MATCH: Southend United (H) 07/09/24

Southend have lost one or two decent players recently and assuming their train is not cancelled… they will probably see a point at BP as a decent result.

Latics on the other hand should be looking for all three - we have to win this one methinks. 🤔

• Like 1

Another draw on Saturday would turn an okay start in to a poor start, I don't even want to contemplate losing at home this season as we should be picking up points minimum, if we go in front we need to go for the jugular as someone's likely to balls up somewhere, with our bench I expect changes because we've fallen short the last four games and that needs to change.

I'd favour 

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Monthe

Ogle

Conlon

Lundstrum 

Kitching 

Charsley 

Dolan

Norwood

Subs

Maloney

Hogan

Caprice

Gardner

Uchegbulam 

Hammond

Fondop

Obviously if Kay or Garner are fit they'd come in on the bench.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Definitely wouldn't have Kitch before Jes even though his performances have dropped off recently so I'd start Caprice and bring Jes on last 20 minutes.

Yes fair comment, I think Jez needs to offer more, not seen him take on a man since the Braintree game. Some time on the bench might instill some hunger.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes fair comment, I think Jez needs to offer more, not seen him take on a man since the Braintree game. Some time on the bench might instill some hunger.

Not been watching many games this season then? 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've only seen two, neither of them v Braintree, and I've seen him do that loads of times!

• Like 1

Hi all. 

You are playing us at a great time. 

We have several midfielders injured.

2 strikers injured and just sold another. We only have 1 striker available and he is a loanee and relatively untested. 

We also signed a midfielder in the week who has promise. 

This will be my 3rd visit to Oldham and the previous 2 were both losses. I have a feeling this one will be no different. 

Staying in Manchester for the weekend, any tips on getting to the ground and the best place to grab a few beers. 

All the best for the season. 

36 minutes ago, Shrimperama said:

Hi all. 

You are playing us at a great time. 

We have several midfielders injured.

2 strikers injured and just sold another. We only have 1 striker available and he is a loanee and relatively untested. 

We also signed a midfielder in the week who has promise. 

This will be my 3rd visit to Oldham and the previous 2 were both losses. I have a feeling this one will be no different. 

Staying in Manchester for the weekend, any tips on getting to the ground and the best place to grab a few beers. 

All the best for the season. 

I’d stay in Manchester until as late as possible drinking. Oldham is shite these days for a pre-match beer, especially around the ground. If there’s a few of you just grab an uber from Manchester to the ground for about £20. If on a budget jump on the tram and get off at Westwood and walk to the ground, which is closest to ground but in a pretty rough area and not the nicest place on earth. Also you could just get the tram to the town centre where there is a wetherspoons etc and about 20 min walk which is a better walk than through westwood. 

• Like 1