MATCH: Gateshead (H) 26/08/24

2 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

We have to be smarter when we do press, half the time it's just 1 man and it's piss easy to play through. These just have set plays, they know when they get pressed where their out balls are. We have to go as a team and take a few more risks, the wingbacks pushing up. Can't just have dangerous Dan running round like a maniac all game...

Yes it's a good point the press is half hearted and it's pointless if only half the team buy in to it.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Awful isn’t it. 

Sat there thinking- I wish we played like that. 

It’s about the 6th time we’ve played them and I always think that. They’ve no money or fantastic facilities. It’s all in clever recruitment and good coaching. 3 years on and we don’t seem to have closed the gap, if anything it’s getting bigger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shut up you clown, Charsley is playing in a No 10 role so I'd suggest that Conlon was probably at fault, and Monthe and Raglan who seem reluctant to close down a man.

Gardner cannot play further forward he's fucked and a liability.

Jez done nothing and swanning around without a care in the world.

I'd be replacing Hobson, Jez and Gardner for Kitching, Dolan and Fondop and try and get a foot hold in the game, these can be got at but Norwood's so exposed he's nobody to link up with.

You don’t like good observation do you so resort to abusive language? 

Just now, the_mighty_bosh said:

Positionally Conlon's at fault rather than Charsley.

Yes Charsley could be quicker to anticipate the danger, but Conlon was chasing the ball alongside Lundstram on the right.

Lack of anticipation isn't lack of effort, so calling a player half-hearted who is actually quite an energetic presser higher up the pitch isn't really correct, nor fair on Charsley.

He knows that, he's obviously got an ulterior motive and made his mind up.

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

It’s about the 6th time we’ve played them and I always think that. They’ve no money or fantastic facilities. It’s all in clever recruitment and good coaching. 3 years on and we don’t seem to have closed the gap, if anything it’s getting bigger.

Made of tougher stuff

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

A good game of football this, fairly end to end. They had a very dominant spell then we came back into it in the last 10/15 min. Other than their worldie and a shot from the angle they haven’t created much to go with their good play. We’ve missed decent chances again. Ref doesn’t seem to realise it’s a contact sport. 

Anyone’s game. 

A worldie. I missed that!  More like a bobbler 

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shut up you clown, Charsley is playing in a No 10 role so I'd suggest that Conlon was probably at fault, and Monthe and Raglan who seem reluctant to close down a man.

Gardner cannot play further forward he's fucked and a liability.

Jez done nothing and swanning around without a care in the world.

I'd be replacing Hobson, Jez and Gardner for Kitching, Dolan and Fondop and try and get a foot hold in the game, these can be got at but Norwood's so exposed he's nobody to link up with.

Jes put in a perfect cross that Gardner should have buried 

5 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Need 3 points.

Isn.t that always the case, though?
Well done Monthe.

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

We must be cursed. How does that no go in? They will no doubt go up the other end and win now. 

FFS! Give in will you..you're practically wishing it on them.

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

A worldie. I missed that!  More like a bobbler 

Really? Looked a great strike to me but then again it’s hard to properly watch what’s going on with the state of the camera!