MATCH: Southend United (H) 07/09/24

2 hours ago, Shrimperama said:

Hi all. 

You are playing us at a great time. 

We have several midfielders injured.

2 strikers injured and just sold another. We only have 1 striker available and he is a loanee and relatively untested. 

We also signed a midfielder in the week who has promise. 

This will be my 3rd visit to Oldham and the previous 2 were both losses. I have a feeling this one will be no different. 

Staying in Manchester for the weekend, any tips on getting to the ground and the best place to grab a few beers. 

All the best for the season. 

We’re playing quite well, but can’t finish our dinner. 

I’m sure your ‘relatively untested loanee’ will have a good day out and get his only goal while on loan. 

Enjoy your weekend. 

3 hours ago, Shrimperama said:

Staying in Manchester for the weekend, any tips on getting to the ground and the best place to grab a few beers. 

If you go to the Ice Station Zebra fans bar at about 10am, you might just about get in and be served by half time...

59 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Very tough game tomorrow. 

Jury well and out and people drawing conclusions about us being more this that and the other after 6 games baffles me. Not seen anything yet to convince me. 

You made your mind up then? Whilst some of us are probably being unnecessarily positive I'd suggest you are quite the opposite, I get caution and it's pretty easy to predict a shit season given we've had 30+ seasons of it but dear me I'm not really sure some of our fans even want to be successful. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You made your mind up then? Whilst some of us are probably being unnecessarily positive I'd suggest you are quite the opposite, I get caution and it's pretty easy to predict a shit season given we've had 30+ seasons of it but dear me I'm not really sure some of our fans even want to be successful. 

You understand what a jury being out means don’t you? 

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Being not convinced is a decision you’ve made after 6 games. . and is no different to somebody thinking it will click in time after 6 games. 

You've hit the nail on the head there.

Most of us can see that we are far from the finished article, both on and off the pitch, but are fair-minded enough to see the incremental improvements and show patience, recognising that 30 years of decline can't be fixed overnight.

On the other hand, some - eg @deyres42, @AndyB2, @GKing521 and @ghost of Leonard spring to mind - are like a double dose of Waldorf and Statler. Relentless negativity, never giving MM, the board, the club, credit for anything. I wonder if anything Latics do will ever cheer them up 🤣

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Most of us can see that we are far from the finished article, both on and off the pitch, but are fair-minded enough to see the incremental improvements and show patience, recognising that 30 years of decline can't be fixed overnight.

On the other hand, some - eg @deyres42, @AndyB2, @GKing521 and @ghost of Leonard spring to mind - are like a double dose of Waldorf and Statler. Relentless negativity, never giving MM, the board, the club, credit for anything. I wonder if anything Latics do will ever cheer them up 🤣

Convinced some of it's done on purpose for the reaction.

• Like 4

Can see this being another close game.  Need to start as we did at Alty, being on the front foot and hopefully convert a few chances when we are. 

Would be great if it was one of those days were everything clicks and falls into place and we batter them 4 or 5, these seem to be few and far between! 

Remember battering Northampton at home, 5-1 think it was, Doyle scoring a chip on the volley was it, something similar tomorrow would do!  

21 hours ago, Shrimperama said:

Hi all. 

You are playing us at a great time. 

Oh dear God no that's the worst possible thing to hear!  🫣 A typical Latics 3-0 defeat incoming.

21 hours ago, Shrimperama said:

Same to you, glad your club is finally in good hands.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I completely disagree about the posters mentioned.

They've been nowhere near negative enough. 

Once we drew with Fylde at home they finally understood that the next 17 years are going to be completely disastrous, but they were so off the mark as it was obvious to the truly smart fans after the less than perfect performance against Wealdstone that the club and team are in a terminal tailspin that is all Micky Mellon's fault.

Glad they've finally caught up with the rest of us realistic fans.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh
  • Like 1