MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/09/24

I think there is some psychological damage done when players start the process of dropping down the leagues.

A number of our signings have played in L1 for a good part of their career and have started the journey downwards with us from which they won’t return. Once that decline happens it’s often quite accelerated. We see that in other sports (golf, tennis for eg). So whilst we think we are signing players that are better than L5, the reality is that often they aren’t and indeed we may see that L5 is too much for them as the process of decline isnt often a gentle

one. Especially true of midfielders and strikers. 

When down to 10 men . . much the better side, more effort, determination, skill, application etc.

Makes me think that if we’d played like this (10)but with an extra man (11)we’d have won 0-6

Just now, Lags said:

I've backed MM from the off... but it's getting difficult 

Totally agree, Lags. He’s had nearly a full season now, and lots of money later. So depressing. Just sick of this same old crap. Can’t see it improving to be honest. We are poor.