MATCH: Altrincham (A) 31/08/24

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Anybody still think the lack of a clinical striker (bar Norwood) isn’t a problem??? 

I’m going getting pissed. 

Transfer window is open until March, absolutely no rush.

7 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Last 4 Games, 3 points from a possible 12. It just ain’t good enough . We need a proper settled forward line and quick…

Keep saying 3 centre backs leaves us one short attacking. 

Hobson the one to drop out for me. 

Apart from the first 30 minutes the midfield was poor. 

Were they playing to instructions to drop deep after scoring or was it on their own initiative? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

Just outside the play-offs, with 120 points to play for . . .

Season over. If we aren’t top of the league now there’s 0% chance we’ll ever be. Ever. 

• Like 1

First 22 minutes was very good, then we score and everything falls apart ??

WHY,  they hadn't had a kick up to then.

Always going to drop points again, too many draws already.

Fondop, must be replaced quickly.

Bar the first game of the season we are a single goal a game team which just isn't good enough.

Been saying from day 1 playing with 1 striker, we will never score enough goals, as there just isn't enough in the rest of the team to score 80 goals ish which we will need to go up. 8 in 6 is gash.

Barnet scored 7 today....

Fucking Timmy Abraham scored 2...

He's recruited to play 1 striker and now looks lost when we are chasing a game....

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Keep saying 3 centre backs leaves us one short attacking. 

Hobson the one to drop out for me. 

Apart from the first 30 minutes the midfield was poor. 

Were they playing to instructions to drop deep after scoring or was it on their own initiative? 

Why do they still do that? They cant hold a one goal lead to save their lives. 

Could be worse could be Everton today :o

As a fan who trys to look at things rationally I'm abit concerned (but not panicking) about the fact we've only scored 5 goals in the last 5 games need to be doing more than that if we want a promotion push. Yes we missed out on Josh Stones this week and he still may come but we need everyone to contribute with goals not just 1 or 2. 

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Bar the first game of the season we are a single goal a game team which just isn't good enough.

Been saying from day 1 playing with 1 striker, we will never score enough goals, as there just isn't enough in the rest of the team to score 80 goals ish which we will need to go up. 8 in 6 is gash.

He's recruited to play 1 striker and now looks lost when we are chasing a game....

I agree, 2 up top most games for me . 

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

3 at the back has to go, too defensive.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

3 at the back has to go, too defensive.

Nowt wrong with 3 5 2 which is the way we’ll probably end up playing but your wing backs and midfielders have to get right up the pitch and support the strikers.

If that’s the way we’re going to play then you have to ask the question why he hasn’t temporarily played Fondop alongside Norwood?

25 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Why do they still do that? They cant hold a one goal lead to save their lives. 

Raglan and Monthe can easily manage on their own, don't need another centre back. 

• Like 1

Some absolute passengers out there today biggest being Uchegbulam, had a good game against  Braintree but since then he's gone AWOL, add to that he's positionally piss poor and I don't think he's giving enough, work shy and a liability at times.

Gardner with the odd decent touch but god he wastes the ball, absolutely garbage with the dead ball and contributed nothing.

Hobsons distribution shocking.

I thought Raglan, Monthe, Conlon, Ogle, Lundstrum, Norwood all did okay particularly first half, Kitching did well when he came on, Dolan showed glimpses when he was more positive but Fondop is just disappointing, skied a really good chance off a great Dolan run and shot and then fucked it up when we had the game on a plate in injury time.

Charsley MOM by a country mile for me he's becoming first name on the team sheet.

Haemorrhaged more points against another poor team because we lack any real quality up front, not going to criticise the effort or application but 3 points from 12 is piss poor and we are reverting to back end of last season form at an alarming rate, draws just aren't good enough but while we can't put two decent halfs together draws is about all we will be getting.

Plus side is we got another 60 with Norwood and the goal will only help him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Brother was stood next to Norwoods chef he was expected to get 70 minutes at least. Why was he bought off early when he looked threatening 

I can imagine Ronaldo having a personal chef.