MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/09/24

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd drop all those who aren't performing, which could be about half a dozen at least.

Mellon won't name many changes maybe Gardner for the injured Charsley and Fondop for Norwood.

I'm happy enough with Gardner being in the team, but not as one of the 2 more attacking midfielders.  I'd have him sitting alongside Conlon instead of Lundstram.

Norwood probably won't be played based on the end of the Southend game.  Not particularly confident if Fondop starts, much prefer him making an impact from the bench.  We need to be looking at a short term loan striker signing at the very least if Norwood is injured.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Call me crazy but I think we might draw 1-1

Quite possible, only been 10 goals in total in their 7 games this season, three draws as well two being 1-1 the other 0-0 yesterday at Hartlepool, won't get much of a price for a 0-0 or 1-1.

I'd be tempted to try something new, Milly will have been in Wilds ear and they'll tactically exploit any weakness we have, some players also need a rest, I'd favour;

Hudson

Ogle

Raglan

Monthe

Kitching

Caprice

Conlon

Gardner

Khan

Norwood

Fondop

You'd like to have a settled XI but somethings got to change. 

• Like 3

If we have doubts about Norwoods fitness I would not include him better leave him out and get him fully fit than risk him being out for a long period. Plus Fondop could well be rejuvenated after his goal on Saturday I'd like to see both Caprice and kitching start and I only want to see 2 of Lundstrum Gardner and Conlon. Think it might be worth starting Khan assuming hes fully fit.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If we have doubts about Norwoods fitness I would not include him better leave him out and get him fully fit than risk him being out for a long period. Plus Fondop could well be rejuvenated after his goal on Saturday I'd like to see both Caprice and kitching start and I only want to see 2 of Lundstrum Gardner and Conlon. Think it might be worth starting Khan assuming hes fully fit.

If it was a knock as reported, he should be fairly safe to play if the pain has settled. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

If it was a knock as reported, he should be fairly safe to play if the pain has settled. 

If he's definitely fine i.e. 100% fine then I'd play the team that finished the game on Saturday. We don't want to take any risks on him at this stage in the season.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

If he's definitely fine i.e. 100% fine then I'd play the team that finished the game on Saturday. We don't want to take any risks on him at this stage in the season.

It often happens managers start with the same line up barring injuries rather than the team which did better late in a game. 

Don't t know why though. 

59 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It often happens managers start with the same line up barring injuries rather than the team which did better late in a game. 

Don't t know why though. 

Think we are due a change up though, and with a midweek game then I'd be very surprised if we went with the same team that finished the 1st half Saturday.

Edited by GlossopLatic

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think we due a change up though and with a midweek game then I'd be very surprised if we went with the same team that finished the 1st half Saturday.

For a start it's likely Norwood will be rested to recover from his knock. Might see Garner pushed in slightly earlier now, or at least on the bench to try and get 20-30 mins under his belt.

Now I know it's OWTB's and we all have an opinion.

Surely it's time to start Reid up front and he's only 29 years old.

Let bygones be bygones and let's try and win a football match!1

Just sayin' before I get slated!! - It's only an idea!1  :peepwall:

Cheers - Brian.

29 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Cheers - Brian.

I suppose we are that desperate.

He should come into the squad if Norwood isn't.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Millibob said:

Cheers - Brian.

Suggesting bringing back Alex Reid a player who seems a little too content to just pick up a wage and do nothing for 9 months now, because we need to win a football match is abit of an oxymoron.

Edited by GlossopLatic

On 9/8/2024 at 10:15 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Call me crazy but I think we might draw 1-1

It might just be the sanest thing you've ever posted 😉

Well, last month they've beaten Barnet and drew with Gateshead but like our resident ghoul has predicted 

We have to win, although keeping a clean sheet has proved difficult. 

I'll go 1-2 and a happy night for all.

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Score prediction missed