MATCH: Altrincham (A) 31/08/24

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Bar the first game of the season we are a single goal a game team which just isn't good enough.

Been saying from day 1 playing with 1 striker, we will never score enough goals, as there just isn't enough in the rest of the team to score 80 goals ish which we will need to go up. 8 in 6 is gash.

Barnet scored 7 today....

Fucking Timmy Abraham scored 2...

He's recruited to play 1 striker and now looks lost when we are chasing a game....

Timmy Abraham definitely did not score 2 today - I was at Tonbridge Angels today and he came on for the second half and was as good as ever…🤪. His career record is 2 goals in over 60 games!!

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Frustratingly had Fondop took that chance against Gateshead on Monday and had he taken the what by the sounds of it was a very good chance today we'd now be sat joint top of the league with Eastleigh.

A game of fine margins.

Sure is,incase you didnt know you can sign into national league tv and watch the game back in full for free,im just watching it doing my post game analysis now🤣

1 minute ago, Pauld2019 said:

Sure is,incase you didnt know you can sign into national league tv and watch the game back in full for free,im just watching it doing my post game analysis now🤣

One ‘if’ I can take. Two ‘ifs’ are a bit tenuous 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’m trying to see the bigger picture, and hopefully we’ll kick on. 

But that result today is really grating on me.  

It’s frustrating because it’s the same pattern again… didn’t take chances, concede soft goal, draw the game. 

If we’re in the market for a striker could we chuck the Stones/Smith money at Alty for Linney? Thought he had a great game. 

• Like 1

People having a pop at Fondop for that missed 1 on 1 and yes he should finish but tbf, i Don't think Norwood makes the interception or has the legs to race away from the defence for 30 yards and Garner certainly wouldn't. We need a striker with legs, a physical presence that Fondop has but with some footballing ability also. Not easy to find at our level but i'm sure they are out there.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PeteG said:

People having a pop at Fondop for that missed 1 on 1 and yes he should finish but tbf, i Don't think Norwood makes the interception or has the legs to race away from the defence for 30 yards and Garner certainly wouldn't. We need a striker with legs, a physical presence that Fondop has but with some footballing ability also. Not easy to find at our level but i'm sure they are out there.

Stones?

12 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Didn’t Norwood score a similar chance away at Barnet last season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Norwood would have finished it from 30 yards. We do need another striker though agreed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Only 1 defeat in 6, they're hard to beat, just need to turn these draws into wins.

Fold the club 

As much you hate the doomsday crew, you’re not far off the other way. 

The truth is always in the middle.

1 defeat in 6 is statistically correct, but it’s just an ok start. Because as another stat shows- 9 points from 6 games is very middle of the road. 

Ok was ok last season. 

Ok is not ok this season. 

I’m not asking him or expecting him to win the title, but at the very least we should be in the top 7. However the performances are going increasingly patchy and the results reflect that. If we’re 18 points after 12 games he should and will be under pressure. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

It’s frustrating because it’s the same pattern again… didn’t take chances, concede soft goal, draw the game. 

If we’re in the market for a striker could we chuck the Stones/Smith money at Alty for Linney? Thought he had a great game. 

Agreed on Linney, he had a great game.

You’re also right on a pattern emerging. . 6 games in.  Is that Mellon, tactics, personnel? 

Personally think it’s a combination of all 3. 

He really needs a couple of ninety minute performances. 

Edited by League one forever

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I thought Raglan, Monthe, Conlon, Ogle, Lundstrum, Norwood all did okay particularly first half, Kitching did well when he came on, Dolan showed glimpses when he was more positive but Fondop is just disappointing, skied a really good chance off a great Dolan run and shot and then fucked it up when we had the game on a plate in injury time.

How you can pick out Lundstram for that performance today escapes me.

He was easliy bundled off the ball a couple of times, smashed a ball at Fondop from 6 yds which gave him no chance to convert it and is incapable of passing a ball forward-to think we got rid of Sheron who would always put in a shift AND score goals is frankly amazing.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Frustratingly had Fondop took that chance against Gateshead on Monday and had he taken the what by the sounds of it was a very good chance today we'd now be sat joint top of the league with Eastleigh.

A game of fine margins.

But he didn’t.

So we’re not. 

Unlucky is not a trend. It’s a pattern which demonstrates a lack of quality. 

Case in point. Norwood.

One good chance. One goal. 

• Like 1