Aldershot away - *Help please*

Hi there,

Aldershot fan here, and member of their Supporters Club Committee.  I am here in the hope of some feedback following your recent visit to The EBB Stadium.

As you may of noticed, our ground may have character but is also very old and could probably (definitely!! 🤣) do with some freshening up!

One of the most neglected areas has been the away end, and we'd like to put some effort into improving the matchday experience for away fans.

I would be grateful if anyone who attended could give some feedback on your experience last week (and/or last season).  Any input would be appreciated.

This can relate to access to and from stadium, facilities in the ground, food, drink, etc?  Basically anything, apart from the match itself.

Thanks for your time, and I wish you all the best for the coming season.

Aldershot Town fan

Be appreciated if glass bottles and coins weren’t thrown at us numerous times. In all seriousness most clubs have a knobhead element, us included and I believe you’ve put out a statement about it and blocked some kind of home end expansion because of it. 
I like the stadium overall, and the atmosphere it generates, the trek through the park to the away end would probably be the biggest negative, I imagine during very wet, cold and night games it is pretty awful to get through. I’d say some there is big enough space behind the stand to put up some kind of structure and have a away fans bar or something  like that. 

Definitely one of the better atmospheres in this division helped by the roof and at least under cover if it rains! Shame about the political chanting, but that aside (and our poor performance of course) it is a good destination for away supporters, with the station nearby and a decent amount of local parking.

I will stick my oar in too. The walk up the hill and through the park isn't great for an unfit 69 year old. You need more hand rails on the steps in the park. The actual paths in the ground are very uneven and an accident waiting to happen. I am aware of the trees growing in the ground, but still us coffin dodgers who are unsteady on our feet need decent paths.

I can't fault the toilets and the catering (OK I can - the toilets are a fair walk from our seating area!!).

Apart from that a great atmosphere and I do like old grounds - your fans we spoke to were a great bunch and apart from the result a great day out.

Thanks for asking our opinion and enjoy the rest of the season.  

Cheers - Brian.

On 9/1/2024 at 10:56 AM, Hemel latic said:

Great old ground, I really enjoy visiting and it's a good atmosphere. Friendly and efficient stewards but I thought the food offering was a rip off.  

Yeah £6 for a pretty shit cheeseburger is punchy. Other than that a good day out.

As mentioned the paths to, and in, the away end and trees cause accessibility issues, not sure how wheelchair users get on, but I'd guess they use a home entrance.

The change in toilet locations made them more difficult for those in the seating area to access. Given those sitting down are probably more likely to have mobility issues that could be an issue. Furthermore while alcohol sanitizer is usually an appropriate alternative to hand washing with soap and water it isn't always. Some organisms need soap and water and those organisms are the ones you don't want. Therefore you need to assess if the porta-potties meet infection control requirements. How did the catering staff wash their hands?

While marked on the seating plan some of the seats had restricted view which seemed to be caused by the glass being reflective not transparent. Probably not an issue given the crowd size, but might be if you get a decent cup draw. For glass to be the cause of a restricted view and that glass to be on an empty room is frankly silly.

Other than that Aldershot is one of my favourite away days and your home fans create a decent atmosphere. Shame our results have been bad.