MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/09/24

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

He’s not delivered in the slightest. But he was considered a key signing. We scouted him for a while and he is who our recruitment team thought to be a missing piece of the puzzle. He’s lacked goals, assists & bite in the middle. I’m just as disappointed in our recruitment team as I am in some of these signings. But then they often leave and do well elsewhere, so I’m also disappointed in our coaching team!!

If he's a crab he's a peeler

Soft shelled and hiding away

• Like 1

Worst performance of the season so far, and Mellon should take a lot of the blame for it.

I don't mind this formation and I've seen teams use it to good effect, playing stylish football regardless of level or budget.  But Mellon's using it to make us increasingly more defensive which is a worry.

Back 5 and Hudson are doing fine, although with this personell it's definitely a back 5 which is unnecessary.  Fondop has a thankless task and is isolated tonight. 

The box midfield has been very poor and that should be our decisive area, but they are never in the right place.  Dolan and Gardner (who absolutely should not be playing that role) are never close enough to Fondop, while Conlan and Lundstram are being passed through way too easily.

Really worrying to see that first half performance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's been poor, but not as poor as Conlon, Lundstram and Dolan. 

It's back to Mellonball again. 

I watched gardner under no pressure whatsoever try to make a 3 metre pass and fall over,we watching the same game

It’s so frustrating. We look distinctly average and this side as it is isn’t going anywhere. We look short especially in midfield.

Just amazes me that York with full rebuild right up there, Rochdale had serious problems and dire period last year but and right up there. It’s so possible to do that over one window in what is a poor league yet we somehow can’t. I’ve seen enough now this season and I can’t say we’ve moved on that much from second half of last year

Just now, the_mighty_bosh said:

Worst performance of the season so far, and Mellon should take a lot of the blame for it.

I don't mind this formation and I've seen teams use it to good effect, playing stylish football regardless of level or budget.  But Mellon's using it to make us increasingly more defensive which is a worry.

Back 5 and Hudson are doing fine, although with this personell it's definitely a back 5 which is unnecessary.  Fondop has a thankless task and is isolated tonight. 

The box midfield has been very poor and that should be our decisive area, but they are never in the right place.  Dolan and Gardner (who absolutely should not be playing that role) are never close enough to Fondop, while Conlan and Lundstram are being passed through way too easily.

Really worrying to see that first half performance.

He'll just brush it off when asked

Hope he's put some kind of structure in place for the second half 

No overlaps by anyone. Midfielders who play the ball wide and just watch what happens rather than looking for the return. Lots of long balls up to Fondop which was the usual fall back option last season when we ran out of confidence after 10 minutes. 

Was about to type that they need a rocket and the leaders on the pitch need to get hold of this, but now we’re ahead!

3 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Why does it take 45 minutes for us to start playing. Halifax are rubbish and we should already be in firm control if we have any promotion aspirations. 

Take the lead Oldham.

no not like that.

i quite like your pessimism but you willingness to take it too far without any balance loses you so much credibility 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyB2 said:

Take the lead Oldham.

no not like that.

i quite like your pessimism but you willingness to take it too far without any balance loses you so much credibility 

Nobody cares about credibility 

Winning is all that matters and we've been shite but the luck is with us

Just now, AndyB2 said:

Take the lead Oldham.

no not like that.

Meh. A scrappy goal shouldn't easily erase the dross that just happened.