MATCH: Gateshead (H) 26/08/24

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Can’t make the game today, so I’m watching on NLTV. It’s my first time on the new website- I’ve purchased the game and it says, video available soon- does it come on just before the game? 

Anyone’s guess! Usually about 10 mins I think but I’ve seen earlier and later. 

34 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Interesting.

Trying to work out if it's the same formation and which midfielder will be pushed up alongside Charsley, or whether it's a 4-3-3 with Charsley and Uchegbulam supporting Norwood?

Ivreckon it's the same box midfield with Lundstrum pushed on alongside Charsley with Gardner and Conlon behind.

Interesting to see Hogan doing a defensive drill are we starting to migrate him from playing to coaching?

Edited by GlossopLatic

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ivreckon it's the same box midfield with Lundstrum pushed on alongside Charsley with Gardner and Conlon behind.

Interesting to see Hogan doing a defensive drill are we starting to migrate him from playing to coaching?

Maybe Hogan is doing his coaching badges. Don’t they have to run some practice sessions as part of the course?

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Actually it's Gardner that's pushed on abd Lundstrum is next to Conlon

35 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

No Kay in the squad and there’s a picture of him with a boot on doing fans signings. 

Have I missed an injury announcement?!

Got taken out on Saturday vs Aldershot with a late challenge. Was hobbling a fair bit afterwards and didn't look too comfortable but stayed on for a while after it. Hopefully the boot is precautionary 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Are they playing with 13 men?

That’s exactly how it feels. 

They’re so much sharper and quicker. Comms said they’ve made 7 changes. We’ve made 2. . . having played 48 hours earlier. 

We look leggy and cautious. Exactly what I was worried about. 

This is abysmal.  No pressing, no urgency, certainly not on the front foot.  Being passed to death.  Do not understand the tactics at all.  Very very poor and undefendable.  

Playing very deep as well, has one result got Mickey scared??  It's walking pace and so easy for Gateshead.

Edited by deckyd

23 minutes ago, ncowl said:

0-1. Poor goal to concede from distance. Manny was so slow at closing the shot down 

But he’s the best centre half we have had in 20 years. Did you not see him against Braintree?

• Like 1

Guest O.A.F.C.
7 minutes ago, ghost of Leonard said:

Monte 🤣

First touch is a corner and he should have scored there..

He's been poor ever since somebody on here said he's the best player we have signed in the last 20 years