

I've seen absolutely nothing from the club with regards to what's happening and I personally feel they are now taking custom for granted on a number of levels which isn't in line with the image they want to portray. 

I've actually contacted the club a couple of times since the back end of last season with issues surrounding matchday experiance and pricing and I've not even had a reply or an acknowledgement of the issues which is piss poor form.

Agreed. 

The thing is as well, my daughter’s favourite bit is the chips and drink. (I’m  working on the football) If I said it’s just the football I don’t think she would bother. So I either pay over the odds to keep her interest or it’s another young fan lost. Just feels like a real own goal from the club, and I can’t be the only one in that position. 

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Agreed. 

The thing is as well, my daughter’s favourite bit is the chips and drink. (I’m  working on the football) If I said it’s just the football I don’t think she would bother. So I either pay over the odds to keep her interest or it’s another young fan lost. Just feels like a real own goal from the club, and I can’t be the only one in that position. 

I refuse to use the kiosks, the prices are crazy for the quality of product. 

The drink without a lid thing is mental, appreciate that isn’t exclusive to Latics. 

What everyone in here is (rightly) complaining about isn't Latics though. It's politics. This is the price we pay for Austerity, Brexit, the Ukrainian war, the mere existence of Teresa May [Liz Truss, sorry] (who still gets paid more for that job annually that most people in here for jobs they actually fucking do)... the list goes on.

The prices at Latics (or more importantly people's stagnant wages) are the result of the design. They're not a bug, they are a feature. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

/What everyone in here is (rightly) complaining about isn't Latics though. It's politics. This is the price we pay for Austerity, Brexit, the Ukrainian war, the mere existence of Teresa May (who still gets paid more for that job annually that most people in here for jobs they actually fucking do)... the list goes on.

The prices at Latics (or more importantly people's stagnant wages) are the result of the design. They're not a bug, they are a feature. 

Did you mean Liz Truss ?

Think the problem with the catering is it's leased to a third party so Latics are making money (short term) no matter how many are sold or how good the products are.. I can understand the logic behind this but surely they should have had some input as to quality and prices to ensure it's fans are content.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Did you mean Liz Truss ?

Think the problem with the catering is it's leased to a third party so Latics are making money (short term) no matter how many are sold or how good the products are.. I can understand the logic behind this but surely they should have had some input as to quality and prices to ensure it's fans are content.

Just imagine the caterering

prices if Oasis were to play at BP. 

Wasn't there talk of concerts at the ground? 

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Just imagine the caterering

prices if Oasis were to play at BP. 

Wasn't there talk of concerts at the ground? 

Think the laying of the new pitch would preclude the threat of concerts. Us and the rugby cause enough wear and tear to endure.

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I totally agree about the food, I missed lunch on Saturday and was going to pick something up at the ground, unbelievably a buger was £7.50 and they wanted £4 for the smallest tray of chips £11.50, with a drink it would of been over £15 which is scandalous really and I just went hungry. 

I've seen absolutely nothing from the club with regards to what's happening and I personally feel they are now taking custom for granted on a number of levels which isn't in line with the image they want to portray. 

I've actually contacted the club a couple of times since the back end of last season with issues surrounding matchday experiance and pricing and I've not even had a reply or an acknowledgement of the issues which is piss poor form.

It’s OASF who should be raising this with the club 👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Think the laying of the new pitch would preclude the threat of concerts. Us and the rugby cause enough wear and tear to endure.

On the contrary, I think the new pitch is specifically geared to being more robust, and thus able to handle being a multi-use surface. 

One pitch full of people at a show of some kind will be more money than Latics brings in for 5 games. Maybe 10!

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s OASF who should be raising this with the club 👍

You're probably right there, I can't imagine they haven't mind, maybe there's something in the pipeline but I personally think it's a risky strategy from the club.

44 minutes ago, Ackey said:

On the contrary, I think the new pitch is specifically geared to being more robust, and thus able to handle being a multi-use surface. 

One pitch full of people at a show of some kind will be more money than Latics brings in for 5 games. Maybe 10!

Local residents would kick off. It wouldn’t be approved by the council 

39 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Perhaps I'm being overprotective of  the pitch but I also can't see it being an ideal venue. Having said that I was in Kilkenny a few years back when Springsteen was at Nowlan Park with a capacity not much bigger than BP and that went well.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What was the ‘biggest’ news ever to it Oldham in a lifetime according to Luke Rothwell? 
Has owt been announced yet?

I can’t imagine it was the rugby’s 10 yr agreement.

Would be huge news if they ever finish the fans bar...!

46 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe OASF can let us know what do they raise with the club? 

They publish their board meeting minutes on their website. Maybe you could read them?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, League one forever said:

Agreed. 

That made me smile - reminds me of taking my daughter to her first ever Latics match v Bristol Rovers, Sep 1997, she was nearly 6 years old so I thought it was time. After 15 minutes or so we were 3-0 up and playing fantastic football. I warned her not to expect this every time. She then fell asleep 🤣 and woke up at half-time to find it was 3-3! We drew 4-4 if I remember, but I can't remember whether I bought her anything to eat!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

They publish their board meeting minutes on their website. Maybe you could read them?

Read them, but can't see any reference the board itself has published a statement regarding a new  catering contract.  Verbal is only worth the paper it's printed on. 

The board apart from the Rothwell's seem very remote from fans to me with questions like catering fobbed off. 

We also need to hear more from the Marketing manager on future fans ticket promotions, the pay on the day price is shocking for this level.

All in all the BP experience is awful, and that includes the new theme music. 

Edited by BP1960

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

That made me smile - reminds me of taking my daughter to her first ever Latics match v Bristol Rovers, Sep 1997, she was nearly 6 years old so I thought it was time. After 15 minutes or so we were 3-0 up and playing fantastic football. I warned her not to expect this every time. She then fell asleep 🤣 and woke up at half-time to find it was 3-3! We drew 4-4 if I remember, but I can't remember whether I bought her anything to eat!

I know the feeling. 

Her first game was Aldershot last season- I said the same as you, it’s not like this every time. .  by the third game she said ten minutes in; I’m bored Dad, I had to bribe her with the food and say no matter how bad the football is, we’ll get some food/sweets. It definitely softened the blow. 😂 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know the feeling. 

Her first game was Aldershot last season- I said the same as you, it’s not like this every time. .  by the third game she said ten minutes in; I’m bored Dad, I had to bribe her with the food and say no matter how bad the football is, we’ll get some food/sweets. It definitely softened the blow. 😂 

It'll be worth it in the long run...

• Like 2