MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/09/24

As has been said already by some we need to change formation and 442 seems to be what we should do in coming games especially wth Charsley out injured. Monthe and Ogle were best payers for us and a goalkeeping error gave them their goal to level it. Team played much better for last 15 to 20 minutes and could have nicked it.

All these draws are so frustrating. 

Norwood has been disapponting since returning. Also when Fondop scored against Southend, Norwood did not come across to join the celebration of the goal. Maybe MM should be looking at this type of attitude issue instead of "who nipped out for a cig"!!  

It sounds like we finished the game quite well but the first half was poor would it be fair to say the pattern of the game was similar to that of Saturday?

I know you need to put in 90 minute performances if you want to go up but is it more important to start a game strongly rather than rally at the end that way your not chasing the game. Particularly at home I feel we need to really start games on the front foot more and get the crowd up from the start we can always slow down later in the game especially now we can bring on 5 subs if necessary. We are finishing games well but we are going into the last 20 minutes chasing the game rather than being ontop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, south east latic said:

Agree with most of that. First half was dire - probably the worst of the season so far aside from the second half against Aldershot. But second half we were much more on the front foot and we’d have won if it it weren’t for brain farts from Hudson, Kahn and Fondop.

The real frustration is why we always come out playing ponderous rubbish to start with. Would love to see us come out on the front foot and take charge of a game but we never seem to do it.

The reverse at  Aldershot though. 

13 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Mathew Hudson in the Vanarama midweek team of the week. I shit you not.

We could do with a duff keeper against us in this league, but mostly they look great.

We've had plenty of disasters here like Blaney and Budtz, but we don't seem to see them in opposition teams. 

Edited by BP1960

10 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Mathew Hudson in the Vanarama midweek team of the week. I shit you not.

Probably picked by the same chap who gave Dan Gardner MOM last weekend.

At least someone's got a sense of humour.

You could only really put Ogle in there, he was doing three  jobs last night.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Probably picked by the same chap who gave Dan Gardner MOM last weekend.

At least someone's got a sense of humour.

You could only really put Ogle in there, he was doing three  jobs last night.

Four if you add his battling attitude. 

He rallied the troops better than the captain and the management team. 

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We could do with a duff keeper against us in this league, but mostly they look great.

We've had plenty of disasters here like Blaney and Budtz, but we don't seem to see them in opposition teams. 

Gateshead's chucked two in for us at their place last season and we still didn't win 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Four if you add his battling attitude. 

He rallied the troops better than the captain and the management team. 

We scored within two minutes of starting the second half, not to mention the fact we've come from behind three times already this season, all in the second half, so do the players and management not get some credit there? 

I can't stand the "let's all just be positive" mantra some spin, but equally the glee emanating from yours and others' commentary of our apparent failings is just strange. It's like your "ten games coming up" or whatever in another thread. Give it a rest.

19 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Obviously not. But the far easier free header from Mikey and the stupid offside counts as a total of 3 wasted chances from Fondop today. 👍

We are on about 8 for the season at this point. 

Looked onside to me here..player in the middle playing him on:

25 minutes ago, Astro said:

We scored within two minutes of starting the second half, not to mention the fact we've come from behind three times already this season, all in the second half, so do the players and management not get some credit there? 

I can't stand the "let's all just be positive" mantra some spin, but equally the glee emanating from yours and others' commentary of our apparent failings is just strange. It's like your "ten games coming up" or whatever in another thread. Give it a rest.

I didn't post a ten games coming up thread. 

I'm inclined to think some players had words to say at half time. 

I'll give the management credit when we dominate for longer than 30 minutes, recently we haven't done that. 

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I didn't post a ten games coming up thread. 

I'm inclined to think some players had words to say at half time. 

I'll give the management credit when we dominate for longer than 30 minutes, recently we haven't done that. 

You commented in that thread a few hours ago and you're inclined to think anything that suits your rigid viewpoint, the above being a very apt example.

• Bender unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, LaticsLegend said:

There is absolutely no way of seeing if that's offside or onside from that clip. Not sure why people are saying otherwise, it's impossible.

I'd suggest the liner probably had the best view, it didn't look an obvious mistake in real time and there wasn't much protesting from anyone on the pitch neither which generally gives a good indication. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd suggest the liner probably had the best view, it didn't look an obvious mistake in real time and there wasn't much protesting from anyone on the pitch neither which generally gives a good indication. 

It was close and Fondop should've held his run a bit more to make it a non-deate. I had a good view though and thought the lad in the middle played him on at the time 

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Imagine if we were good, should be taking 3000 there.

agree but factor in two things. it clashed with Engerland on a tues night and quite a big portion of our support has fled Oldham and comes from farfaraway!